Booster Crossing

Old September 4th 03, 06:02 AM
Jon Berndt

Default Booster Crossing

"Stephen Stocker" wrote in message

I was extracting the E204 video to .png images this morning because I
was fairly sure I was seeing the ID band on the left SRB after the
explosion, and wanted to be sure. I also wanted a better look at the
flare from the right SRB (according to the official version). For me,
that's been a really informative video. But I can't find anything in
it to cast doubt on the Rogers findings as I understand them so far. A

That's a good approach. If you can single step them, go forwards and
backwards - sometimes you can get a much better feel for what's going on by
doing that. Also, you can get still images from he

http://images.jsc.nasa.gov/iams/html/pao/STS51L.htm

As for the ID band, yes, you can see it particularly on E204 as it tumbles
just after disintegration.

It doesn't help when others (Jon Berndt) claim to have read his

testimony to Rogers that
is *sealed*. BS. Why is it sealed anyway? Ever wonder that? Did you

even go look to see
what section of the report he testified under? Why don't you try a

little Moe?

I read what JTM posted here last year. Paul missed that, of course. And of
course he is calling me a liar. In fact, he was untrue and disingenuous in
the above statement. He could have been unaware that his father posted some
of his testimony last year. This is one reason that I normally ignore Paul
completely: I am interested in a two-way technical discussion.

They friggen walked him off the base for being a whistle blower while

they
were sending him back and forth from CA to Florida climbing high

dangerous ladders
and other crap in an intimidating fashion. Why don't you tell me why

they made
him go across the country climbing ladders? When it stinks it stinks

period!
What if your employer did that to you?

Steve: Just keep in mind who this is coming from, and past posting history,
treatment of others who disagree with his father, etc.

One might observe that John Maxson is intelligent in many ways. This is true
of a number of conspiracy theorists, though, Flat Earth Society adherents,
etc. Intelligence is not an indicator of the veracity of ones hypotheses.
Mr. Maxson has avoided stating his educational background and/or research or
work experience in flight dynamics, yet, also. This is a *very* important
qualification given his SRB crossing hypothesis.

The questions you ask are legitimate, which is another reason I wish I
had the book! I'm the classic example of a little knowledge being a
dangerous thing, lol.

This is exactly right. One of the reasons Roger and I have presented our web
rebuttals is because John Maxson's book has many statements in it which are
simply not true, and these items would not be perceived by a lay person.
That's how urban legends get started. It would help if his book could be
peer reviewed, wouldn't it? Well, to a certain extent, that's exactly what
happened here.

How the hell would that make *you* feel? Then you are mentioned on a

cook newsgroup
and *before* even making a single post in self defense you are called a

"crackpot."
Why don't you think about THAT for awhile Moe!

Steve: Mr. Maxson's theory (and as an extension, his book) was criticized
here prior to some of us reading it. **However**, NOT before this was read:
www.mission51l.com.

Now some Lockheed employee has published full .pdf and web pages against

him and you
want him to post his theory story to a crowd like that? Give me a break.

Again, here is Paul trying to gain sympathy by dragging in the name of his
poor, victimized father's former employer instead of debating the facts and
facing them head on. I have stated repeatedly that I am solely responsible
for the content of my writing. Also, the writing I have done is not "against
him" (as you have noticed), it is a rebuttal to his hypothesis. Perhaps you
can begin to see why many of us presenting arguments against John's have
grown very tired of this. Yes, of course we want him to post his "theory",
we've been asking for it from day one.

And, let me make one thing clear, Steve: I post and read at home. One time I
made a post from work while I was eating lunch on my lunch hour. John Maxson
initially raised a bit of a ruckus about that. I immediately went to my
management about that and let them know about it, to avoid any surprises.
Nothing ever came of it - and nothing should have. I have many times stated
that Lockheed has not approached me in any regard involving anything to do
with 51-L, or discussions on this newsgroup. My opinions are solely my own.
You will likely see Paul raising this as an issue, no doubt to attempt to
silence me, but there you have it.

Paul, those web sites (including your dad's) got me more interested in
the subject. I took the .pdf as an attack on a theory, rather than
against a person. I don't think they harm anyone, and they can't
damage the pursuit of truth. Or so I believe!

Exactly.

Understanding, common decency and respect always go a long way. I
think that's part of the reason I jumped in here. I think Moe's
genuinely interested, but it may not sound that way in a group which
contains a certain element whose favorite hobby is attacking your
family.

We'd rather discuss other things. However, what if you had heard only John
Maxson's side of the story? And what if you told a friend? And so on?

Jon

Old September 4th 03, 06:05 AM
Stephen Stocker

On 2003-09-03, Paul Maxson wrote:
This seems like a good place to jump in.

Steve,

Just to clarify. The reason I said donate is I know your background and the causes you fight for.
Someone forwarded me your website I didn't go digging it up ok?

Oh, no problem, I'm not exactly anonymous, anyway.

More importantly though is to the best of my knowledge 2 "loaners" have been sent out and neither
"loan" went well. One was returned after a very lengthy delay and it had been unbound. The other
kept getting rejected in the mail or whatever the cause was, it too was a huge delay return.

I understand, and I'd really rather own a copy, anyway. I'm a *nut*
about books, I almost will not loan them to *anybody*.

I am not saying this would be an issue with you but my copy is signed
to me by my father
and is priceless to me. It is never leaving my house. Hope you understand.

You bet, I'd feel the same way!

Steve

Old September 4th 03, 06:19 AM
Jon Berndt

On 2003-09-03, Paul Maxson wrote:

E-204 is good, E-202 is better.

