What is the visual difference between a stone and a satellite?

Old February 16th 04, 04:25 PM
bart janssens

Default What is the visual difference between a stone and a satellite?

I have answered those questions already many times!

Cite?

I have answered those many questions already many times!
Go to groups.google.com and do a search on "Mark Peeters",
combined with the question you want...

But, now back to MY question!

"home-made rockets are getting close to orbit"?
Is 2,000 close to 28,000?
I DO NOT THINK SO!

Why do you drop five lines of the question?

"home-made rockets are getting close to orbit"?
Is 2,000 close to 28,000?
I DO NOT THINK SO!

That's because you're a net-KOOK and probably some variety of insane.
Why do you not answer the question?
Is the speed of a home-made rocket more than 2,000KPH?
Is 2,000 close to 28,000?

(Is 28,000KPH not the velocity that is needed for an orbit?)

I will repeat "the" question that you do not dear to answer.
Is the speed of a home-made rocket more than 2,000KPH?

And if the answer is "yes",...why do you claim that...
"home-made rockets are getting close to orbit",
since you need a velocity of 28,000KPH for an orbit?

If Copernicus and Galileo had told Magellan that the world was flat, AFTER
he had circled the globe, he would have rightly called them KOOKs.

If Magellan had claimed that the earth was flat, after he
had circeld the globe, Copernicus and Galileo
rightly would call him a LIAR,INSANE or a KOOK!

If you claim that space-travel is real,
because "2,000 is greater than 28,000"
then I can righly call YOU a liar, insane or a kook...
and that is probably the reason why you wrote...

"That's because you're a net-KOOK and probably some variety of insane."
Old February 16th 04, 05:27 PM
Stephen Fels

"bart janssens" wrote in message
om...
I have answered those questions already many times!

Cite?

I have answered those many questions already many times!
Go to groups.google.com and do a search on "Mark Peeters",
combined with the question you want...

OK, I found a lot of sites that said something like this in several
languages...
"Mark Peeters" (apparently it's an alias, he also posts under the name Bart
Janssens) is one of those idiots who believe that the moonlanding never
happened. Nothing special so far, apparently millions of people think
likewise, so what makes him so special? Well, Mark Peeters believes that
nothing can go faster than the speed of sound.

But I found no answers to how you account for all of the technologies that
would be impossible without satellites.

But, now back to MY question!

"home-made rockets are getting close to orbit"?
Is 2,000 close to 28,000?
I DO NOT THINK SO!

Is a few hundred pounds of solid rocket fuel close to a few million pounds?
I didn't say that home made rockets prove that the shuttle is capable of
orbit. If you scale up the relative payload to thrust and fuel ratios, it
proves my point, not yours.

Why do you drop five lines of the question?

Why do you drop the thrust statistics for the Shuttle? It proves you wong,
that's why.

I will repeat "the" question that you do not dear to answer.
Is the speed of a home-made rocket more than 2,000KPH?

It doesn't matter. You're constructing a straw man. The speed attained so
far by amateur rocketry is not important to the fact that many military and
commercial rockets are launched into space every year by the USA, France,
Japan and others. When I point my satellite reciever at the correct part of
the sky, my cable comes in clearly.

And if the answer is "yes",...why do you claim that...
"home-made rockets are getting close to orbit",
since you need a velocity of 28,000KPH for an orbit?

They're travelling to a height of 60 miles. So, presently they're launching
home-made rockets into space. Orbit is simply a matter of more money and
resources.

If Copernicus and Galileo had told Magellan that the world was flat,

AFTER
he had circled the globe, he would have rightly called them KOOKs.

If Magellan had claimed that the earth was flat, after he
had circeld the globe, Copernicus and Galileo
rightly would call him a LIAR,INSANE or a KOOK!

You're claiming that the entire world is in a conspiracy to /pretend/ that
space travel is possible. That's the very description of a net-kook.

If you claim that space-travel is real,
because "2,000 is greater than 28,000"
then I can righly call YOU a liar, insane or a kook...
and that is probably the reason why you wrote...

I don't claim that space travel is real because "2,000 is greater than
28,000" and you've ignored every proof offered. If you want people to be
simpathetic to your cause, at least be honest in your arguments.

"That's because you're a net-KOOK and probably some variety of insane."

The shoe fits...
--
Stephen
Home Page: stephmon.com

Old February 17th 04, 02:55 AM
William R. Thompson

bart janssens trolled:

This is precisely the same reaction,
that was given to Copernicus and Galileo...
But, as you probably know,
Copernicus and Galileo were right...

This argument was nicely refuted a half-century ago by a pair
of American commentators who were far more erudite, eloquent
and interesting than you. Briefly summarized, their words
went like this:

Abbott: That's the craziest thing I ever heard.

Costello: Go ahead, say I'm crazy! They said Columbus
was crazy! They said Marconi was crazy! They
said Luigi was crazy!

Abbott: Who's "Luigi"?!?!

Costello: He's my uncle. He *is* crazy!

So is bart janssens/MarkPeeters/etc. Nobody needs to prove him
wrong. He needs to prove himself correct. Either that or
take his meds.

