Towers on mars surface?

Old May 21st 04, 10:52 PM
Marco A. Cruz Q.

Default Towers on mars surface?

Cool picture!. I found making full [shift] zoom on the horizon,
something like "towers": a small vertical line with a thick dot on the
top of it. What is it?

Check:

http://www.panoramas.dk/fullscreen3/f2_mars.html
Old May 22nd 04, 12:39 AM
jacob navia

"Marco A. Cruz Q." a écrit dans le message de
om...
Cool picture!. I found making full [shift] zoom on the horizon,
something like "towers": a small vertical line with a thick dot on the
top of it. What is it?

Check:

http://www.panoramas.dk/fullscreen3/f2_mars.html

There is nothing human in Mars. Nor faces nor towers nor
airports nor washing machines.

Methane points to something breathing though, but
there is nothing human. Maybe something alive
(sulfur loving cold adapted bacteria maybe) but nothing
symbolic or even remotely human.

I find it much more interesting like that. How boring would
be if there were faces, towers, the same old story.

No. There is nothing human. I saw that "tower" too,
but it is likely a vertical rock. We will see in a few days as
the rover nears the hills.

Old May 22nd 04, 03:27 AM
OhBrother

On Sat, 22 May 2004 01:39:52 +0200, jacob navia wrote:

No. There is nothing human. I saw that "tower" too,
but it is likely a vertical rock. We will see in a few days as
the rover nears the hills.

Perhaps its an advanced sub-space radio beacon antenna from some alien civilization that is preferring to be unseen
rather than assert itself and squash the earthlings like the
conquistadores did the incas. If only we had some blurred video's and
then we'd really know the TRUTH! :^)

Then again it could be a rock.

O'

Old May 22nd 04, 08:58 AM
Mike Dworetsky

"Marco A. Cruz Q." wrote in message
om...
Cool picture!. I found making full [shift] zoom on the horizon,
something like "towers": a small vertical line with a thick dot on the
top of it. What is it?

Check:

http://www.panoramas.dk/fullscreen3/f2_mars.html

There seem to be several similar features, and they look to me like an image
compression artifact or an uncorrected cosmic ray hit on the CCD. A "hit"
on the sky would be easy to correct; a hit among the rocks would be
difficult to detect.

--
Mike Dworetsky

(Remove "pants" spamblock to send e-mail)