ArseHat awards

Old August 19th 13, 05:41 AM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Lord Androcles, Zeroth Earl of Medway[_13_]

Default ArseHat awards

"oriel36" wrote in message

On Sunday, August 18, 2013 6:51:47 PM UTC+1, Lord Androcles, Zeroth Earl of
Medway wrote:
"oriel36" wrote in message

On Sunday, August 18, 2013 4:11:06 PM UTC+1, Lord Androcles, Zeroth Earl
of

Medway wrote:

I don't mind being called an empiricist. Kelleher is himself an

empiricist but he forms the wrong ideas. His sensory experience

tells him the Moon keeps the same face to the Earth so he

concludes wrongly that the Moon does not rotate.

A silly mathematician trying to bully the forum into accepting the

intellectual anarchy of a spinning moon because another stupid
mathematician

misread Kepler's Somnium in mistaking revolution/orbital motion for

'rotation '.

http://books.google.ie/books?id=OdCJ...ge&q&f=fa lse

Any astronomer who is paid a salary should be arrested for subversion on

that one.

Good to see Parker knows his audience and that a weak minded magnification

bunch who probably detest the idea of going outside to watch a spinning
moon

but will not move to protect astronomy nor make the effort to put

observations in context.

You've won your arsehat award, Kelleher, no need to keep trying for it.

BTW, intellect should be anarchic, only a bullying thug and tyrannical

despot like you would try to impose an oligarchy on it. What's 7 x 9,

Kelleher?

Hint: it's between 61 and 65

-- Lord Androcles, Zeroth Earl of Medway

I have no regard for the followers of Newton
Nobody has any regard for you, chump. What's seven times nine, Kelleher?
Hint: it uses the digits 3 and 6.

-- Lord Androcles, Zeroth Earl of Medway

Old August 19th 13, 03:15 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Davoud[_1_]

Quadibloc:
What about Androcles and the people who keep responding to him?

Kelleher denies the Truth we learned from Newton; Androcles denies the Truth
we learned from Einstein. Both are kooks.

Maybe they should be ignored, but silence is assent.

Dead wrong on the silence/assent thing. I have them both in my
kill-file and that in no way signals assent to their drivel. It amazes
me that these nutters' enablers can't see that they look just as stupid
as Kelleher and "Androcles."

you will say in your entire life.

usenet *at* davidillig dawt cawm
Old August 19th 13, 03:37 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
oriel36[_2_]

On Monday, August 19, 2013 3:15:15 PM UTC+1, Davoud wrote:
Quadibloc:

What about Androcles and the people who keep responding to him?

Kelleher denies the Truth we learned from Newton; Androcles denies the Truth

we learned from Einstein. Both are kooks.

Maybe they should be ignored, but silence is assent.

Dead wrong on the silence/assent thing. I have them both in my

kill-file and that in no way signals assent to their drivel. It amazes

me that these nutters' enablers can't see that they look just as stupid

as Kelleher and "Androcles."

Do any of you think a few unkind words are going to distract from the utter desolation visited on astronomy by a few middle class folk who imagine astronomy is a magnification and an identification exercise at night within a rotating celestial sphere framework.

These miserable times are coming to an end with the advent of people with real talent who can use imaging and witness astronomy in action during the day as well as the night,a true astronomy where telescopes and other human inventions are tools instead of the weapons in the hands of weak minded fools who are having a difficult time getting the next generation interested in their version of astronomy.

Go do something really useful Illig,lie on the ground and experience astronomy like a child instead of that observatory cage you have built for yourself as a testament to your celestial sphere horror.

Enablers indeed !,you really have nothing to say and I put you in that position.

