ASTRO: China Eclipse

Old August 1st 09, 05:39 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
Tony W[_2_]

Default ASTRO: China Eclipse

From our viewpoint at Ningbo (south shore of Hangzhou Bay) with the
S&T/Travelquest group took this set of what can only be called 'snaps'
during July's TSE.
Weather was not brilliant at all with heavy rain moving in quickly shortly
before totality so these we taken with my camera set to auto.

Not long after totality the weather really closed down and we had some
thunder and lightning along with the torrential rain on our way back to
Shanghai.

Other people who had travelled west to Wuhan the night before had much
better views.

TonyW

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Composite2.jpg
Views:	219
Size:	159.8 KB
ID:	2543
Old August 2nd 09, 05:54 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
Rick Johnson[_2_]

Tony W wrote:
From our viewpoint at Ningbo (south shore of Hangzhou Bay) with the
S&T/Travelquest group took this set of what can only be called 'snaps'
during July's TSE.
Weather was not brilliant at all with heavy rain moving in quickly
shortly before totality so these we taken with my camera set to auto.

Not long after totality the weather really closed down and we had some
thunder and lightning along with the torrential rain on our way back to
Shanghai.

Other people who had travelled west to Wuhan the night before had much
better views.

TonyW

At least you saw something. Some other folks I know saw the clouds get
dark. Though the trip was interesting, having never been to China,
before it was a bummer for them. My wife has seen one under perfect
skies but I've not yet had the pleasure.

Rick