ASTRO: LBN 564 A rarely imaged nebula

Old December 3rd 08, 10:05 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
Rick Johnson[_2_]

Default ASTRO: LBN 564 A rarely imaged nebula

Well, the south end of it. It is far too big for my system so I only
could capture the south end. That appeared the brightest and when
working at f/10 seemed the best candidate. I could find only one other
image of it, wide field super deep image by Tom Davis with his 12.5"
f/3.5 astrograph.

14" LX200R @ F/10, L=6x10' binned 2x2, RGB=2x10' binned 3x3,
STL-11000XM, Paramount ME

Rick

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	LBN564L6X10RGB2X10X3.jpg
Views:	530
Size:	514.4 KB
ID:	2268
Old December 6th 08, 05:09 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
Stefan Lilge

Great image Rick. Somehow these dust clouds are the most difficult objects
for me I never get that "dust hanging in front of stars" look like this
image, only the "stars being fainter because of dust" look.

Stefan

ster.com...