The Wilson Theory of Space.

Old February 20th 07, 08:11 PM posted to sci.physics.relativity,sci.physics,sci.astro
Henri Wilson

Default The Wilson Theory of Space.

On 20 Feb 2007 09:49:59 -0800, "Igor" wrote:

On Feb 19, 5:40 pm, HW@....(Henri Wilson) wrote:
This is mainly about 'fields' and the complete absence of them.

Imagine if there were only one piece of matter in the whole universe, a single
electron.

How would you know that it was an electron if it was the only particle
anywhere?

We know that the electron has an electric field around itself that will repel
like charges and attract unlike ones.

How can it when it's the only particle in the universe?

Its strength tapers off with distance
according to an inverse square law. In the physical sense, we have no idea what
makes a 'field'.

There is no field at all since there can be no test particles to probe
it.

Now the question we must ask is, what happens as we move further and further
away from the electron.

As what moves further and further from the "whatever it is"?

Does its field strength become infintely weaker and weaker?

How would you be able to tell?

...or is there a
point where it can be reduced no more and becomes fragmented.
In other words, is there a point where the electron field becomes so weak that
it can be no longer be reduced in strength?

Yes, it's called zero.

Can a point be reached where the
field of the electron doesn't permanently exist at all?

Yes, at infinity. That is if you could measure it, but with only one
electron, I guess you're out of luck.

ARE FIELDS QUANTIZED?

Some are, some aren't.

Would there be regions of space where 'field quanta' are so rare that most of
that region literally consists of 'absolutely nothing'?

In space there are gravitational 'fields', electric fields, magnetic fields and
possibly a few that we know nothing about.. No matter where we go in the
universe, we will presumeably see distant stars and fall freely under the
influence of some gravitational system....so EM is reaching us regularly.
....but is it possible that in very remote space, the fields that make up EM
and gravity become literally 'full of holes'?

Bad examples. EM and gravity have infinite ranges.

My hypothesis says that 'empty' space somewhat resembles felted fibre or foam
polystyrene, where the fibrous or plastic bits resemble the field 'quanta'
whilst the holes consist of genuine 'nothing'. The holes are very temporary
since EM carrying its own fields passes through them continuously, partially
destroying them.

Hardly a new idea. It seems you got to that party a bit late.

Because 'Wilsonian nort-holes' consist of nothing, they have no properties, no
geometry, no time. The concept of an infinite nort-hole presents no real
problem since the word 'nothing' in reality implies a genuine 'absence of
anything' and without anything, the concept of infinity doesn't really exist.

But they have to be bounded by something. What are you a pessimist?
Thinking only of the holes and not what bounds them.

It is possible that huge nort-holes separate all the individual universes that
make up space.

Anything's possible. Even you coming up with some reasonable
physics. But I'm not exactly holding my breath.

Light travels through a nort-hole purely ballistically since there is no
intrinsic dielectric constant or magnetic permeability there. Maxwell's
equations have no relevance in a nort-hole.

Light couldn't travel through the hole at all. It would have to stay
on the boundary. That's the only place where space is defined.

Any attempt to investigate a nort-hole will destroy it.

You could never observe them. Period.

The 'Wilson Density Threshold' is that at which nort-holes first start to
appear. (Note: 'density' refers to both matter and fields, here)
As the density decreases, so does the proportion of 'nothing' in any volume.

Gotta love your sense of modesty.

Indeed, since nort-holes possess no spatial properties, the true volume of what
we presently refer to as 'empty space' must be redefined to mean 'that volume
actually occupied by field quanta which exist there'. It is a distinct
possibility that lengths as well as volumes are effectively 'contracted' in
most of intergalactic space.

Whatever that means.

....poor fellow....
.....another 'would-be' scientist if he had the ability...
Old February 20th 07, 08:31 PM posted to sci.physics.relativity,sci.physics,sci.astro
Eric Gisse

On Feb 20, 11:11 am, HW@....(Henri Wilson) wrote:
[...]

.....like you?

*snicker*

Old February 20th 07, 08:35 PM posted to sci.physics.relativity,sci.physics,sci.astro
Eric Gisse

On Feb 20, 6:00 am, "kenseto" wrote:
"Sam Wormley" wrote in message

news:%8DCh.5320$PD2.1711@attbi_s22... kenseto wrote:

The infinity problems that are inherent in the QED equations...

Such as?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quantum...ler-Lagrange_e...

Where are you referring to, Seto?

The equations in this link are re-normalized equations. The original qed
equations before re-normalization contains infinities due to the
misconception-conception that the charge of the particle resides within the
particle. When the charge is residing within the electron its self energy
will become infinite as the distance approaches zero.

....but it predicts correctly, something your theory can't claim.

Old February 20th 07, 10:21 PM posted to sci.physics.relativity,sci.physics,sci.astro
Paul B. Andersen

Henri Wilson wrote:
This is mainly about 'fields' and the complete absence of them.

Imagine if there were only one piece of matter in the whole universe, a single
electron.

We know that the electron has an electric field around itself that will repel
like charges and attract unlike ones. Its strength tapers off with distance
according to an inverse square law. In the physical sense, we have no idea what
makes a 'field'.

Now the question we must ask is, what happens as we move further and further
away from the electron.
Does its field strength become infintely weaker and weaker? ...or is there a
point where it can be reduced no more and becomes fragmented.
In other words, is there a point where the electron field becomes so weak that
it can be no longer be reduced in strength? Can a point be reached where the
[...]

What makes space carrying field quanta different from that which is completely
devoid of any is a question that remains to be answered.

It is reasonable to assume that space that contains a fields

Another manuscript for the stand up comedian?

Paul
Old February 20th 07, 10:37 PM posted to sci.physics.relativity,sci.physics,sci.astro
Dumbledore

"Henri Wilson" HW@.... wrote in message
news [snip] http://www.androcles01.pwp.blueyonde...WilsonFake.JPG This
message is for *your* personal safety, brought to *you* by Dumbledore, the
computer of Androcles, having passed my Turing Test using Uncle Phuckwit for
a guinea pig. How is my driving? Call 1-800-555-1234
http://www.carmagneticsigns.co.uk/im...l/P_Plates.jpg Worn with pride.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/L-plate

Old February 20th 07, 11:25 PM posted to sci.physics.relativity,sci.physics,sci.astro
kenseto

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quantum...ange_equations
Where are you referring to, Seto?

The equations in this link are re-normalized equations. The original qed
equations before re-normalization contains infinities due to the
misconception-conception that the charge of the particle resides within

the
particle. When the charge is residing within the electron its self

energy
will become infinite as the distance approaches zero.

Interesting in that QED is *the most successful theory* ever
invented by humans.

But QED is based on the misconception that the charge is residing within the
particle.

Does My Convex Space Theory Give Space Expansion the 5th Dimension? G=EMC^2 Glazier Misc 2 September 2nd 06 12:41 AM
Mt.Wilson Mark F. Amateur Astronomy 46 December 20th 05 03:55 PM
Perseids from Mount Wilson Mike Simmons Amateur Astronomy 12 August 16th 05 09:43 PM
Mt Wilson Record Starlord Amateur Astronomy 30 July 29th 05 09:33 AM
Winter is coming to Mt. Wilson Matthew Ota Amateur Astronomy 16 November 8th 04 09:18 PM