A very basic question...

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old January 25th 06, 08:57 PM posted to sci.space.science

Default A very basic question...

Hello,

This is my first post here, so forgive me if these questions have been
asked before. (and I'm not a scientist)

Left and right we can read how lots of people speculate that a certain
planet or moon can not have any lifeforms on them because of extreme cold,
heat, or drought.
These assumptions are mostly based on speculations that intelligent
lifeforms or humanoids could not survive such harsh enviroments.

This puzzles me....haven't humans learned to adapt themselves to their
surroundings? Haven't we evolved in such a way that we can deal with the
elements? Haven't other lifeforms on this planet evolved in the same way?

If it were just ordinary humans making these claims I wouldn't think
anything of it, but when scientists start saying stuff like that I feel
anger swell up inside me. Lots of different scientists from lots of
different countries stand behind the same claim.

So what are they basing their claims on?
Why is it they throw humans into the equation whenever a new planet is
discovered?

Even a microscopic, single-celled organism is a lifeform and that is
basically where it all starts. Look at us! We're far from perfect, but
we've come a long way over the years.

Do I believe in life elsewhere? You betcha!
Where do you think we came from?

Life started over after the dinosaurs and we are that life.
It might even be possible that the asteroid that killed the dinosaurs was
carrying a microscopic, single-celled organism deep inside it and when the
dust settled, life began once again.
Maybe it was the asteroid after that, or maybe even the one after that.
If so, that microscopic, single-celled organism had to have come from
somewhere inside the universe. Maybe it even came from a universe outside
our own. Who knows for sure?

But until we get actual proof of that, it's my belief that scientists
around the globe should stop saying that life outside planet Earth is not
possible due to factors that we humble humans could not possibly endure.

Regards,
Marcel