See the latest Jake Garn BS on a local TV station.

Old December 21st 05, 05:09 AM posted to sci.space.history

Default See the latest Jake Garn BS on a local TV station.

See the latest Jake Garn BS on a local TV station.

http://www.ksl.com/?nid=148&sid=141307

I sent in a 'viewer comment':

Re John Hollenhorst's nice story on Jake Garn and the 'Garn scale'. Good
story, but the old guy was BS'ing as usual when he said, "Jake Garn, Former
Senator-Astronaut: "I've been very proud of the fact that they named
something after me after al these years, even if it was unofficial."

Actually, he was a humorless bully his whole time down at NASA (I worked
there at the time, I saw it), and made sure an appropriations bill forced
NASA to rename their shuttle training building to "the Jake Garn Shuttle
Training Building". Officially. Unwillingly. Arrogantly. And it still makes
workers sick to their stomachs when they walk under the sign grin.

Old December 21st 05, 11:30 AM posted to sci.space.history

Jim Oberg wrote:
See the latest Jake Garn BS on a local TV station.

http://www.ksl.com/?nid=148&sid=141307

I sent in a 'viewer comment':

Re John Hollenhorst's nice story on Jake Garn and the 'Garn scale'. Good
story, but the old guy was BS'ing as usual when he said, "Jake Garn, Former
Senator-Astronaut: "I've been very proud of the fact that they named
something after me after al these years, even if it was unofficial."

Actually, he was a humorless bully his whole time down at NASA (I worked
there at the time, I saw it), and made sure an appropriations bill forced
NASA to rename their shuttle training building to "the Jake Garn Shuttle
Training Building". Officially. Unwillingly. Arrogantly. And it still makes
workers sick to their stomachs when they walk under the sign grin.

It sounds like the 'Garn scale' should really be an S.O.B. scale and
Garn would
rate a 10.

;-)

Rusty