December Solstice 2013

Old December 17th 13, 08:48 AM posted to sci.astro.amateur
oriel36[_2_]

Default December Solstice 2013

For astronomers,the idea of summer/winter solstice is a distraction from the more accurate June/December Solstices as the surface rotation of the Earth to the central Sun is lost to summer/winter terminology which are hemispherical in nature.

A Solstice represents a definite position of the Earth in space where the polar coordinates,acting for all points on the Earth surface,have turned to a position of orbital noon and orbital midnight just as the daily rotation has a specific spot on the Earth which is at noon and midnight.

The breakthrough is recognizing that in the absence of daily rotation,the Earth surface turns once to the central Sun as a component of its orbital motion.

The ancient astronomers from many thousands of years ago,even though they were unaware of it in dynamical terms, marked that orbital point when the Sun reaches an orbital position when the polar coordinates are furthest from the circle of illumination -

http://stonehengetours.files.wordpre...ce-2003-01.jpg

http://www.newgrange.com/newgrange/winter-solstice.jpg

In the dreariness of this anti-astronomical era there is no light shinning on human endeavor in astronomy even when there has never been so many tools and images to raise astronomy in importance in the minds and hearts of the people of this planet.All these big institutions and companies and they draw a blank when a few dedicated graphics back up by actual imaging introduces the world to a second surface rotation our planet has by removing the obstruction created by a rotating celestial sphere geometry wrongly correlated directly with the Earth daily rotation.

Old December 17th 13, 02:57 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
[email protected]

Gerald may or may not be on the autistic spectrum. What I do know is that some of his behaviour is quite unlike that of the autistic students I worked with during many years in education.

I don't believe for a minute that he actually believes much of what he writes but I do believe that he has painted himself into an emotional, psychological and scientific corner. He quite literally dare not answer any questions about his beliefs (particularly where his beliefs differ from main stream views)because the irrationality of his postings would then become even more obvious.

Some of his "new insights" are just re-phrasings of concepts the rest of the astronomical community has known and understood for years but many of the rest fly in the face of the evidence that he either/or a) ignores and b) will not answer questions about!

He almost invariably posts material just as if previous participants to the thread didn't exist. I cannot recall a single example when he has changed his view on anything based on what others have said within this group.

He goes through obsessive phases - at the moment it is Sirius. In the past I can recall when almost daily he posted links to photos of Uranus.

He must a dreadfully sad life!