What is the visual difference between a stone and a satellite?

Old February 10th 04, 06:30 PM
bart janssens

Default What is the visual difference between a stone and a satellite?

So the moon and the planetes are articifial satellites,
because of their predictable positions...

No, they're natural satellites, so they don't appear in the hours after a
rocket is launched, or dissapear when a satellite is de-orbited, or in the
case of the shuttle... lands.

Some meteorites appear and disappear at the same time-interval,
as a so-called "artificial satellite"...,
but they really are natural satellites...

Some of your pictures surely look like a meteorite
or a natural satelliete, not an artificial...

See, the whole problem with your theory that such speeds are impossible (and
I've told you this before, but you ignored me) is that a bullet recieves
only a momentary force as the expanding gasses force it out of the barrel. A
rocket has continuous accelleration, until the fuel runs out.

Do you know one experiment in which a "military rocket" goes faster
than a (starting) bullet? I don't think so...
The rockets were invented to transport explosives...
They could not start to quickly in order not to ignite the explosives...
So you can see them all the time...and especially with military
rockets they do accelerate to much after launching...
and they certainly do no get faster than a starting bullet, which
goes so fast that you can not see it...

That is why
your chart of maximum speeds doesn't seem to allow for rocket launches (BTW,
amateurs in the western desert are getting close to putting homemade rockets
into orbit. For the cost of a Greyhound ticket, you could go watch a rocket
launched by ordinary people, if you're so distrustful of the world's
governments).

What is the VELOCITY reached by those home-made rockets?
2,000KPH? That is FAR AWAY from 28,000KPH....

Why do you write "getting close to putting rockets into orbit"?
Do you believe in "Santa Claus"? Is 2,000 close to 28,000?
I DO NOT THINK SO!

Old February 10th 04, 06:41 PM
bart janssens

I've seen also the rendez-vous of the shuttle with the station -
but that was with just binoculars and without the scope.

Are you sure that you did not see a two stone or two meteorites?

The next time,
assumming they're going to restart the flights soon,
I'm going to try to make out the shuttle.

I expect there will not come a new launch of the shuttle...

and if they really claim it...

Go to Cape Canaveral, follow the launch...
and see it never exceeds a velocity of more than 300KPH,
although you need a velocity of 28000KPH...

(and so I suppose they wil not dare to do this anymore)

www.geocities.com/markpeeters96/a.html

Old February 10th 04, 06:59 PM
Alexander Avtanski

bart janssens wrote:
Are you sure that you did not see a two stone or two meteorites?

Bart, I'm not talking to you. I was sharing experience with
Stephen.

Regards,

- Alex

Old February 10th 04, 09:02 PM
Stephen Fels

"bart janssens" wrote in message
om...

What is the VELOCITY reached by those home-made rockets?
2,000KPH? That is FAR AWAY from 28,000KPH....

And gravity on the surface is FAR AWAY from the zero gravity experienced in
space. You're really going to have to try harder.

Why do you write "getting close to putting rockets into orbit"?
Do you believe in "Santa Claus"? Is 2,000 close to 28,000?
I DO NOT THINK SO!

That's because you're a net-kook and probably some variety of insane. Good
bye.
--
Stephen
Home Page: stephmon.com

Old February 11th 04, 02:58 PM
bart janssens

"Stephen Fels" wrote in message om...
"bart janssens" wrote in message
om...

That is why your chart of maximum speeds doesn't seem to
allow for rocket launches (BTW, amateurs in the western desert
are getting close to putting homemade rockets into orbit.
For the cost of a Greyhound ticket, you could go watch a rocket
launched by ordinary people, if you're so distrustful of
the world's governments).

What is the VELOCITY reached by those home-made rockets?
2,000KPH? That is FAR AWAY from 28,000KPH....

And gravity on the surface is FAR AWAY from the zero gravity experienced in
space. You're really going to have to try harder.

The gravity at a height af 300km is 9m/s^2,
that is closer to 10m/s^2 than to zero...

Why do you write "getting close to putting rockets into orbit"?
Do you believe in "Santa Claus"? Is 2,000 close to 28,000?
I DO NOT THINK SO!

That's because you're a net-kook and probably some variety of insane. Good
bye.

Why do you not answer the question?
Is the speed of a home-made rocket more than 2,000KPH?
Is 2,000 close to 28,000?

www.geocities.com/markpeeters96/a.html