ProspectV 1.1 Magic Demo Pack (freeware) - (astro) image exploration

Old March 17th 06, 08:54 AM posted to sci.astro.ccd-imaging

Default ProspectV 1.1 Magic Demo Pack (freeware) - (astro) image exploration

Dear All,

last January I announced on the Web the availability of
ProspectV 1.0 Demo, an image exploration tool that loads any
standard 2D image, and visualizes it with pans, zooms, and
rotations, in real-time, in full screen, and at full frame-rate.
An additional scripting functionality allows to pre-program each
exploration session in every detail, so that it can be repeated
any number of times, to make precise visual presentations or
briefings. ProspectV also runs well on very limited hardware.

Now you can download a brand new freeware demo, ProspectV 1.1
"Magic Demo Pack", from our (updated) website:

http://it.geocities.com/prospectvhome/

This version has been released on March 9th, 2006, in occasion of
the opening of the CeBIT fair in Hannover, Germany.

ProspectV 1.1 Magic Demo Pack has the following characteristics,
in addition to those already in the previous demo release (1.0):

1) It supports multiple 2D image formats: besides BMP, it now
loads JPEG, PCX, PPM, and TGA.

2) It includes 15 (_fifteen_) full demos illustrating examples of
image exploration in many different imaging fields, where we think
ProspectV may turn out very useful: urban planning, military,
planetary science, remote sensing, astronomy, digital photography,
underwater photography, arts, document, geography, medicine,
geographic information systems, and others.

3) It has a new colorful starter interface, where you can see the
thumbnail preview of the demo image being selected, read specific
information about each demo, and also select your own image and
script.

We have also announced the other forthcoming software releases and
our offer of scripting services, dedicated to museum displays and
to the private or professional imaging world in general. You may
find more details about this on our website:

http://it.geocities.com/prospectvhome/

We have met a certain interest in the digital community with the
release ProspectV 1.0. We would like to have your attention again
for this visually rich new release. We are independent developers,
and we would be very happy to hear your comments and suggestions,
or questions, or experiences, related to your use of our software.
Do not hesitate in contacting us at the following email address:

Thank you for now, and hope to hear from you soon!

Marco Ruocco

Marco Ruocco
B.Sc. (Hons), MA Geography
Freelance IT Consultant