Obama's plans even wackier than those of Bush

Old April 29th 10, 03:57 PM posted to sci.space.policy
William Mook[_2_]

Default Obama's plans even wackier than those of Bush

On Apr 29, 12:05*am, Brad Guth wrote:
On Apr 28, 4:58*pm, William Mook wrote:

I proposed converting our stockpile of fissile materials to non-
threatening impulse units at an AIAA conference in Dayton Ohio in
1990, as a way to avoid the threat of loose nukes following the
collapse of USSR. *I showed how this was a better approach to non-
proliferation since it inspired cooperation and cost less than SDI and
had longer lasting benefits.

Since that time I have repeated my points any time that seemed
beneficial.

I wish I could take absolute credit for all these ideas. *However,
they were explored rather fully by Leo Szilard as early as 1934. *He
even wrote an addendum to Einstein's paper to FDR in 1940 noting the
importance of the long-range nuclear rocket. *It was this addendum
that caused Truman to include rocket scientists in Project Paperclip
in 1945 by JIOA division of OSS.

So, its not like folks at the highest level don't know the stakes and
capabilities or haven't taken action on them.

I am hopeful.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GOpCMnLoM1c

So was Jesus Christ and a few million Jews, hopeful. *Guess what
happened next?

Exactly what part of our mainstream status quo don't you get?

If all the past, present and future bad guys are never policed for
their past, present or future debauchery, what exactly makes you think
they are just going to sit passively, as you run all over them and
take away most of their loot.

The top ten global corporations that you'd have to control is going to
be multi-trillion spendy as all get out, just in order to have
controlling interest in each and every one of them. *Are there even 10
CEOs you'd dare trust behind your back?

*~ BG

Police don't make a culture. Reliance on police is a signal the
culture is in decline if not gone altogether. It doesn't matter if 1
or 10 or 10 million control the reigns of power - as long as those who
have power also have the right values in themselves. Without those
values no amount of power can restore a lost culture no amount of
power, no system. The system is within us or it is not.

Toynbee says schism of the soul will not be restored by returning to
the good old days, will not be restored by some program guaranteed to
render a perfect utopian future, will not be restored by hard headed
programs to weld together again the deteriorating pieces of a worn
culture that is falling apart.

Toynbee saw a 3/4 century ago, the West was in decline.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arnold_J._Toynbee

He warned us, the way a mother might warn an errant child who won't
listen. Only birth can conquer death. Birth not of the old thing
again, but of something new. Within the soul there must occur a
continuing birth of new things to counter balance the unremitting
recurrence of death.

Toynbee warned that if we are not continuously regenerated from within
doom breaks from every virtue we possess.

Peace is a trap, war is a trap, change is a trap, permanence a trap.
When the day of death is come, there is nothing for us to do but die,
be cut to pieces, and then be reborn anew.

Those who are in power don't get it, because their culture suppressed
it for three generations now. We had our leaders. Leo Szilard had it
all worked out, and gave it on a silver platter to FDR in the
technical addendum to Einstein's paper. Toynbee explained why. We
merely failed to listen to them. We are now paying the price and will
continue to pay the price.

Blaming the people who happen to be in positions of power for the
decline is a symptom of the disease, not a cureall. Read
Shakespeare's Julius Ceasar to get a clear sense of the sorts of
spiritual deficits that lead to cultural decline;

Of people who are too fearful for their own comfort to listen to their
hearts;

You blocks, you stones, you worse than senseless things!
O you hard hearts, you cruel men of Rome,
Knew you not Pompey? (1.1.39)

Of blaming others;

Why, man, he doth bestride the narrow world
Like a Colossus; and we petty men
Walk under his huge legs, and peep about
To find ourselves dishonourable graves.
Men at some time are masters of their fates:
The fault, dear Brutus, is not in our stars,
But in ourselves, that we are underlings. (1.2.135)

Of ambition

Let me have men about me that are fat;
Sleek-headed men and such as sleep o' nights;
Yond' Cassius has a lean and hungry look;
He thinks too much: such men are dangerous. (1.2.192)

Of taking care to truly understand a thing before acting on it

But, for my own part, it was Greek to me. (1.2.283)

We are definitely a culture in decline - death is not inevitable,
there can be a spiritual rebirth in the heart of all men and women, we
have the resources at hand to support such a rebirth. We lack the
will to do it - as von Braun said. And that summarizes our
situation. That's why death is needed in nature - we lack the will,
so nature moves on without us - and we are reborn with the will to
change, the will to power.

