PARANOIA AND MASOCHISTIC HUMOUR IN EINSTEIN CULT

Old May 21st 08, 07:49 AM posted to sci.physics.relativity,sci.physics,fr.sci.physique,sci.astro,fr.sci.maths
Pentcho Valev

Default PARANOIA AND MASOCHISTIC HUMOUR IN EINSTEIN CULT

"Relativity Revisited"
Authors: Flora Lopis (MIT), Max Tegmark (MIT)

abstract:
Was Einstein wrong? This paper provides a detailed technical review of
Einstein's special and general relativity from an astrophysical
perspective, including the historical development of the theories,
experimental tests, modern applications to black holes, cosmology and
parallel universes, and last but not least, novel ways of expressing
their seven most important equations.

http://arxiv.org/PS_cache/arxiv/pdf/...804.0016v2.pdf

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5PkLLXhONvQ

Pentcho Valev

Old May 22nd 08, 07:10 AM posted to sci.physics.relativity,sci.physics,fr.sci.physique,sci.astro,fr.sci.maths
Pentcho Valev

http://www.edge.org/q2008/q08_5.html
John Baez: "On the one hand we have the Standard Model, which tries to
explain all the forces except gravity, and takes quantum mechanics
into account. On the other hand we have General Relativity, which
tries to explain gravity, and does not take quantum mechanics into
account. Both theories seem to be more or less on the right track --
but until we somehow fit them together, or completely discard one or
both, our picture of the world will be deeply schizophrenic.....I
realized I didn't have enough confidence in either theory to engage in
these heated debates. I also realized that there were other questions
to work on: questions where I could actually tell when I was on the
right track, questions where researchers cooperate more and fight
less. So, I eventually decided to quit working on quantum gravity."

Pentcho Valev

Old May 23rd 08, 04:17 PM posted to sci.physics.relativity,sci.physics,fr.sci.physique,sci.astro,fr.sci.maths
Pentcho Valev

http://www.prospect-magazine.co.uk/a...ls.php?id=5538
Paul Davies: "Einstein's famous equation E=mc2 is the only scientific
formula known to just about everyone. The "c" here stands for the
speed of light. It is one of the most fundamental of the basic
constants of physics. Or is it? In recent years a few maverick
scientists have claimed that the speed of light might not be constant
at all. Shock, horror! Does this mean the next Great Revolution in
Science is just around the corner?"

Pentcho Valev

Old May 25th 08, 06:37 AM posted to sci.physics.relativity,sci.physics,fr.sci.physique,sci.astro,fr.sci.maths
Pentcho Valev

http://www.perimeterinstitute.ca/ind...ecture_id=3576
Albert Einstein: "I consider it entirely possible that physics cannot
be based upon the field concept, that is on continuous structures.
Then nothing will remain of my whole castle in the air, including the
theory of gravitation, but also nothing of the rest of contemporary
physics."
John Stachel's comment: "If I go down, everything goes down, ha ha,
hm, ha ha ha."

Pentcho Valev

Old May 27th 08, 04:43 PM posted to sci.physics.relativity,sci.physics,fr.sci.physique,sci.astro,fr.sci.maths
Pentcho Valev

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/05/27/ar....html?ref=arts
"This is not a “Da Vinci Code” seminar or a fright-doc about asteroids
hitting the earth. Dr. Magueijo, a theoretical physicist at Imperial
College, London, has for the last decade been an important player in
attempts to explain what some see as inconsistencies in the theory of
relativity.....We’re treated to the story of how he had his Einstein-
was-wrong-about-the-speed-of-light breakthrough while fighting a
hangover, and to the sight of him chuckling while watching what appear
to be fake home movies, with an actor playing the young Joćo."

Pentcho Valev

Old May 27th 08, 07:15 PM posted to sci.physics.relativity,sci.physics,fr.sci.physique,sci.astro,fr.sci.maths
hanson

"Pentcho Valev" wrote in message
http://www.nytimes.com/2008/05/27/ar....html?ref=arts
"This is not a “Da Vinci Code” seminar or a fright-doc about asteroids
hitting the earth. Dr. Magueijo, a theoretical physicist at Imperial
College, London, has for the last decade been an important player in
attempts to explain what some see as inconsistencies in the theory of
relativity.....We’re treated to the story of how he had his Einstein-
was-wrong-about-the-speed-of-light breakthrough while fighting a
hangover, and to the sight of him chuckling while watching what appear
to be fake home movies, with an actor playing the young Joćo."
Pentcho Valev

hanson wrote:
ahahahahahaha... Pentcho, you and Magueijo make it all too
complicated. It all boils down to Andro's 3-liner (1,2,3) below:

