When Worlds Collide....Science and Art To Become Unified!

Old January 18th 04, 05:20 PM
jonathan

Default When Worlds Collide....Science and Art To Become Unified!

We all recognize the powerful and rapid force of technology
and the impact it has on our world. What if art and beauty
were given that same pervasiveness and rate of change?

If art and science were to simply merge both would be
diminished, but there is a different approach that
will succeed.

The two seemingly incongruous camps of science
and art can instead move to a third middle ground.
Where both could retain their innate qualities yet
combine forces.

Where could we find this missing link?
What world has the qualities of science, technology and
art? What realm produces optimum efficiency and
creativity, while also producing beauty and wonder?

The only place where both camps could move, to combine
forces without abandoning their core, is
.....Nature.

The crucial discovery needed to allow the two
camps to join without compromise is in
the ability to model Nature...abstractly.

It is the abstract nature of any model that allows its
application elsewhere.

The hurdle has already been cleared. An abstract
mathematics of evolution is an established
science now. A math that is, for the first time, consistent
with both itself and Natural/Living systems.

It is now possible for Beauty and Wonder to overwhelm
and pervade the world with the same pace and
force of.technology.

Our future, and that of our entire world, is destined to
Swim in Beauty.

You couldn't stop this inevitable future if you tried, we
have passed the point of no return. However, we can
speed its arrival, we can be among the first to embrace this
future, lifting ourselves up while helping to usher in
Utopia.

Why wait for the inevitable?
This Future is within our grasp!

Jonathan

"PERCEPTION of an
Object costs
Precise the Object's loss.
Perception in itself a gain
Replying to its price;
The Object Absolute is nought,
Perception sets it fair,
And then upbraids a Perfectness
That situates so far."

By Emily Dickinson

An Introduction to Complex Systems
Torsten Reil, Department of Zoology, University of Oxford
http://users.ox.ac.uk/~quee0818/comp...omplexity.html

Self-Organizing Systems (SOS) FAQ
http://www.calresco.org/sos/sosfaq.htm

Paul J. Steinhardt
Department of Physics
Princeton University
http://feynman.princeton.edu/~steinh/

The Complexity & Artificial Life Research Concept
for Self-Organizing Systems
http://www.calresco.org/

INVESTIGATIONS
THE NATURE OF AUTONOMOUS AGENTS
AND THE WORLDS THEY MUTUALLY CREATE
STUART A. KAUFFMAN
http://www.santafe.edu/sfi/People/ka...tigations.html

Old January 19th 04, 12:36 AM
Al Klein

On Sun, 18 Jan 2004 12:20:58 -0500, "jonathan"
posted in alt.atheism:

We all recognize the powerful and rapid force of technology
and the impact it has on our world. What if art and beauty
were given that same pervasiveness and rate of change?

What a waste of bandwidth.

plonk
--
"To assert that the earth revolves around the sun is as erroneous as to claim that Jesus
was not born of a virgin."
Old January 19th 04, 12:46 AM
Josef Balluch

In a message sent 'round the world, jonathan poured fuel on the fire
with the following:

Where could we find this missing link?

Ummmmmm ..........., perhaps in the lyrics of Crystal Blue Persuasion?

Regards,

Josef

Ignorance is the mother of devotion.

-- Robert Burton