A Couple of Dumb Dew-Heater Questions

Old January 25th 04, 02:25 AM
Craig Levine

Default A Couple of Dumb Dew-Heater Questions

Hi all,

I just received my Thousand Oaks "Digital Dew Heater"
(http://www.thousandoaksoptical.com/newproducts.html)

Here are my questions: 1.) Can I use a standard mono speaker cable
with an RCA connector to connect it to the dew-zapper strip inside the
dew-shield that came with my refractor?

2.) I also received the 2"x2" Telrad heater band from Thousand Oaks.
Where in the heck do I connect it to the Telrad? I have the Telrad dew
shield, so for now I suppose that I could just stuff it underneath,
but that's inconvenient. I could sell it and buy a better solution at
http://www.focuser.com/cgi-bin/dstore.cgi?product=TH1, but since I
have it, It would be nice to try it - mounted properly, that is.

Thanks for your indulgance,

- Craig

Craig Levine
Observing Chairman