ArseHat awards

Old August 18th 13, 08:29 AM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Lord Androcles, Zeroth Earl of Medway[_13_]

Default ArseHat awards

http://drawsigner.com/2012/09/03/asshat-award/

Awards go to Kelleher (obviously to all), and the close minded bigots
palsing and
quadiblockhead for their insistence on their way regardless of how
unreasonable
or fair it is and contrary to overwhelming evidence and logic they firmly
hold to
their ignorance.

-- Lord Androcles, Zeroth Earl of Medway

Old August 18th 13, 12:53 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
AM

On 8/18/2013 3:29 AM, Lord Androcles, Zeroth Earl of Medway wrote:
http://drawsigner.com/2012/09/03/asshat-award/

Awards go to Kelleher (obviously to all), and the close minded bigots
palsing and
quadiblockhead for their insistence on their way regardless of how
unreasonable
or fair it is and contrary to overwhelming evidence and logic they
firmly hold to
their ignorance.

-- Lord Androcles, Zeroth Earl of Medway

I'd like to extend that award to all those who KEEP responding to
Kelleher. If everyone ignored him he would eventually go away. Why
people can't ignore him is beyond me.

I can say that for the first time in years this group seems to be very
very slowly getting to some sense of normalcy.

AM
Old August 18th 13, 01:50 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Quadibloc

On Sunday, August 18, 2013 5:53:30 AM UTC-6, AM wrote:

I'd like to extend that award to all those who KEEP responding to
Kelleher. If everyone ignored him he would eventually go away. Why
people can't ignore him is beyond me.

What about Androcles and the people who keep responding to him?

Kelleher denies the Truth we learned from Newton; Androcles denies the Truth we learned from Einstein. Both are kooks.

Maybe they should be ignored, but silence is assent.

John Savard
Old August 18th 13, 02:12 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
AM

On 8/18/2013 5:01 PM, Lord Androcles, Zeroth Earl of Medway wrote:

"AM" wrote in message

On 8/18/2013 3:29 AM, Lord Androcles, Zeroth Earl of Medway wrote:
http://drawsigner.com/2012/09/03/asshat-award/

Awards go to Kelleher (obviously to all), and the close minded bigots
palsing and
quadiblockhead for their insistence on their way regardless of how
unreasonable
or fair it is and contrary to overwhelming evidence and logic they
firmly hold to
their ignorance.

-- Lord Androcles, Zeroth Earl of Medway

I'd like to extend that award to all those who KEEP responding to
Kelleher. If everyone ignored him he would eventually go away. Why
people can't ignore him is beyond me.

I can say that for the first time in years this group seems to be very
very slowly getting to some sense of normalcy.

AM
Kelleher is not some ordinary dullard. Kelleher is your bona fide
genuine "Rain Man", fully autistic.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Autism
Autism affects information processing in the brain by altering how nerve
cells and their synapses connect and organize; how this occurs is not
well understood.[3] It is one of three recognized disorders in the
autism spectrum (ASDs), the other two being Asperger syndrome, which
lacks delays in cognitive development and language, and pervasive
developmental disorder, not otherwise specified (commonly abbreviated as
PDD-NOS), which is diagnosed when the full set of criteria for autism or
Asperger syndrome are not met.[4]

I would pity him except for his arrogant rudeness. He hasn't gone away
in well over a decade, and if you look up you'll see he's just stuck his
opinion into a different thread totally uninvited, he isn't going away
by being ignored. Ten years ago, meaning well, I tried to help him. This
year quadiblockhead and palsing, also well meaning, have tried as
well. He can’t be helped and he isn't going away, but he does have the
right to free speech and I'll defend that as I'll defend my own. You
have the right not the read his posts; exercise it.

-- Lord Androcles, Zeroth Earl of Medway

I agree with you but...

He is just a troll. And like all trolls take away any attention to them
and eventually they will go away.

Old August 18th 13, 05:13 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
oriel36[_2_]

On Sunday, August 18, 2013 4:11:06 PM UTC+1, Lord Androcles, Zeroth Earl of Medway wrote:

I don't mind being called an empiricist. Kelleher is himself an

empiricist but he forms the wrong ideas. His sensory experience

tells him the Moon keeps the same face to the Earth so he

concludes wrongly that the Moon does not rotate.

A silly mathematician trying to bully the forum into accepting the intellectual anarchy of a spinning moon because another stupid mathematician misread Kepler's Somnium in mistaking revolution/orbital motion for 'rotation '.

http://books.google.ie/books?id=OdCJ...ge&q&f=fa lse

Any astronomer who is paid a salary should be arrested for subversion on that one.

Good to see Parker knows his audience and that a weak minded magnification bunch who probably detest the idea of going outside to watch a spinning moon but will not move to protect astronomy nor make the effort to put observations in context.

Old August 18th 13, 08:21 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
oriel36[_2_]

Medway wrote:

[...]

