Booster Crossing

Old September 14th 03, 01:48 PM
John Maxson

Default Booster Crossing

Kent Betts wrote in message
om...
"John Maxson" wrote
in message ...

The cornerstone of my arguments has always been that...
it may well *not* be so that "flame later comes from the
rocket," prior to the explosion. Nevertheless, one must
certainly explain the black smoke at lift-off, relative to those
flames (from wherever they came) at about t+59 seconds.

It is not necessary to explain the black smoke relative to
those flames since anyone with a good magnifier can see
that the flames were inserted into the picture later...by means
of computer generation.

Not here http://history.nasa.gov/rogersrep/v3n35b.htm ,
or here http://history.nasa.gov/rogersrep/v3n42.htm
(no perfect transition ellipses higher up on the stack);
but here http://history.nasa.gov/rogersrep/v3n41.htm ,
and here http://history.nasa.gov/rogersrep/v3n43.htm .

It's the flames before and after the transition ellipses
(which were inserted between about t+59 and t+63
seconds) which need to be related to the black smoke
at lift-off. Even you should be able to accept that.

--
John Thomas Maxson, Retired Engineer (Aerospace)
Author, The Betrayal of Mission 51-L (www.mission51l.com)

Old September 14th 03, 08:08 PM
Terrence Daniels

"Kent Betts" wrote in message
om...
It is not necessary to explain the black smoke relative to those
flames since anyone with a good magnifier can see that the flames were
inserted into the picture later...by means of computer generation.

*sigh*

Plonk

Old September 14th 03, 10:39 PM
Jon Berndt

Terrence: FWIW, Kent was being sarcastic.

Jon

"Terrence Daniels"

Old September 14th 03, 11:26 PM
Terrence Daniels

Terrence: FWIW, Kent was being sarcastic.

In that case, I'll un-plonk him. This post (and another one earlier) led me
to believe that he was just JTM posting under another name... I guess I
wasn't reading close enough.

Old September 15th 03, 12:43 AM
Charleston

"Terrence Daniels" wrote:
Terrence: FWIW, Kent was being sarcastic.

In that case, I'll un-plonk him. This post (and another one earlier) led

me
to believe that he was just JTM posting under another name... I guess I
wasn't reading close enough.

We all make mistakes here Terrence. Please don't make the mistake of
prejudging any poster here. Give us all a chance over time.

--

Daniel
Mount Charleston, not Charleston, SC