Meade truss tube dobs

Old October 21st 06, 11:49 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Richard Amirault

Default Meade truss tube dobs

Sorry if this has been discussed before .. I've been away from the hobby for
a bit ..

I've just heard that Meade is making truss tube dobs. Are they out and
shipping, or just "on order". If they are out .. what is the verdict. I am
*very* interested in getting a 10" or 12".

--
Richard Amirault N1JDU Boston,
MA, USA

Old October 22nd 06, 02:05 AM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Jan Owen[_1_]

"Richard Amirault" wrote in message
Sorry if this has been discussed before .. I've been away from the hobby
for a bit ..

I've just heard that Meade is making truss tube dobs. Are they out and
shipping, or just "on order". If they are out .. what is the verdict. I
am *very* interested in getting a 10" or 12".

--
Richard Amirault N1JDU
Boston, MA, USA
n1jdu.org "Go Fly A Kite"

They're pretty good. I have a 12" and highly recommend them. Great value
for the dollar...

There have been several threads about them in the last couple weeks on
SAA...

Check them out...

There is also a Yahoo group dedicated to these scopes, with everything you
could ever want to know about them...

No reason to detail this all over AGAIN...

--
Jan Owen

To reach me directly, remove the Z, if one appears in my e-mail address...
Latitude: 33.6
Longitude: -112.3
http://community.webshots.com/user/janowen21

Old October 22nd 06, 03:12 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Richard Amirault

"Jan Owen" wrote ...
There is also a Yahoo group dedicated to these scopes, with everything you
could ever want to know about them...

Thanks, I'll check out the Yahoogroup.