Runaway Global Warming Possible!

Old March 10th 05, 12:11 AM
Vendicar Decarian

While it is completely true that the U.S. dollar under Bush has lost

about
1/3rd of it's value, it is also true that oil is priced by the U.S.

dollar.
Indeed it was the threat that Saddam would move to pricing Iraqi Oil by

the
Euro,

"Rand Simberg" wrote in message
Geez, another nutcase that believes this nonsense.

Obviously you would rather avoid your gaze.

http://www.thefinancials.com/Samples/i001731v.PDF

April 2003 Euro/USD = .85
Feb 2005 Euro/USD = 1.32

that in part prompted Bush to illegally invade that nation and murder
100,000 innocent Iraqi civilians.

"Rand Simberg" wrote in message
That didn't happen. Don't state it as though it's factual.

Hawking brands Iraq deaths a crime
MICHAEL SETTLE November 03 2004

Stephen Hawking, Britain's best-known scientist, last night branded
the 100,000 civilian deaths in Iraq a war crime.

As he made his unsual foray into politics, Geoff Hoon, the defence
secretary, told MPs the countdown to the end of the Black Watch's
30-day redeployment had begun, meaning their task will end on or by
December 2.

Professor Hawking told an event in Trafalgar Square, organised to
remember those killed in Iraq, that the conflict was based on two
lies.

"The first was we were in danger of weapons of mass destruction and
the second was Iraq was somehow to blame for September 11.

"It has been a tragedy for all the families that have lost members.
As many as 100,000 people have died, half of them women and
children. If that is not a war crime, what is?" - Hawking

The government has urged caution about the 100,000 estimate,
proffered by US scientists, because it was based not on an actual
bodycount but on extrapolation. A previous estimate was 15,000
deaths.

Hawking was among celebrities who read 5000 names of those who have
died in Iraq. The event, organised by CND and Stop the War Coalition
to coincide with the US presidential election, took place in
parallel with similar readings in 28 cities in Europe, Australia,
the US and Iraq.

Hawking, author of the best-selling A Brief History of Time and who
is wheelchair-bound with motor neurone disease, was joined by Ken
Livingstone, the London mayor, and Harold Pinter, the playwright.
At the Commons, Mr Hoon told the defence committee the Black Watch
had achieved full operational capability yesterday and he was
confident they would be back in their base within 30 days.

Asked if the Scottish soldiers would act as "ratcatchers" to
intercept insurgents as they fled Falluja, the secretary of state
replied: "Essentially, their job is to maintain stability in a
particularly defined area; precisely what they have been doing in
the south."

However, he conceded: "If there is a significant operation against
Falluja, there will be a significant change in the level of activity
in the area the Black Watch are currently occupying."

MPs expressed disbelief when Mr Hoon revealed he had met Donald
Rumsfeld, the US defence secretary, a week before the American
request for the Black Watch to redeploy but had not mentioned it.
James Cran, the Tory MP for Beverley in Yorkshire, said he was
astonished there had been no high-level political contact.

Mike Hancock, Liberal Democrat MP for Portsmouth South, asked the
minister: "Your political counterpart meets you a week before and he
does not mention it to you. We are expected to believe that? It
simply does not stack up."

Mr Hoon said there had been no formal political request, which he
stressed underlined the government's repeated contention that it was
all done through the military.

Frank Roy, the Labour MP for Motherwell and Wishaw, pressed the
secretary of state over families of Scottish troops who felt
"confused, afraid and left in the dark" over the redeployment. He
also complained Scottish families had had to pay to send parcels to
their loved ones serving in Iraq.

Elsewhere, Clarence House announced the Prince of Wales would on
Saturday meet the families of Black Watch soldiers at the regimental
barracks at Warminster in Wiltshire.

In Iraq, car bombs killed at least a dozen people in Baghdad and
Mosul as pressure mounted on Iyad Allawi, the interim prime
minister, to avoid ordering a full-scale US attack on Falluja.
Mohammed Bashar al Faidhi, a spokesman for the Association of Muslim
Scholars, said his group would organise civil disobedience and
boycott the January elections.

Old March 10th 05, 12:44 AM
Rand Simberg

On Wed, 9 Mar 2005 15:04:46 -0500, in a place far, far away, "Vendicar
Decarian" made the phosphor on my monitor glow in such a
way as to indicate that:

Old March 10th 05, 03:50 AM
Rand Simberg

On Wed, 9 Mar 2005 19:11:42 -0500, in a place far, far away, "Vendicar
Decarian" made the phosphor on my monitor glow in such a
way as to indicate that:

Indeed it was the threat that Saddam would move to pricing Iraqi Oil by

the
Euro,

"Rand Simberg" wrote in message
Geez, another nutcase that believes this nonsense.

Obviously you would rather avoid your gaze.

No, obviously I'd like to live in a real world, rather than a fantasy
one.

that in part prompted Bush to illegally invade that nation and murder
100,000 innocent Iraqi civilians.

