Astronaut joke

Old August 21st 04, 07:19 PM
Jonathan Silverlight

In message , "Greg D. Moore
(Strider)" writes

"Jonathan Silverlight" wrote
in message news
In message , David M. Palmer
writes

When Apollo Mission Astronaut Neil Armstrong first walked on the moon,
he not only gave his famous "One small step for man; one giant leap for
mankind" statement, but followed it by several remarks, including the
usual COM traffic between him, the other astronauts, and Mission
Control. Before he re-entered the lander, he made the enigmatic remark
"Good luck, Mr. Gorsky."

That's a myth, AFAIK.

Did you click on the link he included?

That explains that it is a myth.

To be honest, I just used his post as a peg to hang my own joke on :-)

There are pages of astronaut jokes at
http://workjokes.tripod.com/more_a/astro.html but I can't see anything
but links and graphics that don't work. I suspect they are doing
something clueless like black text on black background.
Old August 21st 04, 08:52 PM
G EddieA95

astronaut jokes at
http://workjokes.tripod.com/more_a/astro.html but I can't see anything
but links and graphics that don't work. I suspect they are doing
something clueless like black text on black background.

That is indeed what is wrong. The text can be seen by left-dragging mouse
across it, but this particular joke isn't worth the trouble.
Old August 22nd 04, 12:45 AM
Pat Flannery

Peter Smith wrote:

Ilpo Lagerstedt wrote...

Hei

That was recently on chat TV here in Finland:

A Swede says: I just visited Houston and met a man
who has walked on the moon.
A Finn said: Thatīs nothing. I have lain in the sun.

Bestest, IL of FI

hehe - although it was probably better in Finnish

My hovercraft is full of eels.

Pat

Old August 22nd 04, 12:51 AM
Pat Flannery

Vello wrote:

Story from time Estonia was occupied by Soviet Union.
Small boy: "Grandpa, russians will go to Moon!!!"
Grandpa: "I hope all of them?"

Lenin's tomb is a communist plot.

Pat

Old August 22nd 04, 07:33 AM
Ilpo Lagerstedt

This is oldie too.

What they said in England after seeing 1960 Wernher von Brown movie "I
aim at the stars" ?

And sometimes hit London.

Bestest, IL of FI
Old August 23rd 04, 03:36 AM
LooseChanj

On or about Sat, 21 Aug 2004 18:45:14 -0500, Pat Flannery made the sensational claim that:
My hovercraft is full of eels.

Would you please fondle my buttocks?
--
This is a siggy | To E-mail, do note | Just because something
It's properly formatted | who you mean to reply-to | is possible, doesn't