Sighting of old Gulf Oil LM paper models

Old November 24th 03, 02:52 PM
William C. Keel

Default Sighting of old Gulf Oil LM paper models

This will be of interest to a few out there, based on an old post pointing
to a low-resolution scan. While squiring a group of Cub Scouts around
at the US Space and Rocket Center, I saw that the gift shop has acquired
a stash of the old Gulf Oil paper LM kits. Not completely sure whether
they're original or reprinted (on that stock, a little yellowing would
be hard to see). US $5 each, proceeds benefiting SpaceCamp.

Took the opportunity to do some night photos in the rocket park. Decided
that I couldn't take the irony of a Saturn V stack with Mars visible in
the background, skipped that one. Warped young minds with space-age
bedtime stories - of course the ones they were repeating the next
day started with Yuri Gagarin and the van wheel, so I thought better
of another when they were at the Apollo 16 CM. "Say, kids, did you
known that on this mission, John Young risked trouble with the air
purifier when, er, never mind". But the boys' high point of the trip
was clearly the on-stage demo of some housekeeping functions in
an ISS module. As when the lady in blue jumpsuit opened the Waste
Management unit and exhibited what she liked to call "Mr. Thirsty".

Okay, that should be enough fodder to get this bunch waaaay off topic for
a while...

Bill Keel
Old November 24th 03, 06:46 PM
Rusty B

"William C. Keel" wrote in message ...
This will be of interest to a few out there, based on an old post pointing
to a low-resolution scan. While squiring a group of Cub Scouts around
at the US Space and Rocket Center, I saw that the gift shop has acquired
a stash of the old Gulf Oil paper LM kits. Not completely sure whether
they're original or reprinted (on that stock, a little yellowing would
be hard to see). US $5 each, proceeds benefiting SpaceCamp.

Medium and Hi-res scans of the Gulf Oil LM paper template are available
at this URL in JPG format:

http://www.ninfinger.org/~sven/model...ics/index.html

--
Rusty Barton - Antelope, California