Old August 19th 13, 05:09 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
oriel36[_2_]

Default Non thread

Anyone who imagines that there is such a thing as a healthy community out there is badly mistaken,these magnification guys couldn't care less about astronomy pre-telescope and it shows in the fact that they can't manage to line up one 24 hour day and all the effects in that day with one rotation of the Earth -

"Wait, 23.93 hours? Isn’t a day 24 hours? Astronomers calculate a day in two ways. There’s the amount of time it takes for the Earth to complete one full rotation on its axis, compared to the background stars. Imagine you were looking down at the Earth from above the North Pole. You’d see the Earth turn once completely in 23 hours and 56 minutes. Astronomers call this a sidereal day.
And then there’s the time it takes for the Sun to return to the same spot in the sky. Since the Earth is orbiting the Sun, we actually need an extra 4 minutes each day to return the Sun to the same spot. Astronomers call this a solar day."

http://www.universetoday.com/26623/h...-earth-rotate/

Not a single objection even though the references for the 24 hour AM/PM cycle and the Lat/Long system use the same references as the astronomers used for discerning the orbital changes in the positions of the planets.
Old August 20th 13, 12:30 AM posted to sci.astro.amateur

"oriel36" wrote in message

On Monday, August 19, 2013 3:15:15 PM UTC+1, Davoud wrote:
Quadibloc:

What about Androcles and the people who keep responding to him?

Kelleher denies the Truth we learned from Newton; Androcles denies the
Truth

we learned from Einstein. Both are kooks.

Maybe they should be ignored, but silence is assent.

Dead wrong on the silence/assent thing. I have them both in my

kill-file and that in no way signals assent to their drivel. It amazes

me that these nutters' enablers can't see that they look just as stupid

as Kelleher and "Androcles."

Do any of you think

Of course they don't, bigots never think. A scientist and mathematician
will always look stupid to a bigot, but that's far from being stupid. Pity
you are not a mathematician or scientist, Kelleher, you look stupid
because you are as stupid as Davoud who is proud of his willful ignorance.
He's been on my killfile for a year as you were for 8 years. The creep has
nothing to say about astronomy anyway, he only wants to boast about
his telescope.

-- Lord Androcles, Zeroth Earl of Medway

Old August 20th 13, 05:43 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Bill[_9_]

On Mon, 19 Aug 2013 10:15:15 -0400, Davoud wrote:

Quadibloc:
What about Androcles and the people who keep responding to him?

Kelleher denies the Truth we learned from Newton; Androcles denies the Truth
we learned from Einstein. Both are kooks.

Maybe they should be ignored, but silence is assent.

Dead wrong on the silence/assent thing. I have them both in my
kill-file and that in no way signals assent to their drivel. It amazes
me that these nutters' enablers can't see that they look just as stupid
as Kelleher and "Androcles."

There are certainly instances where silence would be passive assent; but
I have to agree with Davoud, that silence is not to be construed as
assent (in the context of what oriel posts here).

For those that worry that silence is assent - I wouldn't worry. Oriel
is a troll. It's his actions/conduct here, and not his posting about
his favorite topics, that make him a troll. In that context - silence
is not required of anyone, but it is not a bad option either.

My own profession (I'm retired) was far removed from astronomy; so many
of Quad's and palsing's early replies (stupid looking or not) were
instructive and beneficial to a noob - like me.

Bill

--
Email address is a Spam trap.
Old August 21st 13, 02:55 AM posted to sci.astro.amateur

"Bill" wrote in message

[...]

"You are wrong and I trust authority but I'm not conversant in these
matters." --Bigot Cardinal palsing.
"Put up or shut up, palsing." -- Lord Androcles.
"Ok, I'll shut up but you are a kook." Bigot Cardinal palsing.
Bigot Cardinal Bellarmine said Galileo was a kook, but he wasn't conversant
in these matters and refused to look through Galileo's telescope.
Bigot Cardinal Davoud, Bigot Cardinal palsing and Bigot Cardinal
Quadiblockhead refuse to look through mine.

-- Lord Androcles, Zeroth Earl of Medway

Where are my awards? Bork Misc 1 September 10th 07 03:39 AM
Awards and Dammed ;} Starlord Amateur Astronomy 6 November 16th 06 06:47 PM
PROOF AUK AWARDS ARE FOR RETALIATION-was-WINNERS! Usenet Kook Awards Raving Loonie Misc 4 July 12th 05 05:12 AM
PROOF AUK AWARDS ARE FOR RETALIATION-was-WINNERS! Usenet Kook Awards Oopsie Doodle Astronomy Misc 0 July 12th 05 02:39 AM
Stella Awards Rival Darwin Awards For Most Primitive Yet SuccessfulLawsuits Mad Scientist Misc 17 September 18th 04 04:50 PM