NASA Loses Another Rich Anderson Hero

Old February 9th 06, 05:47 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur

Default NASA Loses Another Rich Anderson Hero

John Steinberg quoted:

George C. Deutsch, the young presidential appointee at NASA who told
public affairs workers to limit reporters' access to a top climate
scientist and told a Web designer to add the word "theory" at every
mention of the Big Bang, resigned yesterday, agency officials said.

Mr. Deutsch's resignation came on the same day that officials at Texas
A&M University confirmed that he did not graduate from there, as his
résumé on file at the agency asserted.

Georgie, you're doing a heck of a job!

The resignation came as the National Aeronautics and Space
Administration was preparing to review its policies for communicating
science to the public.

...many agency
scientists and midlevel public affairs officials described to The New
York Times instances in which they said political pressure was applied
to limit or flavor discussions of topics uncomfortable to the Bush
administration, particularly global warming.

"As we have stated in the past, NASA is in the process of revising our
public affairs policies across the agency to ensure our commitment to
open and full communications," the statement from Mr. Acosta said.

Mr. Acosta may be dreaming. Dubya faces a real conundrum here.
Scientists are supposed to discover truths, but Dubya can't permit the
spread of truth, as truth contradicts everything he stands for. How to
allow scientists to find their irksome little truths, but ensure that
they keep them to themselves?

Dubya said he wants "to give our nation's children a firm grounding in
math and science," but he has to do it in a way that will prevent them
from disseminating, and preferably even learning, truths about the
World.

My guess is that Dubya wants to fund a huge school of mathematics and
science at Bob "God is the author of racial segregation" Jones
University.

Davoud

--
usenet *at* davidillig dawt com
Old February 9th 06, 08:26 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur

Davoud wrote:

Dubya said he wants "to give our nation's children a firm grounding in
math and science," but he has to do it in a way that will prevent them
from disseminating, and preferably even learning, truths about the
World.

You may have misheard him. I thought he said "myth and science"