Star 26 light years away could harbour alien life

Old February 20th 06, 03:21 PM posted to sci.astro.seti

Default Star 26 light years away could harbour alien life

A brief article in The Guardian:

Star 26 light years away could harbour alien life
http://www.guardian.co.uk/space/arti...713603,00.html

####
Ian Sample
Monday February 20, 2006
The Guardian

A yellow-orange sun called Chara 26 light years from Earth has been
identified by scientists as one of the most likely sources of
intelligent alien civilisation in the universe.

After a two year hunt for "habitable zones", or regions in far away
solar systems where planets would enjoy the perfect conditions for life,
Chara is one of five stars named as promising hotspots for life.

The list was produced by Margaret Turnbull, an astronomer at the
Carnegie Institute of Washington, after trawling information on 120,000
stars, and will be used to make the hunt for signs of extraterrestrial
life more efficient.
####

Keep searchin',
Martin

--
---------- OS? What's that?! (Martin_285 on Mandriva)
- Martin - To most people, "Operating System" is unknown & strange.
Old February 20th 06, 11:06 PM posted to sci.astro.seti

"Martin 53N 1W" wrote in message ...
A brief article in The Guardian:

Star 26 light years away could harbour alien life
http://www.guardian.co.uk/space/arti...713603,00.html

Cool !
With a turn-around time of 52 years, they might just have replied to our early strong TV carrier signals from the 1950's.
We could receive that reply today !

Rob

Old February 21st 06, 09:04 PM posted to sci.astro.seti

Rob Dekker a écrit :
"Martin 53N 1W" wrote in message ...

A brief article in The Guardian:

Star 26 light years away could harbour alien life
http://www.guardian.co.uk/space/arti...713603,00.html

Cool !
With a turn-around time of 52 years, they might just have replied to our early strong TV carrier signals from the 1950's.
We could receive that reply today !

Rob

Yes, but no one is listening
Old February 22nd 06, 05:43 AM posted to sci.astro.seti

"Rob Dekker" wrote in message
. com...

"Martin 53N 1W" wrote

in message ...
A brief article in The Guardian:

Star 26 light years away could harbour alien life

http://www.guardian.co.uk/space/arti...713603,00.html

Cool !
With a turn-around time of 52 years, they might just have

replied to our early strong TV carrier signals from the
1950's.
We could receive that reply today !

Rob

Yes, or...we may be recieving the first bio-weapon missiles
tomorrow. ) ...tonyC

Old February 23rd 06, 12:51 AM posted to sci.astro.seti

I wonder if we have? Considering the correct astral key, it would be
possible to reflect a convolution of our own media as a schedule of virtual
reality that would transact the message for an interesting exchange to be
sure.

Patrick Ashley Meuser-Bianca
Cyberneticist
Crisis-Risk Consultant, Page Technician

"Anthony Cerrato" wrote in message

"Rob Dekker" wrote in message
. com...

"Martin 53N 1W" wrote

in message ...

Old February 23rd 06, 08:12 PM posted to sci.astro.seti

Is that what hit us on the 6th of Feb? A terror waepon?

--
Chris
"Anthony Cerrato" wrote in message

"Rob Dekker" wrote in message