Why do we care about the crossing?

Old August 12th 03, 04:16 PM
BenignVanilla

Default Why do we care about the crossing?

I have been following the threads about the SRB's and I can't seem to find
the answer to this question...Why do we care? What does it matter if they
crossed or did not cross after loss of the vehicle?

--
BenignVanilla
Pond Site: www.darofamily.com/jeff/links/mypond

Old August 12th 03, 04:41 PM
Nicholas Fitzpatrick

In article ,
BenignVanilla wrote:
I have been following the threads about the SRB's and I can't seem to find
the answer to this question...Why do we care? What does it matter if they
crossed or did not cross after loss of the vehicle?

Well, if I understood correctly, the theory is, that if they crossed,
then the evidence about the O-ring failure must have been compromised.
Those that believe in the crossing also seem to believe that the O-ring
failure wasn't the primary cause of the accident, and in also that the
accident wasn't in fact an accident. In reality it was a conspiracy
by the Reagan administration to destroy a shuttle, so as to increase
funding for the Star Wars program.

At least that is what I understood from the argument.

Personally, I'd file that theory in the same drawer as the theory that
the events of 2001 09 11 were deliberate acts of the Bush administration
in order to create a police state.

Nick
Old August 12th 03, 04:42 PM
John Maxson

BenignVanilla wrote
in message ...

I have been following the threads about the SRB's and I
can't seem to find the answer to this question...Why do we
care? What does it matter if they crossed or did not cross
after loss of the vehicle?

Apparently you don't, but that is mainly an issue to the extent
of whether the salvage forces initially proceeded to the proper
coordinates for the right booster. Anyone with eyesight can
easily see that the boosters did cross after their fireball exit.

The real issue is the importance of a crossing *within* the
fireball, one which destroyed Challenger *as it happened*.

--
John Thomas Maxson, Retired Engineer (Aerospace)
Author, The Betrayal of Mission 51-L (www.mission51l.com)

Old August 13th 03, 07:41 AM
Charleston

"colors" wrote in message

That is a question that gets lost in the hunt for ID bands. It does not
matter....they didn't cross of course but it wouldn't matter anyway.

You are kidding right?

--

Daniel
Mount Charleston, not Charleston, SC

Old August 13th 03, 06:03 PM
dave schneider

"colors" wrote in with:
[...] as a pretense for putting NASA under Pentagon control.

Which, as we can see, it was successful at....

/dps
Old August 13th 03, 09:46 PM
Bruce Palmer

colors spewed out:
pretense for putting NASA under Pentagon control. Whacked,.n'es pas?

Minor nit: that should be "n'est ce pas" (for "is it not"). While I do
occasionally rant on spelling and grammar I usually don't do it for non-English
words. I only post this since I saw a "wa la" yesterday (instead of "voila")
and it made me cringe.

Carry on, your appraisal of the booster crossing debacle is correct.

--
bp
Proud Member of the Human O-Ring Society Since 2003

Old August 14th 03, 08:51 AM
Kent Betts

[...] as a pretense for putting NASA under Pentagon control.

"dave schneider"
Which, as we can see, it was successful at....

Yes, in some alternate universe.

Old August 15th 03, 08:55 PM
BenignVanilla

"Charleston" wrote in message
news4l_a.78138$zy.59396@fed1read06...
"colors" wrote in message

That is a question that gets lost in the hunt for ID bands. It does not
matter....they didn't cross of course but it wouldn't matter anyway.

You are kidding right?

I don't know if he is kidding but as the OP on this thread, I'd ask again
why does it matter? At the time they crossed, assuming they did, the
disaster had already occurred, right? What do post-disaster flight patterns
of the SRB's have to do with anything? I am not being confrontational, I am
honestly trying to understand.

BV.

Old August 16th 03, 02:32 AM
Charleston

"colors" wrote in message

That is a question that gets lost in the hunt for ID bands. It does

not
matter....they didn't cross of course but it wouldn't matter anyway.

You are kidding right?

I don't know if he is kidding but as the OP on this thread, I'd ask again
why does it matter? At the time they crossed, assuming they did, the
disaster had already occurred, right? What do post-disaster flight

patterns
of the SRB's have to do with anything? I am not being confrontational, I

am
honestly trying to understand.

Everything. I will explain later in detail I promise..

Old August 16th 03, 09:52 AM
Stephen Stocker

In article , Kent Betts wrote:
"BenignVanilla
I am not being confrontational, I am
honestly trying to understand.

Here is the real deal. I posted it earlier. Maybe you missed it. By the way,
crossing or not crossing does not matter. All the arguments you see here are
over nothing. The newsgroup has been co-opted due to mental defect.

Then why do you continue to argue?

"IIRC the reason that it was supposed to matter was that it would prove that the
Left SRB had been exposed to a hydrogen leak and super-chilled as part of a
conspiracy on the part of the Reagan Administration to wreck the shuttle as a
pretense for putting NASA under Pentagon control. Whacked,.n'es pas?"

You're worried, perhaps, that he can't think for himself?

Steve