Old April 30th 10, 01:16 AM posted to sci.space.policy
Brad Guth[_3_]

On Apr 29, 7:57*am, William Mook wrote:
[...]

How can we sell the better Mook way when you will not even consult
with Steven Chu, as well as when yourself and and knowledgeable
contributors like "American" can't even get along. In fact, other
than myself, who's on your A-team or at least on the Mook short list?

~ BG
Old April 30th 10, 06:00 AM posted to sci.space.policy
Brad Guth[_3_]

On Apr 29, 9:07*pm, William Mook wrote:
Reality cannot be threatened by lies. *Only the lies are at risk.
Also at risk are those who believe in them and act on the lies.
That's why China and India have managed to take over our banking
system. *They operated with clear knowledge of world affairs while
American bankers ensconced in the censorship of overseas news and
information fell easy prey to foreign banks and bankers.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Censors..._United_States

This has nothing to do with the power centers of a century and a half
ago. *It has everything to do with power centers that arose 60 years
ago, and came to dominate world affairs 30 years ago.

America is a victim of its success in carrying out its plans laid in
the 1940s and 50s in response to the development of nuclear weapons.
In any economy there are high value jobs - banking and retail, medium
value jobs - manufacturing, and low value jobs - extraction. *$1 worth
of wheat is turned into $5 worth of flour and then to $25 worth of
donuts. *Similarly, $1 worth of ore is turned into $5 worth of steel
and then to $25 worth of cutlery. *The USA exported low value jobs to
our friends, and medium value jobs to our allies, and kept all the
high value jobs for ourselves. *In this way Americans maintained a
large disparity of income with the rest of the world, and could easily
afford to support the world's most expensive military - able to
counter all the rest of the world combined. *Meanwhile, Truman with
help from Eisenhower converted the OSS into the CIA and other alphabet
soup agencies that exercised domestic and foreign intelligence
capabilities to limit the spread of nuclear weapons and the ability
and willingness to use them while also destabilizing those groups that
were identified as being against US interests. *Furthermore, since
science gave rise to these stupendous weapons and science will likely
to continue innovation in weapons, all science was brought under
Federal control and guidance while powerful weapons technology was
'born secret' and denied the usual protections of patent law and
property law. *This concept is repeated in the movie Iron Man by the
Jeff Bridges character. *Where would be be if we let people own
weapons systems like these just because they created them?

While the logic behind all of these changes in sacred American
traditions and rights is well founded, unexamined is the long term and
unintended consequences of these changes. *Exporting low-value jobs
and exclusive focus on high-value jobs changes the character of the
American citizen in ways that change their attitude toward productive
that undermine the creativity and courage of the American people. *It
is no accident for example that suicide rates skyrocketed as we
exported low wage jobs, since those who could not be successful did
not have a real alternative to creating the social proof needed to
function in society. *Meanwhile the deep connection between productive
sectors skewed investment decisions that made Americans less lean and
hungry, and set the stage for our decline as a great nation. *Not
trusting the American people to assess reality and not willing to
follow their desires, divorced the powers that be from the natural
creativity and innovation necessary to reinvent organizations so that
they avoid common mode failures. *Not trusting creators of new
technology with managing their effects diminished the rate of
technical innovation and made America dependent on the creativity of
other nations while putting us behind the curve on revolutionary
weapons development.

