Crater ray in Aristoteles

Old October 16th 03, 09:31 AM
Pete Lawrence

Default Crater ray in Aristoteles

I've rediscovered an article on these apparently rare events a coupld
of days ago. By pure coincidence there was an event in the crater
Aristoteles this morning (16-10-03 06:09UT). Here's my first crater
ray (not much time to process before leaving for work!)...

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/p.lawrence1/newpics/16-10-03_Aristoteles.jpg

It's the 'V' shaped area or light nicely framing the central peak.

I'll publish the full details on my website in due course.

Also, if anyone's interested, I put together a brief Moon study page
at:

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/p.lawrence1/moonstudy.html

Inspired by the fact that the almost full Moon had removed virtually
everything else from view!

--
Pete
Homepage at http://www.pbl33.co.uk
Old October 16th 03, 06:48 PM
Don Baker

Your Moon study page is very interesting!

--

Don Baker
Go 18, 5 & 14....(also 8, 40, & 30)

Old October 16th 03, 07:28 PM
Chuck Taylor

Hi Pete,

Nice photos and explanation. It should help a number of people!

Clear Skies

Chuck Taylor
Do you observe the moon?
Try the Lunar Observing Group
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/lunar-observing/

Old October 17th 03, 09:54 AM
Pete Lawrence

On Thu, 16 Oct 2003 17:48:40 GMT, "Don Baker"
wrote:

Your Moon study page is very interesting!

Thanks Don - I've sent a reply to your email but it's bounced back to
me as undeliverable. I've tried using a different service. I hope
this one makes it (no - it's just come back as well!).

Please feel free to use the material as requested.

This may be of interest as well if you haven't already seen it...

If you visit my site at http://www.pbl33.co.uk, expand the astronomy
branch, then the special projects branch and finally click on the
Planets Animation, you will find an animation of the massing of
Planets in 2002. I know that this has also generated a lot of
educational interest.