Runaway Global Warming Possible!

Old January 26th 05, 09:00 PM
Thomas Lee Elifritz

Default Runaway Global Warming Possible!

January 26, 2005

http://www.nature.com/news/2005/0501...050124-10.html

http://www.newscientist.com/article.ns?id=dn6934

http://www.reuters.com/newsArticle.j...toryID=7440023

http://www.physorg.com/news2831.html

http://www.climateprediction.net

Thomas Lee Elifritz
http://elifritz.members.atlantic.net

Old January 26th 05, 10:04 PM
Uncle Al

Thomas Lee Elifritz wrote:
[snip crap]

Tell it to New England.

--
Uncle Al
http://www.mazepath.com/uncleal/
Old January 27th 05, 06:09 AM
Mike Rhino

"Uncle Al" wrote in message
Thomas Lee Elifritz wrote:
[snip crap]

Tell it to New England.

There is a difference between amount of snow and temperature. Lots of snow
does not contradict global warming. It's just one place and one week. The
overall average temperature could still go up.

Old January 27th 05, 04:32 PM
The Ancient One

"Mike Rhino" wrote in message
news
"Uncle Al" wrote in message
Thomas Lee Elifritz wrote:
[snip crap]

Tell it to New England.

There is a difference between amount of snow and temperature. Lots of
snow
does not contradict global warming. It's just one place and one week.
The
overall average temperature could still go up.

This was the first year since record keeping began in 1870 that Indianapolis
made it through the entire year without reaching 90F even once. ;-)

Old January 27th 05, 05:21 PM
maison.mousse

Harold Brooks a écrit dans le message ...
In article ,
says...

"Mike Rhino" wrote in message
news
"Uncle Al" wrote in message
Thomas Lee Elifritz wrote:
[snip crap]

Tell it to New England.

There is a difference between amount of snow and temperature. Lots of
snow
does not contradict global warming. It's just one place and one week.
The
overall average temperature could still go up.

This was the first year since record keeping began in 1870 that

Indianapolis
made it through the entire year without reaching 90F even once. ;-)

And still managed to average 1 F above normal for the year.
--
Harold Brooks
hebrooks87 hotmail.com

http://vortex.nsstc.uah.edu/data/msu/t2lt/tltglhmam_5.1
http://climate.uah.edu/dec2004.htm
http://www.ncdc.noaa.gov/img/climate...ing/ipcc12.gif
http://www.ncdc.noaa.gov/img/climate...rat2001_pg.gif
http://wwwagwx.ca.uky.edu/all_ky_temp.txt
http://www.co2science.org
http://www.sepp.org/scirsrch/EOS1999.html
http://www.john-daly.com/stations/inuvik.gif
http://www.john-daly.com/stations/fairbnk1.gif
http://www.john-daly.com/stations/cet-1659.gif
http://www.john-daly.com/stations/de-bilt.gif

Old January 27th 05, 05:37 PM
oğin

This was the first year since record keeping began in 1870 that
Indianapolis
made it through the entire year without reaching 90F even once. ;-)

And still managed to average 1 F above normal for the year.

What is normal for the year?

Old January 28th 05, 02:11 AM
Terrell Miller

Harold Brooks wrote:

This was the first year since record keeping began in 1870 that Indianapolis
made it through the entire year without reaching 90F even once. ;-)

And still managed to average 1 F above normal for the year.

anecdotal evidence: the last few summers in Atlanta have been much
milder than normal. Typically we get upper-80s to 100s during late July
- mid September. I thing last summer there were only about five days
where it was above 90F.

But the winters have been much milder than usual too, even for Georgia
standards. Most of the time we get highs in the 40s most of the winter,
with a few weeks of 50s and for some reason it always gets into the 60s
right around New Year's (I think it's because that's when the Earth has
"reversed course" and the Northern hemisphere is now suddenly moving
back towards the equator, I have a sneaking suspicion that screws with
the jet stream). And we always get a couple weeks of *real* cold
weather, down near or below 0F.

But the last few years that hasn't happened. We get a lot of 50F,
several weeks of 60F, and only a few days of really cold stuff.

Like someone else said: if that's global warming I'm all for it. Milder
summers and lots of absolutely perfect winter days, with just enough
extreme temps to make things interesting.

--
Terrell Miller

"Every gardener knows nature's random cruelty"
-Paul Simon George Harrison
Old January 27th 05, 01:31 PM
Lloyd Parker

"The Ancient One" wrote:

"Mike Rhino" wrote in message
news
"Uncle Al" wrote in message
Thomas Lee Elifritz wrote:
[snip crap]

Tell it to New England.

There is a difference between amount of snow and temperature. Lots of
snow
does not contradict global warming. It's just one place and one week.
The
overall average temperature could still go up.

This was the first year since record keeping began in 1870 that

Indianapolis
made it through the entire year without reaching 90F even once. ;-)

So Indianapolis is now the entire globe? Wow.