Astronaut joke

Old August 20th 04, 08:30 AM
Ilpo Lagerstedt

Default Astronaut joke

Hei

That was recently on chat TV here in Finland:

A Swede says: I just visited Houston and met a man who has walked on the moon.
A Finn said: Thatīs nothing. I have lain in the sun.

Bestest, IL of FI
Old August 20th 04, 11:21 AM
Peter Smith

Ilpo Lagerstedt wrote...
Hei

That was recently on chat TV here in Finland:

A Swede says: I just visited Houston and met a man
who has walked on the moon.
A Finn said: Thatīs nothing. I have lain in the sun.

Bestest, IL of FI

hehe - although it was probably better in Finnish

- Peter

Old August 20th 04, 07:35 PM
Gene DiGennaro

"Peter Smith" wrote in message ...
Ilpo Lagerstedt wrote...
Hei

That was recently on chat TV here in Finland:

A Swede says: I just visited Houston and met a man
who has walked on the moon.
A Finn said: Thatīs nothing. I have lain in the sun.

Bestest, IL of FI

hehe - although it was probably better in Finnish

- Peter

Q: What do astronauts put on their sandwiches?

A: Launch Meat!

As submitted by my 7 year old son.

Gene DiGennaro
Baltimore, Md.
Old August 20th 04, 07:55 PM
Vello

Story from time Estonia was occupied by Soviet Union.
Small boy: "Grandpa, russians will go to Moon!!!"
Grandpa: "I hope all of them?"

Old August 20th 04, 09:46 PM
MattWriter

This one requires someone to feed you the straight line, but it cracks people
up:

Straight man: Are you tan from the sun?
Me: No, I'm Matt from Earth.

Matt Bille
)
OPINIONS IN ALL POSTS ARE SOLELY THOSE OF THE AUTHOR
Old August 21st 04, 12:32 AM
John Whisenhunt

And here's this oldie:

Did you hear about the new restaurant on the Moon?

The view is great, but it has no atmosphere.

Old August 21st 04, 10:22 AM
hop

"Vello" wrote in message ...
Story from time Estonia was occupied by Soviet Union.
Small boy: "Grandpa, russians will go to Moon!!!"
Grandpa: "I hope all of them?"

Brings to mind this one (which has been floating around the net for
ages, original author unknown to me):

When NASA was preparing for the Apollo project, they did some
astronaut training on a Navajo Indian reservation.

One day, a Navajo elder and his son were herding sheep and came across
the space crew. The old man, who spoke only Navajo, asked a question
which his son translated. "What are these guys in the big suits
doing?"

A member of the crew said they were practicing for their trip to the
moon. The old man got all excited and asked if he could send a message
to the moon with the astronauts.

Recognizing a promotional opportunity for the spin-doctors, the NASA
folks found a tape recorder. After the old man recorded his message,
they asked the son to translate it. He refused.

So the NASA reps brought the tape to the reservation where the rest of
the tribe listened and laughed but refused to translate the elder's
message to the moon.

Finally, the NASA crew called in an official government translator. He
reported that the moon message said, "Watch out for these guys; they
have come to steal your land."
Old August 21st 04, 04:38 PM
David M. Palmer

When Apollo Mission Astronaut Neil Armstrong first walked on the moon,
he not only gave his famous "One small step for man; one giant leap for
mankind" statement, but followed it by several remarks, including the
usual COM traffic between him, the other astronauts, and Mission
Control. Before he re-entered the lander, he made the enigmatic remark
"Good luck, Mr. Gorsky."

Many people at NASA thought it was a casual remark concerning some
rival Soviet Cosmonaut. However, upon checking, [they found] there was
no Gorsky in either the Russian or American space programs.

Over the years, many people have questioned him as to what the "Good
luck, Mr. Gorsky" statement meant. On July 5, in Tampa Bay, FL, while
answering questions following a speech, a reporter brought up the 26-
year-old question to Armstrong. He finally responded. It seems that Mr.
Gorsky had died and so Armstrong felt he could answer the question.
When he was a kid, Neil was playing baseball with his brother in the
backyard. His brother hit a fly ball which landed in front of his
neighbors' bedroom window. The neighbors were Mr. and Mrs. Gorksy. As
he leaned down to pick up the ball, he heard Mrs. Gorsky shouting at
Mr. Gorsky, "Oral sex? Oral sex you want? You'll get oral sex when the
kid next door walks on the moon!"

http://www.snopes.com/quotes/mrgorsky.htm

--
David M. Palmer (formerly @clark.net, @ematic.com)
Old August 21st 04, 04:54 PM
Jonathan Silverlight

In message , David M. Palmer
writes

When Apollo Mission Astronaut Neil Armstrong first walked on the moon,
he not only gave his famous "One small step for man; one giant leap for
mankind" statement, but followed it by several remarks, including the
usual COM traffic between him, the other astronauts, and Mission
Control. Before he re-entered the lander, he made the enigmatic remark
"Good luck, Mr. Gorsky."

That's a myth, AFAIK.
But while we're collecting space jokes, what about the engineer in the
V-2 days who told the barman
"I've burned more alcohol in sixty seconds than you've ever sold across
this lousy bar".
--
What have they got to hide? Release the full Beagle 2 report.
Old August 21st 04, 06:48 PM
Greg D. Moore \(Strider\)

"Jonathan Silverlight" wrote
in message news
In message , David M. Palmer
writes

When Apollo Mission Astronaut Neil Armstrong first walked on the moon,
he not only gave his famous "One small step for man; one giant leap for
mankind" statement, but followed it by several remarks, including the
usual COM traffic between him, the other astronauts, and Mission
Control. Before he re-entered the lander, he made the enigmatic remark
"Good luck, Mr. Gorsky."

That's a myth, AFAIK.

Did you click on the link he included?

That explains that it is a myth.