--Bill Thompson

Old February 17th 04, 07:34 PM
bart janssens

I will repeat "the" question that you do not dear to answer.
Is the speed of a home-made rocket more than 2,000KPH?

It doesn't matter. You're constructing a straw man. The speed attained so
far by amateur rocketry is not important to the fact that many military and
commercial rockets are launched into space every year by the USA, France,
Japan and others. When I point my satellite reciever at the correct part of
the sky, my cable comes in clearly.

So the answer is NO!
The speed of a home-made rocket is LESS than 2,000KPH !

Do you need a velocity of 28,000KPH for an orbit? (at height of 300km)
The answer is YES!

So, why do you claim that...
"home-made rockets are getting close to orbit"?

Is 2,000 close to 28,000?
I DO NOT THINK SO!
So, why do you claim that...
"home-made rockets are getting close to orbit",

I don't claim that space travel is real because "2,000 is greater than
28,000" ...

But you claimed that...
"home-made rockets are getting close to orbit"....

Do you really think that
2,000 is getting close to 28,000?

Or do you admit that this claim was wrong?

Old February 18th 04, 12:26 AM
Stephen Fels

"bart janssens" wrote in message
om...
I will repeat "the" question that you do not dear to answer.
Is the speed of a home-made rocket more than 2,000KPH?

It doesn't matter. You're constructing a straw man. The speed attained

so
far by amateur rocketry is not important to the fact that many military

and
commercial rockets are launched into space every year by the USA,

France,
Japan and others. When I point my satellite reciever at the correct part

of
the sky, my cable comes in clearly.

So the answer is NO!
The speed of a home-made rocket is LESS than 2,000KPH !

No, they passed 5,000kph back in September of 2000. That's already faster
than the 4,000kph you're claiming is the fastest possible speed for 1kg.
That rocket weighed 500lbs (226kg) including fuel. Scale the fuel and
payloads up to the level of the Shuttle and you've got orbital velocity. You
still haven't responded to my previous statement...

The Shuttle carries 4,400,000 lbs of fuel, to propell 165,000 lbs of
Shuttle. The burning fuel exits that back of the Shuttle at about 6,000 mph
(this can be independantly verified, since it is known that those explosives
expand between 5,000 and 10,000mph). The solid rocket boosters burn for
about 2 minutes and generate about 3,300,000 pounds of thrust each at launch
(they average 2.65 million pounds each during their burn). The three main
engines burn for about eight minutes, producing 375,000 lbs of thrust each,
before Main Engine CutOff (MECO). So, you have 7,725,000 lbs of thrust
accellerating 4,400,000 lbs for 2 minutes and then 1,125,000 lbs of thrust
accellerating roughly 250,000 lbs for 6 more minutes.

That's plenty of power to accellerate at 3g's (the maximum allowed for
shuttle launches, since they carry civilians. Earlier manned launches
experienced harder accelleration forces) for 480 seconds. Accellerating 96
feet per second, every second for 480 seconds, or 96fps + 96fps + 96fps +
.... 480 times. That's escape velocity.

It really is just a matter of having enough money. International Launch
Services is a commercial enterprise that launches satellites using
Russian-built Proton-K rockets and the American Atlas family of launch
vehicles. Another commercial venture Orbital, is using Minotaur (a
combination of Minuteman and Pegasus XL stages) rockets to launch satellites
from a commercial launch center at Vandenburg AFB. Other civilian launches
are provided by Boeing Launch Services (Delta 2, Delta 3, Delta 4, Zenit 3SL
rockets), Arianespace (Ariane 4 and Ariane 5 rockets), Kosmotras (Dnepr, a
converted ICBM rocket) and Eurockot (Rockot another converted ICBM rocket)
among others. So, there are civilian groups who happen to have the money it
takes to successfully launch satellites into orbit. They simply have more
funding available than the amateurs. If you're willing to fork over $10,000
to $30,000 per lb, they will even launch a satellite for you.

I may have mis-spoken when I said the amateurs are /close/ to orbit, but
they have progressed to sub-orbital flights on the verge of space (50
miles) and if their funding improves, so will their advances toward orbit.
The progress of amateurs is really just a footnote however.

Old February 18th 04, 06:53 PM
Stephen Fels

"bart janssens" wrote in message
om...
If Magellan had claimed that the earth was flat, after he
had circeld the globe, Copernicus and Galileo
rightly would call him a LIAR,INSANE or a KOOK!

And yet, you would tell all the thousands of people who flew the Concorde
across the Atlantic (3,461 miles in 3.25 to 3.5 hrs, in the case of
NY/London), that they were never travelling faster than sound. You've even
bet your life and all of your money on it. They would all rightly call you
"a LIAR,INSANE or a KOOK!" They're your own words...

How about the SR-71 Blackbird crews that set New York to London speed
records back in 1974?
New York to London Speed Run:

Time Flown: 1hour, 54min, 56.4sec

Distance Flown: 3,461.528 statute miles

Speed Flown: 1,806.957368 statute mi/hr.

London to Los Angeles Speed Run:

Time Flown: 3hour, 47min, 39sec

Distance Flown: 5,446.87 statute miles

Speed Flown: 1,435.59 statute mi/hr.