No, this would be wrong. To get the best picture of what is happening with
the SRBs as they *leave* the conflagration, E204 has the better angle
*around* the propellant cloud. The SRBs are out of sight for a *very* short
time. There are some very good questions you can ask given E-204 - but it is
not necessary because the black ID band is visible on the clean, left SRB.

Jon

Old September 4th 03, 06:44 AM
Paul Maxson

"Jon Berndt" wrote in message ...

snip

And, let me make one thing clear, Steve: I post and read at home. One time I
made a post from work while I was eating lunch on my lunch hour. John Maxson
initially raised a bit of a ruckus about that. I immediately went to my
management about that and let them know about it, to avoid any surprises.
Nothing ever came of it - and nothing should have. I have many times stated
that Lockheed has not approached me in any regard involving anything to do
with 51-L, or discussions on this newsgroup. My opinions are solely my own.
You will likely see Paul raising this as an issue, no doubt to attempt to
silence me, but there you have it.

Jon,

If I posted to a newsgroup *one time* just once from where I work regardless of topic
(let alone a conflict of interest) I would be GONE! History that day!

If belittling me (as you have for 3 years) makes you feel better then go for it.
It doesn't change the facts though, or make me feel any less inferior to you.
Your 10 page theory will be put to bed soon Jon and you know it.
The Jon Report. Citing Usenet posts as references in foot notes. It's a laugh to me.

"We all are Oberg." "We all are Maxson's." Using that anaology who are you citing in Usenet
in your 10 page Jon Report? I think it's a weakness in your report, and that is my fair review of it.
That and not giving camera numbers and times like my dad does.

Of course I am baised towards my dad and not the person who has attacked me for 3 years.

If I wasn't attacked here in my absense I wouldn't even have to be here , but guilt by assosiation
seems to be the norm here. Is LockHeed hiring? Heck they sound like the place to be!
This redundant crap is moldy, I thought you and Daniel were going to debate the crossing?

Goodnight.

PM

Jon

Old September 4th 03, 09:42 PM
OM

On Thu, 04 Sep 2003 03:52:04 GMT, "Roger Balettie"
wrote:

Your father has yet to convince me that he's been correct about any of the
matters on which he "blows"... his whistle.

"...Well, you don't actually *blow* on it."

- C. Chase

OM

- General George S. Patton, Jr
Old September 4th 03, 09:54 PM
OM

On Wed, 03 Sep 2003 09:06:35 -0400, Moe Blues
wrote:

Look, all I've ever asked of JTM is that he take a few moments to
explain his theory and provide at least some minimal evidence.
Evidently, he considers being asked for explanations to be "abusive."
For the life of me, I don't know why that is. But I do know that it
makes it essentially impossible figure out his reasoning.

....I do. He's psychotic. Just like his ******* kids.

OM

- General George S. Patton, Jr
Old September 4th 03, 09:55 PM
OM

"Paul Maxson" wrote in message
We all have our videos...

....Please keep your incest and bestiality clips off this group, Paul.

OM

- General George S. Patton, Jr
Old September 5th 03, 03:52 AM
Paul Maxson

"Jon Berndt" wrote in message om...
"Paul Maxson" wrote in message

Jon,

If I posted to a newsgroup *one time* just once from where I work regardless of topic
(let alone a conflict of interest) I would be GONE! History that day!

Let's see ... you're a security guard? Do you even have access to the
Internet? Of course you'd be in trouble. Does your job involve the
space shuttle? Space *anything*?

OTOH, this is sci.space.shuttle. S H U T T L E. My job involves the
shuttle. Before this group was afflicted with 51-L conspiracy claims,
it was a great *resource* for shuttle engineers, a gathering place for
the community of shuttle engineers and those interested in the
shuttle.

That is not my job title sir,

Ongoing harassment after clarification duly noted. I have access to things you do not
have the need to know about. I protect people like you whether I like you or not.

"Do you even have access to the
Internet? Of course you'd be in trouble. Does your job involve the
space shuttle? Space *anything*?"

Why don't I have my boss run your questions about what I do past your boss Jon?
He would be the one to address your classified questions.
Have a number he can call?

Paul Maxson

Old September 5th 03, 03:59 AM
Paul Maxson

"Jon Berndt" wrote in message om...
"Paul Maxson" wrote in message

Jon,

If I posted to a newsgroup *one time* just once from where I work regardless of topic
(let alone a conflict of interest) I would be GONE! History that day!

Let's see ... you're a security guard? Do you even have access to the
Internet? Of course you'd be in trouble. Does your job involve the
space shuttle? Space *anything*?

OTOH, this is sci.space.shuttle. S H U T T L E. My job involves the
shuttle. Before this group was afflicted with 51-L conspiracy claims,
it was a great *resource* for shuttle engineers, a gathering place for
the community of shuttle engineers and those interested in the
shuttle.

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&i...=jON+s.+bERNDT

Is your "Manager's" number anywhere in there Jon? Frankly I have had enough of you.
Time to start going proactive, this kindness / let's be civil act isn't working with you.
You , Harasser/Abuser/Defamer/Liar and two faced man working with borrowed material.

Old September 5th 03, 04:16 AM
Scott M. Kozel

"Paul Maxson" wrote:

"Jon Berndt" wrote
[...]

John Maxson's daily conspiracy drivel postings and refusal to support
his opinions are pathetic enough, but what is really pathetic is how
members of his family post mindless support and enabling of that
behavior, blindly supporting John Maxson's drivel just because he is a
family member.