Dark Skies Cheshire-Teggs Nose?

Old July 18th 06, 03:33 PM posted to uk.sci.astronomy
AB

Default Dark Skies Cheshire-Teggs Nose?

Anybody from South Manchester/North Cheshire got any reccomended viewing
locations for a handful of fairly novice telescope owners?

I used to work close to Teggs Nose Park in Macclesfield (before I got really
interested) and from memory I think the car park there probably had all
round views of the horizon.

Any receommended locations - 4 or 5 of us hoping to get something sorted for
September time?

Thanks.

Old July 18th 06, 03:53 PM posted to uk.sci.astronomy
Paul Clark

"AB" wrote in message
Anybody from South Manchester/North Cheshire got any reccomended viewing
locations for a handful of fairly novice telescope owners?

I used to work close to Teggs Nose Park in Macclesfield (before I got
really interested) and from memory I think the car park there probably had
all round views of the horizon.

Any receommended locations - 4 or 5 of us hoping to get something sorted
for September time?

Thanks.

Tegg's Nose is a bit busy/cosmopolitan try

http://www.streetmap.co.uk/newmap.sr...=newsearch.srf

picnic area.at Clough House ~ 1 mile north of Wildboarclough or either of
other 'P's on the map.

Also

http://www.streetmap.co.uk/newmap.sr...=newsearch.srf

at the P in the valley nr Gradbach or just at sharp bend leading off to R in
middle of map. This is a big gravel area.

You may bump into various members of the Altrincham and District AS if you
are lucky?

Cheers
Paul

Old July 18th 06, 04:02 PM posted to uk.sci.astronomy
AB

Thanks - when you say Teggs is busy/cosmopolitan do you mean busy with
telescopes or busy with other visitors- snogging/drinking youths, 'dog'
walkers etc.

Cheers for the info on the other options - i'll check them out.

AB

Old July 18th 06, 05:22 PM posted to uk.sci.astronomy
Paul Clark

Certain nothing to do with telescopes! More the 'sex, drugs n rock n roll'
type of activity. In old parlance.