You've won your arsehat award, Kelleher, no need to keep trying for it.

BTW, intellect should be anarchic, only a bullying thug and tyrannical

despot like you would try to impose an oligarchy on it. What's 7 x 9,

Kelleher?

Hint: it's between 61 and 65

-- Lord Androcles, Zeroth Earl of Medway

I have no regard for the followers of Newton and his vicious strain of empiricism and besides, they don't even understand his system,the real culprits in the decimation of astronomy are those weak folk who couldn't care less about black holes,dark matter or whether the moon spins or not,their version of astronomy is identifying objects and magnifying them without the slight effort to put observations in context.

How many times has sequential imaging or time lapse footage been discussed in this forum ?,how many times have the names of Copernicus,Kepler or Galileo entered a discussion on the development of astronomy from the great geocentric astronomers ?.

Things are changing though,some people are beginning to develop a taste for looking into the celestial arena instead of the 'clear skies' rotating celestial sphere bunch and their concerns about the color of the carpet on the floor of their observatory or the size of their telescope.

As for you,when you used posited zero inclination to the Sun as a description of the Equinoxes I forgave you the way Palsing and his inability to make sense of the motions of Uranus can be forgiven.You are both sides of the same phony coin but the greater fault lies with the lazy guy who thinks astronomy begins and ends with an identification exercise that you can now get from a phone app such as Google Sky.

Old August 18th 13, 11:42 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur

"Quadibloc" wrote in message

On Sunday, August 18, 2013 5:53:30 AM UTC-6, AM wrote:

I'd like to extend that award to all those who KEEP responding to
Kelleher. If everyone ignored him he would eventually go away. Why
people can't ignore him is beyond me.

What about Androcles and the people who keep responding to him?

Kelleher denies the Truth we learned from Newton; Androcles denies the Truth
we learned from Einstein. Both are kooks.

Maybe they should be ignored, but silence is assent.

John Savard

Sample of Kook Savard's "Truth" he learnt from Einstein:
"If we assume that the result proved for a polygonal line is also valid for
a continuously curved line, we arrive at this result: If one of two
synchronous clocks at A is moved in a closed curve with constant velocity
until it returns to A, the journey lasting t seconds, then by the clock
which has remained at rest the travelled clock on its arrival at A will be
$\frac{1}{2}tv^2/c^2$ second slow. Thence we conclude that a balance-clock7
at the equator must go more slowly, by a very small amount, than a precisely
similar clock situated at one of the poles under otherwise identical
conditions." --Einstein.

Kook Savard believes atomic clocks in McMurdo Sound run faster than atomic
clocks in Denver, Colorado.
Kook Savard believes atomic clocks in GPS satellites run slower than atomic
clocks in Denver, Colorado.

Silence is assent, Kook Savard.

Produce the evidence of Einstein's "truth" that he got from "the help of
certain imaginary physical experiments we have settled what is to be
understood by synchronous stationary clocks located at different places, and
have evidently obtained a definition of “simultaneous,” or “synchronous,”
and of “time.”

Enquiring minds want to know.

-- Lord Androcles, Zeroth Earl of Medway

Old August 19th 13, 12:09 AM posted to sci.astro.amateur

"AM" wrote in message

[...]

I don't agree. A troll deliberately provokes others to get a rise
out of it. Trolls know what they are doing. Kelleher is mentally ill
and cannot express himself, he has a word collection he uses
without knowing their meaning.
Look how he uses the word "empiricist", for example.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Empiricism
"empiricism emphasizes the role of experience and evidence,
especially sensory experience, in the formation of ideas, over
the notion of innate ideas or traditions"

I don't mind being called an empiricist. Kelleher is himself an
empiricist but he forms the wrong ideas. His sensory experience
tells him the Moon keeps the same face to the Earth so he
concludes wrongly that the Moon does not rotate.
Kelleher genuinely wants to convince others that there has to be
an integer ratio between the day and the year because he's
convinced of it.
That's not trolling, that's quite genuine as he sees it. Being autistic
he can’t help himself, but he is not malicious as a troll is.

-- Lord Androcles, Zeroth Earl of Medway

Where are my awards? Bork Misc 1 September 10th 07 03:39 AM
Awards and Dammed ;} Starlord Amateur Astronomy 6 November 16th 06 06:47 PM
PROOF AUK AWARDS ARE FOR RETALIATION-was-WINNERS! Usenet Kook Awards Raving Loonie Misc 4 July 12th 05 05:12 AM
PROOF AUK AWARDS ARE FOR RETALIATION-was-WINNERS! Usenet Kook Awards Oopsie Doodle Astronomy Misc 0 July 12th 05 02:39 AM
Stella Awards Rival Darwin Awards For Most Primitive Yet SuccessfulLawsuits Mad Scientist Misc 17 September 18th 04 04:50 PM