moon variations

Old August 22nd 05, 08:54 PM
mike ring

Default moon variations

I guess this is abit of a simple(ton) question, but I can't really work it
out.

There's an amazing difference between this month's moon and the last two.

The last two months the fullish moon was yellow, and so low the trees were
obscuring it.

This month it's liike a winter moon high, way above the trees, and bright.

I'm used to the seasonal changes, but this one seems like an enormous step
change.

Is there any particular reason for this, please?

mike
Old August 24th 05, 05:47 AM
Barry Schwarz

On 22 Aug 2005 19:54:19 GMT, mike ring
wrote:

I guess this is abit of a simple(ton) question, but I can't really work it
out.

There's an amazing difference between this month's moon and the last two.

The last two months the fullish moon was yellow, and so low the trees were
obscuring it.

This month it's liike a winter moon high, way above the trees, and bright.

I'm used to the seasonal changes, but this one seems like an enormous step
change.

Is there any particular reason for this, please?

Since the moon's orbit is close to the ecliptic, the full moon in
summer is low and in winter is high. You are catching it as it heads
north.

Remove the del for email

ISS needs to go to the MOON, with or w/o crew Brad Guth Policy 1 March 31st 05 12:58 AM
The Apollo Hoax FAQ (is not spam) :-) Nathan Jones UK Astronomy 8 August 1st 04 09:08 PM
The Apollo Hoax FAQ darla Misc 10 July 25th 04 02:57 PM
The apollo faq the inquirer Astronomy Misc 11 April 22nd 04 06:23 AM
significant addition to section 25 of the faq heat Astronomy Misc 1 April 15th 04 01:20 AM