[GENESIS] Egads...

Old September 9th 04, 04:43 AM
OM

Default [GENESIS] Egads...

....I can see the results of the sample testing now:

"Well, we managed to get some samples back, and the analysis has us a
bit puzzled. Either we were wrong and these samples were contaminated,
or there's gophers on the Sun...."

OM

- General George S. Patton, Jr
Old September 9th 04, 01:33 PM
bob haller

...I can see the results of the sample testing now:

"Well, we managed to get some samples back, and the analysis has us a
bit puzzled. Either we were wrong and these samples were contaminated,
or there's gophers on the Sun...."

OM

Waiting for the news of the probe contaminating the earth starting some new
disease

HAVE A GREAT DAY!
Old September 9th 04, 02:00 PM
Jeff Findley

"bob haller" wrote in message

Waiting for the news of the probe contaminating the earth starting some

new
disease

You consistently exceed my expectations for posting utter nonsense. This
isn't the X-Files, it's the real world.

Jeff

Old September 9th 04, 05:08 PM
Sam Seiber

Jeff Findley wrote:

"bob haller" wrote in message

Waiting for the news of the probe contaminating the earth starting some

new
disease

You consistently exceed my expectations for posting utter nonsense. This
isn't the X-Files, it's the real world.

I really think this guy (Bbo) has some kind of OCD regarding death.
He is getting so bad I think he could use professional help.

Sam
Old September 9th 04, 05:37 PM
dave schneider

OM wrote:
...I can see the results of the sample testing now:

"Well, we managed to get some samples back, and the analysis has us a
bit puzzled. Either we were wrong and these samples were contaminated,
or there's gophers on the Sun...."

OM

Be rather ironic if it uncovered dinosaur fossils.

Early reports said the probe was "spinning out of control"; was this a
true spin, or was it a tumble? Does the answer effect the terminal
velocity?

/dps
Old September 9th 04, 06:51 PM
OM

On 9 Sep 2004 09:37:20 -0700, (dave schneider)
wrote:

OM wrote:
...I can see the results of the sample testing now:

"Well, we managed to get some samples back, and the analysis has us a
bit puzzled. Either we were wrong and these samples were contaminated,
or there's gophers on the Sun...."

Be rather ironic if it uncovered dinosaur fossils.

....Nah, I suspect we'll be seeing a doctored shot showing the hole,
and Bugs Bunny leaning on the rim with that bemused look on his face
that says "boy, did they take a left toin at Albuquerque or what?"

Early reports said the probe was "spinning out of control"; was this a
true spin, or was it a tumble? Does the answer effect the terminal
velocity?

....Go download the .MOV and then advance it frame-by-frame. It's
obvious that the capsule was tumbling end-over-end as well as spinning
at ~15rpm. What I suspect they'll find happened was that the spin may
have induced tumbling, and because the capsule was tumbling the
sensors that fired the mortar based on accelleration never got the
proper readings.

....On a side note, so far we've seen this auguring remind us of three
things:

1) Roswell.

2) The saucer crash in "Men In Black I"

3) The Jupiter 2's *final* crash :-)

OM

--

"No ******* ever won a war by dying for |
http://www.io.com/~o_m

- General George S. Patton, Jr
Old September 9th 04, 06:54 PM
OM

On Thu, 09 Sep 2004 10:08:45 -0600, Sam Seiber
wrote:

I really think this guy (Bbo) has some kind of OCD regarding death.
He is getting so bad I think he could use professional help.

....The problem with Bbo Hallr is that he had a meeting with one of the
group's more notorious net.kooks a couple of years ago. Since then,
the insanity appears to have proven itself to be contageous, because
he's gone steadily downhill in mental stability.

Why everyone hasn't killifled the little nutball and put him out of
our misery is beyond me...

OM

- General George S. Patton, Jr
Old September 9th 04, 07:10 PM
OM

On Thu, 09 Sep 2004 12:30:14 -0500, Herb Schaltegger
wrote:

I've seen the video (downloadable from NASAWatch.com) and it wasn't a
spin - it was most definitely a tumble - I only watched the whole thing
once but it seemed to be rotating about all three axes at variable rates
simultaneously right up until the camera lost it at impact.

....It's spinning on the axis it's supposed to be spinning, but it's
also tumbling end-over-end as well.

OM

- General George S. Patton, Jr
Old September 9th 04, 10:00 PM
Mike Dicenso

On Thu, 9 Sep 2004, Sam Seiber wrote:

Jeff Findley wrote:

"bob haller" wrote in message

Waiting for the news of the probe contaminating the earth starting some

new
disease

You consistently exceed my expectations for posting utter nonsense. This
isn't the X-Files, it's the real world.

I really think this guy (Bbo) has some kind of OCD regarding death.
He is getting so bad I think he could use professional help.

Oh you've just NOW come to the conclusion that Bob needs psychiatric help?
;-)
-Mike