[OT] Navy releases photos of U.S.S. San Francisco

Old January 28th 05, 12:24 AM
Herb Schaltegger

Default [OT] Navy releases photos of U.S.S. San Francisco

Holy crap!

http://www.navy.mil/view_gallery.asp?category_id=17

--
Herb Schaltegger, B.S., J.D., GPG Key ID: BBF6FC1C
"Pray: To ask that the laws of the universe be annulled in behalf of a single
Old January 28th 05, 02:34 AM
Derek Lyons

Herb Schaltegger wrote:

Holy crap!

http://www.navy.mil/view_gallery.asp?category_id=17

They are *damn* lucky they came home. *Dammed* lucky.

D.
--
Touch-twice life. Eat. Drink. Laugh.

Oct 5th, 2004 JDL
Old January 28th 05, 03:42 AM
Alan Erskine

"Derek Lyons" wrote in message
Herb Schaltegger wrote:

Holy crap!

http://www.navy.mil/view_gallery.asp?category_id=17

They are *damn* lucky they came home. *Dammed* lucky.

I agree with Derek.

--
Alan Erskine
We can get people to the Moon in five years,

Old January 28th 05, 03:44 AM
Pat Flannery

Derek Lyons wrote:

They are *damn* lucky they came home. *Dammed* lucky.

It looks like it even bulged the pressure hull aft of the impact point
(under the walkway).
I'm having a hard time understanding why the damage appears to be on the
port side- I would have expected either the whole bow or the underside
of the bow....unless she was keeling over in a very tight turn when she
hit whatever she hit; and that doesn't make any sense either because a
turn that would keel her over that direction would be toward the object
she collided with, instead of away from it. Am I correct in assuming
that the sail would point toward the inside of the turn?

Pat
Old January 28th 05, 03:49 AM
Pat Flannery

Pat Flannery wrote:

It looks like it even bulged the pressure hull aft of the impact point
(under the walkway).

Or is that an illusion created by the walkway narrowing?

Pat

Old January 28th 05, 05:41 AM
Andre Lieven

) writes:
Maybe they ran into a Russian boat that was performing a "Crazy Ivan"
and the running aground is a cover story?

I'll let Bob say it for me:
------
....I already know. God/Yahweh/TrueAllah/Buddah/Roddenberry/Asimov and
I are on a first-name basis. In fact, I called him this evening, and
he asked me to pass on a message to you. He wants you to do the
following:

1) Shut the **** up. You do *not* speak for him in any one of his many
forms. Not even when he dresses up at Cthulu to scare the **** out of
college frat punks holding bogus sacrificial rites as part of their
drunken frosh initiation hazings.

2) Seek professional psychiatric help. Now. Not next week, but
immediately after you read this. You're obviously deranged, and some
event in your past - probably child molestation, but it could just be
something as simple as eating too many boxes of Super Sugar Crisp or
Honey Comb for breakfast in one sitting - has caused you to go whacko.

3) Don't post here again, because not only do *we* not want to read
your bull****, God/Yahweh/TrueAllah/Buddah/Roddenberry/Asimov also
reads usenet, and if He/They don't want to read your crap, then it's
in your best interests not to post here or anywhere else.

Otherwise, be prepared to become a condom for Satan when you meet your
final end...
------------
Andre
--
" I'm a man... But, I can change... If I have to... I guess. "
The Man Prayer, Red Green.
Old January 28th 05, 05:56 AM
OM

On 28 Jan 2005 04:41:25 GMT, (Andre Lieven)
wrote:

I'll let Bob say it for me:

....I'll be expecting royalty payments for my sermons from now on :-)

OM

--

"No ******* ever won a war by dying for |
http://www.io.com/~o_m

- General George S. Patton, Jr
Old January 28th 05, 01:30 PM
OM

On Fri, 28 Jan 2005 04:24:24 -0600, Pat Flannery
wrote:

The Soviets had a joke about this they had a collision with another sub,
and reported the damage as having been caused by a collision with a
iceberg. According to the joke the Pravda story read: "Soviet submarine
collides with iceberg; no loss of life on either our submarine...or
iceberg." ;-)

....The funny thing is, tho, is that my old Russian prof claimed to
have read a headline to that effect in Pravda around 1982. How that
joke got past TASS is beyond me, tho.

OM

- General George S. Patton, Jr