~ ! A Morning Wood Merciful Merci * * * !

Old May 31st 05, 06:03 AM
Twittering One

"... & lottsa
Dogs."
~ Twittering

Old May 31st 05, 07:22 AM
Random

Twittering One wrote:
~ ! A Morning Wood Merciful Mercurial
Maniacal
Emergency * * * !

"I don't mean to be contrary
(it comes naturally),
And this is one of those cases where
I do care
With whatever passes for sincerity
In my world, but
... well I don't think there's a nice way
To say it. I'll try, though.

I'm probably way off-base
With this anyway.

Is Usenet ~ a public, searchable, indefinitely ~ archived
Network ~ really the place
You want to look for support after such an experience,
Ms.
Hooper?"
~ Random

"Why not?"
~ Twittering

"At 33 or 34,
In such a populous area, and for a person
Such as
Yourself, I'd find it surprising if you didn't have friends
Off the wire."
~ Random

"O, you mean ~ Etherized, too?
My only friends now, on balance,
R fowls @ 33rd & Byrd.
& some Polar Bears et
Al. But I try keep an open mind, @ The Risk of loosing more marbles."
~ Twittering

I'd be hard-pressed to show you any on-balance human. Precious few of
us are okay.

Are you working there, at 33rd & Byrd? It seems like a nice enough
place. Not sure if fowl are really the friends you need, though.

Why not Usenet... well... the lack of intimacy. The pallid shade of
human affection. The unreality of it. It's a dissociation from 'real'
humanity. It disconnects you from who and what are actually around,
actually available. All of this Internet stuff you're going about...
it's all an escape. But it's temporary. At some point, you still have
to lay down in a real bed, go out on a real street, talk to real
people, if only superficially. It isn't helping much.

That, and the assholes that meet you on Usenet have a lot more
potential to be damaging, to be counterproductive with regard to
emotional support and recovery. A stranger on the street doesn't know
your name. He doesn't know your pain, what you've gone through. He
doesn't know where you live, where you hang out, what you used to do,
what you do now. He hasn't read the complaints, doesn't know what's
been done to you. He can't use it against you.

Do you go out at all?
Hang out, other than at 33rd or with the polar bears?

Old May 31st 05, 07:53 AM
Twittering One

"I'd be hard ~ pressed to show you
Any on ~ balance human.
Precious few of us are okay.

Are you working there,
At 33rd & Byrd? It seems like a nice enough
place. Not sure if fowl
Really are the friends you need, though."
~ Random

"No, not, the foul
Just follow."
~ Twittering

"... the lack of intimacy.
The pallid shade of human affection.
The unreality of it.
It's a dissociation from The Real
Humanity. It disconnects you

From who and what are actually around,

Actually available."
~ Random

"O, yes, I agree.
But now, it's all I've got."
~ Twittering

"At some point, you still have to lay
Down in a real bed,
Go out on a real street,
Talk to real people, if only superficially."
~ Random

"O, I agree.
For now, it's my only contact.
But O, I want Real."
~ Twittering

"A stranger on the street
Doesn't know your name, doesn't know your pain,
What you've gone through, doesn't know where you live,
Where you hang out,
What you used to do,
What you do now.

H. hasn't read the complaints,
Doesn't know what's been done to you.
H. can't use it against you."
~ Random

"H. knows, but there's nothing
To use
Against me. All done. Nothing
Much more to lose."
~ Twittering

"Do you go out at all?
Hang out,
Other than at 33rd or with the polar bears?"
~ Random

"Borders.
Dunkin Donuts.
The Hospital Coffee Shop.
That's 'bout it."
~ Twittering

Old May 31st 05, 08:52 AM
Random

Twittering One wrote:
"I'd be hard ~ pressed to show you
Any on ~ balance human.
Precious few of us are okay.

Are you working there,
At 33rd & Byrd? It seems like a nice enough
place. Not sure if fowl
Really are the friends you need, though."
~ Random

"No, not, the foul
Just follow."
~ Twittering

"... the lack of intimacy.
The pallid shade of human affection.
The unreality of it.
It's a dissociation from The Real
Humanity. It disconnects you

From who and what are actually around,

Actually available."
~ Random

"O, yes, I agree.
But now, it's all I've got."
~ Twittering

For now? Or now and forever?

"At some point, you still have to lay
Down in a real bed,
Go out on a real street,
Talk to real people, if only superficially."
~ Random

"O, I agree.
For now, it's my only contact.
But O, I want Real."
~ Twittering

It's not going to come and get you, or so we should hope. It's up to
you to go and get It.

"A stranger on the street
Doesn't know your name, doesn't know your pain,
What you've gone through, doesn't know where you live,
Where you hang out,
What you used to do,
What you do now.

H. hasn't read the complaints,
Doesn't know what's been done to you.
H. can't use it against you."
~ Random

"H. knows, but there's nothing
To use
Against me. All done. Nothing
Much more to lose."
~ Twittering

The perfect position: nothing to lose. It means you can walk a couple
blocks, sit down, and gamble on a group of strangers. If you lose,
you've lost nothing.

http://www.google.com/maps?q=Cafe&near=10016&hl=en

Bring Folly. A good conversation piece and ice breaker, and hopefully
(he? she?) will make you feel a little more comfortable while you're
out.

"Do you go out at all?
Hang out,
Other than at 33rd or with the polar bears?"
~ Random

"Borders.
Dunkin Donuts.
The Hospital Coffee Shop.
That's 'bout it."
~ Twittering

I'm not too familiar with the area, being that I'm in (not from) S. Fla
and have never been near where you are. But I meet a lot of people from
that region and it seems to me that, as unpleasant and misguided as I
find them, they generally mean well in their own ways.

I've found that Starbucks is an excellent place to meet any sort of
person. Lord knows, they're not paying five bucks for the ****ty
drinks... I generally just want them to shut up and go away, but I'm
rather misanthropic. Your mileage will certainly vary.

Anyway... I don't really have anything else to say, and I really don't
like cross-posting (alt.astronomy?).
I don't know if I've been of any help, but I hope I have.

You've got my email address in all of these posts, if you want it for
any reason.

Good luck, ma'am.

Old May 31st 05, 09:07 AM
Twittering One