We will not recapture our leading role (which we could easily do under
the right circumstances) by recapturing the past, or working toward an
idealized future or even by hard work of rebuilding deteriorating
elements. *We will recapture our leading role by radical
transformation of those agencies and rules that now circumscribe us.
By killing off the CIA, NSA, DOD, and others and starting fresh with a
fresh approach to achieve the same ends while dedicating ourselves to
our ancient traditions and rights and trusting in our ability to
create solutions needed. *We do need to be safe in the nuclear age.
We are presently not being well served by the systems put in place two
generations ago. *Failure to take effective action to kill off and
reinvent these agencies means that America itself will collapse.

The USA is attempting to engineer a limited nuclear exchange between
Pakistan and India and involve China. *This will decimate Asia for
several generations and put America firmly in charge of world affairs
for generations - according to the wise guys that worry about such
things - while lowered food production will make the survivors in Asia
dependent on the USA and the Americas generally. *Argentina with a
copious fresh water supply and lots of arable land, is poised to
support tremendous growth in food output in support of Asian
survivors. *US control of this trade will help us maintain control of
world affairs and end Asian competition for resources.

This plan will backfire as US involvement is revealed and cool heads
prevail in India and Pakistan. *Meanwhile, increased negative
attention by a broader range of anti-US interests due to this
embarrassing turn of events causes several loose nukes to be detonated
in major US cities while continued dis-investment in the USA by the
world community, continues to weaken our economy. *Covert operations
by China in the USA, through control of drug trade in the USA and
access to capital, take control of an increasing number of gangs and
movements that supply ever larger quantities of drugs to the American
people, while turning Americans against one another. *In the end, the
USA is a spent force wracked by competing special interests and is
incapable of projecting power beyond its borders as its expensive
military bankrupts it.

America using its coal and water resources along with sunlight could
come to dominate the world's energy markets, which brings back
extraction in a big way and needed way.

Low cost energy spurs economic growth in America, while low cost
energy desalinates sea water on a massive scale producing low cost
fresh water. *Low cost energy also makes available low cost raw
materials needed for industry.

America using its technical capacity to create ultra-low cost green
houses and super-productive scientific farms, comes to dominate the
world's food supply.

As an exporter of the lowest cost food, energy, water and raw
materials, the US reverses the steady drain to its economy and sets
the stage for powerful economic growth.

Creating a global wireless hotspot allows the USA to dominate
communications, computing, infermation services and deliver important
services that help organize productive efforts throughout the world.
These include banking, insurance, and mediation services. *Continued
improvements in bandwidth and technical capability bring telerobotics
forward. *Factories are built in America again, to make use of the low
cost energy and raw materials created here. *Low cost labor is
imported from overseas telerobotically, while high value management
and engineering, marketing and finance, is retained in the USA. *This
restores the manufacturing sectors to the US economy.

The USA opens its secret technical libraries to qualified commercial
users in the USA with special attention to creating non-threatening
triggers for nuclear impulse propulsive units. *The USA engages in an
enhanced non-proliferation treaty and organizes the world's 2,000 tons
of weapons grade fissile materials to produce 30 million impulse
triggers to supply a fleet of 600 ships each capable of carrying
10,000 tons payload across the solar system in a matter of weeks, and
capable of capturing asteroids returning them to Earth in a few years
using the same technology and hohmann transfer orbits. * Captured
asteroids are processed on orbit telerobotically.

This space capability radically expands the ability of the USA to
support high living standards throughout the world and cements our
leadership in world affairs going forward while establishing
conditions for the successful application of democracy and free
markets world wide.

Meanwhile all industry moves off world, while Earth becomes a
residential park. *As space power develops, and efficient laser
beaming becomes practical, privately owned spacecraft, and space
stations, come to dominate and people move into Earth orbit generally
as the Earth returns to its pre-human state.

Finally, laser light sails send spacecraft to nearby stars at 1/2
light speed, including laser power satellites. *Nanotechnology and the
rise of fuly autonomous robotics radically transforms work throwing
open the resources of the universe. *Privately owned ballistic flight
systems give way to space stations converted to homes, which give way
to laser driven light sails hauling self contained ecologies from star
to star - all privately owned and operated.