"Androcles" wrote
Why did Einstein say
(1) the speed of light from A to B is c-v,
(2) the speed of light from B to A is c+v,
(3) the "time" each way is the same?
http://www.androcles01.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/

hanson wrote:
ahahaha... Andro, you have that post-script on for a
week now and alluded to it for years. Yet AFAICS not a
single one of the Einstein Dingleberries gave the obvious,
glaring answer that stares into the face of these fanatics.
.... All that one of the EDs came up with and then was
parroted by a few others, was them saying:
"But Einstein didn't say that"... despite the fact that
Albert so did.... ahaha... AHAHAHA... ahahaha...
http://www.zionism-israel.com/Albert...in_Specrel.htm

Why are these self-aggrandizing EDs not capable of
facing the fact that Einstein **HAD** to say that
because... ... ... ... Now, here is the chance for you EDs
to finish that sentence and show that you really do
UNDERSTAND REL, for if not then you EDs are nothing
more than Sunday school children, infantile BELIEVERS,
who are reciting and interpreting their bible.... worshipping
and following all the **** that it contains and represents...
ahahaha... AHAHAHA.. ahahaha.... ahahanson

Old May 27th 08, 09:24 PM posted to sci.physics.relativity,sci.physics,fr.sci.physique,sci.astro
Androcles[_8_]

"hanson" wrote in message
| "Pentcho Valev" wrote in message
| http://www.nytimes.com/2008/05/27/ar....html?ref=arts
| "This is not a “Da Vinci Code” seminar or a fright-doc about asteroids
| hitting the earth. Dr. Magueijo, a theoretical physicist at Imperial
| College, London, has for the last decade been an important player in
| attempts to explain what some see as inconsistencies in the theory of
| relativity.....We’re treated to the story of how he had his Einstein-
| was-wrong-about-the-speed-of-light breakthrough while fighting a
| hangover, and to the sight of him chuckling while watching what appear
| to be fake home movies, with an actor playing the young Joćo."
| Pentcho Valev
|

| hanson wrote:
| ahahahahahaha... Pentcho, you and Magueijo make it all too
| complicated. It all boils down to Andro's 3-liner (1,2,3) below:
|
| "Androcles" wrote
| Why did Einstein say
| (1) the speed of light from A to B is c-v,
| (2) the speed of light from B to A is c+v,
| (3) the "time" each way is the same?

http://www.androcles01.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/

| hanson wrote:
| ahahaha... Andro, you have that post-script on for a
| week now and alluded to it for years. Yet AFAICS not a
| single one of the Einstein Dingleberries gave the obvious,
| glaring answer that stares into the face of these fanatics.
| .... All that one of the EDs came up with and then was
| parroted by a few others, was them saying:
| "But Einstein didn't say that"... despite the fact that
| Albert so did.... ahaha... AHAHAHA... ahahaha...
| http://www.zionism-israel.com/Albert...in_Specrel.htm
Which says:
"He did not give proper references in many cases because he worked in a
patent office"

That's a good excuse. I worked in a software engineering development office
so
there is no need for me to give proper references.

The really funny part is that he worked in a SWISS patent office, and what
was
being patented in the early 1900s besides chocolate and cheese with big
holes in it?

The ED relativity quiz.

Q1) Where was Einstein working when he developed his theory in the Swiss
patent office?

Hint : If you don't know then have a guess.

Q2) What was being patented in the early 1900s besides chocolate and cheese
with big holes
in it like his theories?

Hint: Kuckucksuhren.
http://www.grandfatherclocksplus.com...cp/cl8390.html

That's how he got his hadron for time and where they are building the Large
Hard-on Collider.

Q3) Where did the idea for time being the fourth dimension come from?
Hint:
'Really, this is what is meant by the Fourth Dimension, though some people
who talk about the Fourth Dimension do not know they mean it. It is only
another way of looking at Time. There is no difference between Time and any
of the three dimensions of Space except that our consciousness moves along
with it.' -- Herbert George Wells - "The Time Machine" - 1895.

