ESAS - Another Great Con

Old November 16th 07, 08:23 AM posted to sci.space.policy,sci.space.history,sci.space.shuttle,sci.space.station
Bob the Tomato[_2_]

Default ESAS - Another Great Con

On Thu, 15 Nov 2007 00:20:08 -0600, kT wrote:

Scott Hedrick wrote:
"kT" wrote in message
Scott Hedrick wrote:
"kT" wrote in message
Scott Hedrick wrote:

"kT" wrote in message
Stellation!
That's "European" for "watch us sit around and watch a problem fester
while we wait for the Americans to fix it for us".
But if the Europeans ever do get around to mounting an invasion force to
liberate US from our demagogue, Cuba would be an ideal staging point no?
Europe's "demagogue" would be in Europe. Duh.
You are an arrogant, belligerent, unapologetic and unashamed American
fascist, and I am outraged and ashamed that people like you even exist in
America

Yeah, it figures you'd be ashamed of individualism, having surrendered yours
to the state.

Having nothing to surrender. I'm already a ward of nature.

, let alone are now commonplace, and have subverted our
industry and government. To the rest of the world for this I apologize.

Europe couldn't be bothered to do anything about problems in its own back
yard and depended on the United States to come to the rescue once again.
Just ask a Bosnian. How many former Yugoslavs died because Europe was
busy *talking*? It took NATO- and that means the United States- to
finally do something to stop the slaughter and shame Europe *once again*
into action.
That excuses everything then.

There's no excuse for Europe's inaction.

And in acting, 40 million people died.

Just think, you are already 1/40th the way to beating that record,
catching up on your Vietnam body count already. You're getting into Pol
Pot territory right now, long ago exceeding Rwanda. America is already a
regular third world nation. Enjoy your long new period of prosperity.

That is a truly amazing mental leap.

You are saying that 40 million dead in Europe was the fault of the
USA?

What planet are you from?

I would love to hear the gyrations you went through to come up with
*that*. Use all the whitespace you need.

--
Bob the Tomato
Old November 16th 07, 08:30 AM posted to sci.space.policy,sci.space.history,sci.space.shuttle,sci.space.station
kT

Scott Hedrick wrote:
"kT" wrote in message
Scott Hedrick wrote:
"kT" wrote in message
Scott Hedrick wrote:

"kT" wrote in message
[...]

No, I claimed forty million people died because Europe took action (and
in some cases, that action may have been inaction) during World War II.

What particular problems are you having problems parsing it?

What planet are you from?

Earth. What other planet did you think I was from?

I would love to hear the gyrations you went through to come up with
*that*. Use all the whitespace you need.

Europe descended into fascism again, another forty million people died.

The United States descended into fascism again, another million died.

Really, if you want to get into the big leagues, please try harder.
Old November 16th 07, 09:18 AM posted to sci.space.history
OM[_6_]

On Fri, 16 Nov 2007 08:23:37 GMT, Bob the Tomato
wrote:

What planet are you from?

....The issue isn't what planet he's from, but whether we can send his
neo-Nazi child-molesting carcass back there. In the meantime, just
killfile him and put him out of our misery agan. Please.

OM
--
]=====================================[
] Let's face it: Sometimes you *need* [
Old November 16th 07, 09:34 AM posted to sci.space.policy,sci.space.history,sci.space.shuttle,sci.space.station
Bob the Tomato[_2_]

Scott Hedrick wrote:
"kT" wrote in message
Scott Hedrick wrote:
"kT" wrote in message
Scott Hedrick wrote:

"kT" wrote in message
[...]

So, I'm not trying to get your feathers up here...

Are you saying that if WWII had not been escalated by countries that
wanted to remain outside of the Axis, or wanted to help get rid of the
Axis, would the body count have been higher or lower than it had been
recorded in history? I'm not sure I'm following you... I do
understand what you mean by "action vs. inaction" but I'm not sure
where you are going with this. In your opinion, who is responsible
for the body count? The "Axis" or the "liberators"?

I think I am following you on the current parallels in the USA by the
current direction in govt, although my opinions on the subject are a
little more moderate. Are you saying that a million have died in the
US because of the current govt? I think they might have a rather
difficult time hiding all the bodies... or are you saying that the
US's foreign policies / wars have led to a million deaths in other
parts of the world?

I am truly not trying to get your dander up, I'm just trying to
understand a viewpoint / opinion that is different than my own.

