A Space & astronomy forum. SpaceBanter.com

Go Back   Home » SpaceBanter.com forum » Others » Misc
Site Map Home Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Web Partners

Do White Dwarf's Have Earth type Planets ?????

Old September 20th 11, 02:12 PM posted to alt.astronomy
G=EMC^2[_2_]
external usenet poster

Default Do White Dwarf's Have Earth type Planets ?????

Lets go with yes. #1 reason they last very long. #2 Stars with the same mass of our Sun are very common(odds of beingWhite Dwarfs)#3 White dwarfs have great force of gravity to capture planet size rocks.Looking at a picture as I'm typing White dwarf eating a Red dwarforbiting each other,and the name given to this type of binary is "cataclysmic" They will cause a Nova(thermonuclear explosion) To make this post run longer I'll add some of my own ideas. Some white dwarfs are now black dwarfs and black dwarfs prove the universe is a lot older than 14 billion years, White dwarfs don't die they just fade away. My pictures show how great the Hubble camera is. I'm looking at NGC 7293 NGC 2392 and IC 4406 When looking at NGC2392 the Eskimo Nebula is a diamond ring in the sky. TreBert
Old September 20th 11, 07:34 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Brad Guth[_3_]
external usenet poster

On Sep 20, 6:12*am, "G=EMC^2" wrote:
Lets go with yes. #1 reason they last very long. #2 Stars with the same mass of our Sun are very common(odds of beingWhite Dwarfs)#3 White dwarfs have great force of gravity to capture planet size rocks.Looking at a picture as I'm typing White dwarf eating a Red dwarforbiting each other,and the name given to this type of binary is "cataclysmic" They will cause a Nova(thermonuclear explosion) To make this post run longer I'll add some of my own ideas. Some white dwarfs are now black dwarfs and black dwarfs prove the universe is a lot older than 14 billion years, White dwarfs don't die they just fade away. My pictures show how great the Hubble camera is. I'm looking at NGC 7293 *NGC 2392 and IC 4406 When looking at NGC2392 the Eskimo Nebula is a diamond ring in the sky. * TreBert

Lets go with not likely.

The termination of main sequence blow-off isn't insignificant,
especially in the helium flashover phase, and the rather considerable
loss of mass by itself makes holding into planets kinda impossible
unless they manage to get slowed way the hell down.

However, later on for a WD capturing a planet shouldn't ruled out.

BTW; black dwarfs can only exist if the universe is hundreds of
billion years old. The 1.4e10 half life of thorium makes part of
those WDs survive nearly forever, and I'm certain there will be
discovered heavier/denser elements with much longer half lives.

What exactly do neutron stars decay into?

http://translate.google.com/#
Brad Guth, Brad_Guth, Brad.Guth, BradGuth, BG / “Guth Usenet”
Old September 20th 11, 08:49 PM posted to alt.astronomy
HVAC[_2_]
external usenet poster

On 9/20/2011 9:12 AM, G=EMC^2 wrote:
Lets go with yes. #1 reason they last very long. #2 Stars with the same mass of our Sun are very common(odds of beingWhite Dwarfs)#3 White dwarfs have great force of gravity to capture planet size rocks.Looking at a picture as I'm typing White dwarf eating a Red dwarforbiting each other,and the name given to this type of binary is "cataclysmic" They will cause a Nova(thermonuclear explosion) To make this post run longer I'll add some of my own ideas. Some white dwarfs are now black dwarfs and black dwarfs prove the universe is a lot older than 14 billion years, White dwarfs don't die they just fade away. My pictures show how great the Hubble camera is. I'm looking at NGC 7293 NGC 2392 and IC 4406 When looking at NGC2392 the Eskimo Nebula is a diamond ring in the sky. TreBert

Bert: Once again you have managed to cram a
****load of misinformation into one post.

Congratulations.

--
"OK you ****s, let's see what you can do now" -Hit Girl
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CjO7kBqTFqo