"NightSky" - new magazine for beginners

Old January 16th 04, 02:35 PM
Stan Jensen

Default "NightSky" - new magazine for beginners

Someone in another group turned me onto this. It could turn out to be
a good idea to get a resurgence into the hobby.

http://nightskymag.com/
Old January 19th 04, 10:54 PM
Kelly Beatty

gang...

Stan Jensen wrote:
Someone in another group turned me onto this. It could turn out to be
a good idea to get a resurgence into the hobby.
http://nightskymag.com/

we certainly hope that will be the case! each year hundreds of
thousands of families buy telescopes, then have little clue what to do
with them. with Night Sky, we hope to change that. this will be a true
beginner's magazine, very different from both S&T and Astronomy in
approach. the emphasis will be almost exclusively on how to find
things in the sky and how to get the most out of your
telescope/binocs/eyeballs. Night Sky will be published bimonthly, and
the first issue will be May/June 2004. I hope you'll give it a look.

now I'd like to appeal to the s.a.a. crowd for an assist: we are
looking for high-quality images of people using (or setting up)
scopes, binocs, etc for stargazing. most anything on that general
theme is OK. but they do have to be well composed, well lit, high res,
etc. please send inquiries or the shots themselves to Imelda Joson
. and don't worry: we won't use the image
without your expressed permission, and we only request one-time
rights.

thanks, and clear skies!

Kelly Beatty
Editor, Night Sky