My own deep concern is for the hidden inflation in the war and its
long term effect on the stability of the US dollar. Third world
country indeed. You can't print your way out of debt... it is a very
dangerous path to follow. Having members of the Fed and the US Govt
tell the media that we are beginning to exhibit some of the signs that
predated the fall of the Roman empire is very bad. We need to tell
the kids to keep their hands out of the cookie jar. Unfortunately the
same people show up on the ballot again and again, no matter which
party you pick. I think I'm going to vote for RP but I have a lot
more soul searching to do. I usually vote for an underdog, knowing
that in my left-leaning state I'll be throwing my vote away, but
knowing that I voted my conscience. This is gonna be a long,
interesting campaign.

Old November 16th 07, 01:10 PM posted to sci.space.policy,sci.space.history,sci.space.shuttle,sci.space.station
Rand Simberg[_1_]

On Fri, 16 Nov 2007 09:34:41 GMT, in a place far, far away, Bob the
Tomato made the phosphor on my monitor glow in such a
way as to indicate that:

snip

I am truly not trying to get your dander up, I'm just trying to
understand a viewpoint / opinion that is different than my own.

Elifritz' "dander" is permanently up. He's the worst troll in the
newsgroup. Most of us killfiled him long ago.
Old November 16th 07, 01:57 PM posted to sci.space.policy,sci.space.history,sci.space.shuttle,sci.space.station
kT

Rand Simberg wrote:
On Fri, 16 Nov 2007 09:34:41 GMT, in a place far, far away, Bob the
Tomato made the phosphor on my monitor glow in such a
way as to indicate that:

snip

I am truly not trying to get your dander up, I'm just trying to
understand a viewpoint / opinion that is different than my own.

Elifritz' "dander" is permanently up. He's the worst troll in the
newsgroup. Most of us killfiled him long ago.

Ok, fine, let's try to understand Elifritz' viewpoint, which is
different than your own, and why that 'gets Elifritz' dander up.

Genocide in Iraq, a million dead, a war crime. Secret prisons, torture,
domestic surveillance, criminal offenses all. A 10 trillion dollar debt.

And finally: ESAS, The stick, the shaft, the Ares I. Elifritz is ****ed.

But Elifritz just doesn't say he's ****ed, that just satisfies his
obligations as an American. As an American, Elifritz tried to design his
way out of the mess, with a COTS alternative to the ESAS architecture.

So Elifritz goes well beyond the demand for mere dissent.

Elifritz is a non ****ing hero.
Old November 16th 07, 02:01 PM posted to sci.space.policy,sci.space.history,sci.space.shuttle,sci.space.station
kT

Scott Hedrick wrote:
"kT" wrote in message
Scott Hedrick wrote:
"kT" wrote in message
Scott Hedrick wrote:

"kT" wrote in message
[...]

You're saying all kinds of **** in a vast strawman argument.

Elifritz merely says Europe's recent decent into fascism resulted in 40
million or so deaths, while America's recent decent into fascism has
thus far only resulted in a million deaths or so, and thus America has a
great deal of deaths yet to inflict on the world, in its most recent
decent into fascism, if Americans want any credibility as fascists.

Not only are Americans fascists, they're incompetent fascists.

That should be clear enough.
Old November 17th 07, 02:02 AM posted to sci.space.policy,sci.space.history,sci.space.shuttle,sci.space.station
Alan Anderson

kT wrote:

What particular problems are you having problems parsing it?

Anyone know where I can get an irony meter repaired? Mine just exploded.
Old November 17th 07, 03:36 AM posted to sci.space.policy,sci.space.history,sci.space.shuttle,sci.space.station
kT

Alan Anderson wrote:

kT wrote:

What particular problems are you having problems parsing it?

Anyone know where I can get an irony meter repaired? Mine just exploded.

Have you considered designing a satire meter from the exploded parts?
Old November 17th 07, 02:50 PM posted to sci.space.policy,sci.space.history,sci.space.shuttle,sci.space.station
Rand Simberg[_1_]

On Fri, 16 Nov 2007 21:02:31 -0500, in a place far, far away, Alan
Anderson made the phosphor on my monitor glow

kT wrote:

What particular problems are you having problems parsing it?

Anyone know where I can get an irony meter repaired? Mine just exploded.

Probably cheaper to just replace it, these days. And keep the new one
away from Elifritz.

ESAS - Another Great Con kT Space Shuttle 21 November 18th 07 11:10 PM
ESAS - Another Great Con kT Space Station 19 November 18th 07 11:10 PM
ESAS - Another Great Con kT Policy 21 November 18th 07 11:10 PM
Great Griffin/ESAS Discussion At Space Politics Rand Simberg[_1_] Policy 24 May 23rd 07 07:21 PM
A true ESAS revolution: the ESAS + COTS + AresX moon missions!!! gaetanomarano Policy 0 May 21st 07 06:50 PM