"Rand Simberg" wrote in message
That didn't happen. Don't state it as though it's factual.

Hawking brands Iraq deaths a crime

long trollish post snipped

Yes, whenever I want commentary on the latest current events, I go to
a clueless physicist.
Old March 10th 05, 04:56 AM
Platopes

Rand Simberg wrote:
On Wed, 9 Mar 2005 19:54:23 -0500, in a place far, far away,

"Vendicar
Decarian" made the phosphor on my monitor glow in such

way as to indicate that:

"Rand Simberg" wrote in message
Yes, that's why he wasted so much time working to get resolutions
passed, and sent Colin Powell to work for it,

This would be the Colon Powell who went to the U.N. and spent 1.5

hours
telling lie after lie about Iraq, and eventually having to resort to

holding
up fake viles of anthrax, and cartoons showing artists conceptions

of what
the he claimed Saddam had?

No.

The other one.

Old March 16th 05, 04:46 PM
Greg Kuperberg

Rand Simberg wrote:
I'm not a "Clinton hater."

As you said befo

For eight long years, whenever I objected to the co-Presidents using
the Constitution for toilet paper, or using their office for the
personal aggrandizement and power of themselves and their cronies,
and moving their little Dixie Mafia from Little Rock to Washington,
I was dubbed a "Clinton hater."

We may disagree with the Mafia, and we may criticize the Mafia, but we
don't *hate* the Mafia. Granted, the Mafia may murder, kidnap, steal,
smuggle, and terrorize, but "hate" is a very strong word. It's a word
that you shouldn't just toss around, unlike the word "Mafia".

I'm just someone who's not a Clinton koolaid drinker

We may disagree with Jim Jones, we may criticize Jim Jones, but we don't
*hate* Jim Jones...

--
/\ Greg Kuperberg (UC Davis)
/ \ Home page: http://www.math.ucdavis.edu/~greg/
Old March 16th 05, 05:47 PM
Greg Kuperberg

Rand Simberg wrote:
I don't, in fact, hate the Mafia, Dixie or otherwise.

Hate seems to be an extreme emotion that leftists
tend to feel, and project on others. I didn't hate Ted Bundy, either.

We hate those who want to kill.
- George W. Bush
http://www.whitehouse.gov/news/relea...020521-11.html

I hate Microsoft.
- Rand Simberg http://www.transterrestrial.com/archives/000511.html

I can see that you don't hate sanctimony.

Old March 16th 05, 09:02 PM
Rand Simberg

On Wed, 16 Mar 2005 17:47:22 +0000 (UTC), in a place far, far away,
(Greg Kuperberg) made the phosphor on my monitor
glow in such a way as to indicate that:

I don't, in fact, hate the Mafia, Dixie or otherwise.

Hate seems to be an extreme emotion that leftists
tend to feel, and project on others. I didn't hate Ted Bundy, either.

We hate those who want to kill.
- George W. Bush
http://www.whitehouse.gov/news/relea...020521-11.html

I'm George Bush? Who knew?

I hate Microsoft.
- Rand Simberg http://www.transterrestrial.com/archives/000511.html

I was joking.

I can see that you don't hate sanctimony.

And I see that you don't hate making a fool of yourself on Usenet, or
wasting time cyberstalking me for out-of-context quotes. Don't you
have a life?
Old March 17th 05, 03:52 AM
Alain Fournier

Rand Simberg wrote:

On Wed, 16 Mar 2005 17:47:22 +0000 (UTC), in a place far, far away,
(Greg Kuperberg) made the phosphor on my monitor
glow in such a way as to indicate that:

I don't, in fact, hate the Mafia, Dixie or otherwise.

Hate seems to be an extreme emotion that leftists
tend to feel, and project on others. I didn't hate Ted Bundy, either.

We hate those who want to kill.
- George W. Bush
http://www.whitehouse.gov/news/relea...020521-11.html

I'm George Bush? Who knew?

Having problem with english comprehension again?
Or do you think you are the only one to not be a leftist?

Alain Fournier

Old March 17th 05, 04:14 AM
Rand Simberg

On Wed, 16 Mar 2005 19:52:50 -0800, in a place far, far away, Alain
Fournier made the phosphor on my monitor glow
in such a way as to indicate that:

Hate seems to be an extreme emotion that leftists
tend to feel, and project on others. I didn't hate Ted Bundy, either.

We hate those who want to kill.
- George W. Bush
http://www.whitehouse.gov/news/relea...020521-11.html

I'm George Bush? Who knew?

Having problem with english comprehension again?
Or do you think you are the only one to not be a leftist?

No, many people aren't leftists, who are also not George Bush. Also,
I never stated that only leftists feel hate. Many on the "right"
(whatever the heck that means) do to. As does, apparently, at least
occasionally, George Bush.

Apparently, you still need to work on that logic thing.