"The secret to creativity is knowing how to hide your sources." --Einstein

a.. "If A is a success in life, then A equals x plus y plus z. Work is x; y
is play; and z is keeping your mouth shut." - Albert Einstein.
a..
a.. Q4) How old was Albert when he read "The Time Machine" ?
Hint:
a.. "Common sense is the collection of prejudices acquired by age
eighteen."- Albert Einstein.
a..

Q5) Is relativity a religion?
Hint:
a.. "Science without religion is lame. Religion without science is blind." -
Albert Einstein.
a.. "I am convinced that He (God) does not play dice." - Albert Einstein.
a.. "God is subtle but he is not malicious." - Albert Einstein.
a.. "My religion consists of a humble admiration of the illimitable superior
spirit who reveals himself in the slight details we are able to perceive
with our frail and feeble mind." - Albert Einstein.

Q6) Did Einstein understand mathematics?
Hint:
a.. "Do not worry about your difficulties in Mathematics. I can assure you
mine are still greater." - A.E.
a.. "God does not care about our mathematical difficulties. He integrates
empirically." - A.E.

Q7 Was Einstein educated?
Hint:
"Education is what remains after one has forgotten everything he learned in
school." - A.E.
a.. "The only thing that interferes with my learning is my education." - A.
E.

Q8) Did Einstein understand the real world?
Hint:
"Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one." -A.E.
a.. "The whole of science is nothing more than a refinement of everyday
thinking." -A.E.
a.. "As far as the laws of mathematics refer to reality, they are not
certain, as far as they are certain, they do not refer to reality."

Q9) Was Einstein stooopid?
a.. "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not
sure about the the universe." - A. E.

Q10) (For mathematicians only)
"In the first place it is clear that the equations must be linear on account
of the properties of homogeneity which we attribute to space and time."

Is tau = (t-vx/c^2)/sqrt(1-v^2/c^2) LINEAR?

Hint:

Why did Einstein say
the speed of light from A to B is c-v,
the speed of light from B to A is c+v,
the "time" each way is the same?

Credit where credit is due, it was hanson that boiled it down to three lines
so succinctly.

"Everything should be as simple as possible, but not simpler." - A.E.

Androcles.

Old May 27th 08, 09:34 PM posted to sci.physics.relativity,sci.physics,fr.sci.physique,sci.astro
Pentcho Valev

On May 27, 10:24*pm, "Androcles" wrote:
Why did Einstein say
the speed of light from A to B is c-v,
the speed of light from B to A is c+v,
the "time" each way is the same?

Where did Einstein say that? Could you give the original text?

Pentcho Valev

Old May 27th 08, 09:37 PM posted to sci.physics.relativity,sci.physics,fr.sci.physique,sci.astro
[email protected]

On May 27, 12:24*pm, "Androcles" wrote:
"hanson" wrote in message

> [...]

Why did Einstein say
the speed of light from A to B is c-v,
the speed of light from B to A is c+v,
the "time" each way is the same?

Credit where credit is due, it was hanson that boiled it down to three lines
so succinctly.

"Everything should be as simple as possible, but not simpler." - A.E.

Androcles.

| Why are these self-aggrandizing EDs not capable of
| facing the fact that Einstein **HAD** to say that
| because... ... ... ... *Now, here is the chance for you EDs
| to finish that sentence and show that you really do
| UNDERSTAND REL, for if not then you EDs are nothing
| more than Sunday school children, infantile BELIEVERS,
| who are reciting and interpreting their bible.... worshipping
| and following all the **** that it contains and represents...
| ahahaha... AHAHAHA.. ahahaha.... ahahanson

The station does not weight accelerate to motion toward the train.
Only the train experiences weight and therefore motion toward the
station.

Mitch Raemsch
Old May 27th 08, 10:32 PM posted to sci.physics.relativity,sci.physics,fr.sci.physique,sci.astro
hanson

ahahahaha...Let me repost what you snipped, Pentcho
and perhaps the lights will turn on for you... ahahaha...
But really, I don't wanna hear for you. I wanna hear from
all the EDs who constantly attack you, Pentcho... and now
you have offered nothing better then what your detractors
are parroting: "Where did he says that"/"He didn't say that!
ahahaha... AHAHAHA.. ahahaha... Thanks for the laugh
though Pentcho, and now, here read the post again and
then read the link below. It's all right there to answer "WHY"
Albert had to say that...
ahahaha... ahahahanson