Laser power satellites operating across many stars, coordinate their
operation by radio telescope, and a network of laser accelerators
coordinate their operation to collide shaped pieces of iron-56 to
collide at 1/2 light speed - and self compress to form atomic sized
black holes. *This research effort results in a better understanding
of the fundamental nature of space and time and matter while giving
humanity a new engineered product to play with. *The end result is a
new class of device, not based on atoms, but on collections of atomic
sized black holes. *These black hole dusts are assembled to create
amazing new machine systems. *These include;

* (1) black hole self replication - by manipulating zero point energy
* (2) time violating regions
* * * * superluminal travel
* * * * time travel
* * * * superluminal communications
* (3) direct conversion *of mass to energy
* (4) anti-gravity (neutrino rocket fueled by zero point energy)

The supermassive black hole at the center of the galaxy can be used to
implement some of these systems well before practical black hole dusts
are inexpensive enough to be practical. *A signal sent from anywhere
in the galaxy to the rotating black hole at the center of the galaxy,
can be focused in such a way as to circulate in the ergosphere formed
around the spinning black hole, so that it emergest well before it
arrived. *In this way communications through time is possible, as well
as instantaneous communications through space. *This allows a
communications network to be established throughout all of human space
and time - and instantaneous telepresence and telerobotics to span the
stars.

This is often called the first human civilization.

With everything that came before - prehistory

And our current affairs - terrestrial pre-history.

As soon as we achieve optical speeds we can join our signals orbiting
around the supermassive black hole within its ergosphere - and travel
bodily through time. *Automated systems attached to the first
civilizations temporal internet travel back in time and through all
dimensions of time (many worlds theory) to establish any consistent
history possible in order to maximize human happiness.

Too bad our 1 ppm worth of terrestrial biodiversity is not going to
survive long enough to appreciate any sort of Mook future where a
surplus of energy is clean and cheap. Venus on the other hand is
already there.

~ BG
Old April 30th 10, 04:13 PM posted to sci.space.policy
William Mook[_2_]

On Apr 30, 1:00*am, Brad Guth wrote:
[...]

For the past 70 years we have had the means to do whatever we wanted
in the solar system. For the past 50 years we have had the means to
bring the resources of the solar system to bear on problems we face on
Earth. We have lacked the will imagination and courage to make use of
this technology to do the right things to assure our long-term
survival.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zcy03...eature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ozkl1...eature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ODWVN0nyUyQ&NR=1

When our current global culture fails the survivors will have the
opportunity to do those things that we have failed to do, and do them
in a way to overcome any losses we create and build upon their success
and create the future that could have been ours.

These folks are having difficulty putting their effort together. I
would like to see this made.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Man_Conquers_Space

Of course there are knock-offs! Iron Sky is one of those. Rust Sky
another. Iron Sky is about NAZIs and Anti-Gravity which sort of cuts
off any discussion of really doing anything in space using real
technology.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4KEueJnsu80
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bU0CJxUPpAM

Then, there are those who knock-off the knock offs! Here's another
Iron Sky about loose nukes and soft sells the notion American
intelligence was behind the WTC attacks.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yu73C...eature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pZsgr...eature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VD2qO...eature=related

Of course, doing a movie that supports my approach to things is of
interest

http://www.youtube.com/view_play_lis...8BBE4ECC513CCB

There's wreckamovie -

http://www.wreckamovie.com/

Obama's Moon Frank Robertson Policy 0 February 9th 10 03:55 AM
Undisclosed BUSH/NASA AGENDA: Bush/Halliburton Want the Oil on Mars Scott Hedrick Policy 27 March 18th 04 05:53 AM
Undisclosed BUSH/NASA AGENDA: Bush/Halliburton Want the Oil on Mars Kent Betts History 20 March 18th 04 05:53 AM
Undisclosed BUSH/NASA AGENDA: Bush/Halliburton Want the Oil on Mars RDG History 3 March 12th 04 01:16 AM
Undisclosed BUSH/NASA AGENDA: Bush/Halliburton Want the Oil on Mars James Oberg History 1 March 10th 04 12:50 AM