another site with digital SLR astrophotography

Old November 18th 03, 03:04 PM
Ray Porter

Default another site with digital SLR astrophotography

Here's another site with some very impressive Canon D60 (and I think some
10D) images. After yesterday's discussion of the merits of digital SLRs for
astro imaging, I thought some folks might want to see another batch of
examples.

http://panther-observatory.com/

Ray Porter

Meddle not in the affairs of dragons
for thou art crunchy and taste good with ketchup

Old November 18th 03, 03:55 PM
Al

"Ray Porter" wrote in message
Here's another site with some very impressive Canon D60 (and I think some
10D) images. After yesterday's discussion of the merits of digital SLRs

for
astro imaging, I thought some folks might want to see another batch of
examples.

http://panther-observatory.com/

Ray Porter

Well, Ray, you hooked a number of people and I'm one of them. Until
yesterday, I was thinking of waiting for the price of these cameras to come
down, but it's no fun to wait. So, I'm selling my Starlight Xpress and I'm
buying a 10D. Hope the household purser doesn't catch me.

Al

Old November 18th 03, 03:58 PM
macnmotion

Hi Ray. That's not just "another" site, it's the premiere site. Johannes
is setting the bar for us digital SLR users. Everyone in the community
should spend some time at his site.

macnmotion

Old November 18th 03, 04:08 PM
Ray Porter

"Al" wrote in message
t...

Well, Ray, you hooked a number of people and I'm one of them. Until
yesterday, I was thinking of waiting for the price of these cameras to

come
down, but it's no fun to wait. So, I'm selling my Starlight Xpress and

I'm
buying a 10D. Hope the household purser doesn't catch me.

Al

Have fun, Al. I wish I had something I could sell to get one of these
cameras. My CFO has already nixed the idea for the time being. Oh well,
maybe next year.

Ray