Starlord

Old December 10th 06, 08:52 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Lil' Conner Peterson

Default Starlord

Is this anywhere near you?

http://www.thedesertsun.com/apps/pbc...WS01/612090325

Old December 10th 06, 10:09 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Starlord

Thankfully NO! Rosamond is 15 miles south of Mojave Spaceport that's in the
town of Mojave, and is just west of the westen edge of Edwards AFB. There is
a cross up on a hill top, but it is not lighted, for reasons of flights in
and out of Edwards AFB. This trailer park I live in, the owner has wanted
for years to make it bigger, but because of the rules Edwards has put down,
there's no way he can do it. Palm Springs is over 100 miles to the east by
south east of rosamond . Where I live I can see the Spaceship 1 flights from
Mojave (or the coming super sized spaceship flights) that's north, and from
DUE West I can watch the rocket launchs from VBAFB and if I hear about the
test, I can see the rocket engine tests from the rocket engine test stands
on the hilltops of Edwards AFB.

Oh ya, BTW. if anyone ever wants to see the Roton Test Rocket, it is now on
display full time on Mojave Spaceport near or by the Admit buildings.

--
There are those who believe that life here, began out there, far across the
universe, with tribes of humans, who may have been the forefathers of the

Telescope Buyers FAQ
http://home.inreach.com/starlord
Sidewalk Astronomy
www.sidewalkastronomy.info
The Church of Eternity
http://home.inreach.com/starlord/church/Eternity.html

Old December 10th 06, 11:51 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Florian[_3_]

Is this anywhere near you?
http://www.thedesertsun.com/apps/pbc...WS01/612090325

It's near me. About 10 miles away but not in direct view of where i live. I don't care for it. The cross in years passed has always annoyed me. I've not seen it at night since the lighting change.

..Florian
Palm Springs, Calif.

Starlord speaks!!! Martin R. Howell Amateur Astronomy 13 July 12th 06 09:25 PM
Hi starlord Mark F. Amateur Astronomy 1 September 23rd 05 03:40 PM
Hi Starlord Mark F. Amateur Astronomy 3 October 26th 04 03:49 PM
Hey Starlord Mark F. Amateur Astronomy 15 January 10th 04 05:44 PM
Let's help Starlord name his truck Starstuffed Amateur Astronomy 24 October 1st 03 11:02 AM