HTV is succesfully launched !

Old September 12th 09, 09:04 AM posted to sci.space.station
John Doe

Default HTV is succesfully launched !

The freighter left Earth atop an H-IIB rocket at 0201 local time on
Friday (1701 GMT, Thursday).

Docking not expected for at least 8 days. It is carrying 4.5 tonnes of
cargo. It has capacity for 6 tonnes.

Japan hopes to launch 1 HTV per year.

HTV will remain berthed for about 6 weeks.
Old September 12th 09, 02:30 PM posted to sci.space.station
Brian Gaff

Is there some video/audio of the launch somewhere?
Brian

--
Brian Gaff -
in the display name may be lost.

Old September 12th 09, 04:50 PM posted to sci.space.station
zx

Default HTV is succesfully launched ! video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Phgpf...eature=related
Old September 12th 09, 04:52 PM posted to sci.space.station
zx

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fo95VCMqhUc&NR=1

other view

Old September 12th 09, 04:57 PM posted to sci.space.station
zx

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nooNk...eature=related

Old September 12th 09, 04:58 PM posted to sci.space.station
zx

with english comment and htv center control

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_3aln...eature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nooNk...eature=related
Old September 12th 09, 07:00 PM posted to sci.space.station
zx

http://iss.jaxa.jp/en/htv/mission/htv-1/news/
Old September 13th 09, 10:02 AM posted to sci.space.station
Brian Gaff

Well, U Tube is a pain to me, with its flash and sundry non standard
controls and javascript links. I could not find a play launch video link on
the other page either. Surely its not a secret video with no easy way to
play it. I do not need the pictures, the sounds is all I need.!

Brian

Email:

Old September 14th 09, 09:08 AM posted to sci.space.station
Brian Gaff

Well I spent half an hour trying to get one of the many links I was sent,
to play, and eventually gave up. Seems people must have used non standard
controls for the players, like flash or something, which is a real pain if
not tested for blind access. I guess these folk feel why would 'the blind'
want to run a video.

Brian

Old September 14th 09, 11:58 AM posted to sci.space.station
zx

Which Operating System do you have ?

youtube use flash, but it is possible to download the video directly with
the url link

Sometime, i use "apowersoft youtube downloader "in trial version,
you put the url and it download the video in "flv" format,
many other youtube donwloader are avalaible like "getflash", etc...
after download you can replay localy on pc.

i user vlc media player or real player, flv format is not runing
under microsoft player

Regards

JP