Astro ---- Telescope for Sale ---

Old July 30th 04, 07:56 PM
Larry

Default Astro ---- Telescope for Sale ---

I have a Celestron C8 Super Polaris Telescope for sale, German EQ mount, wooden tripod,
8 x 50 Finder Scope
Polar Alignment Scope
Trunk Style Carrying Case
Meade 26mm Super Plossil Eyepiece
R/A Drive Motor
120 Volt heater for corrector plate for keeping dew from forming
Celestron Dewshield
Original Manuals

I bought this telescope in 1991 and it is an excellent scope. The optical tube and equatorial mount are in excellent condition, the wooden tripod is in good condition but the legs have a few scratches from all the years of use and moving it from one observing site to another.

I am selling the telescope because I can no longer go out observing because of medical problems so I no longer have a use for it.

I am asking $400.00 U.S. currency for everything mentioned above and that the buyer pays shipping and handling. I live in Jacksonville, FL, United States. Serious inquiries can reach me at the following email address

I have photos that I can email anyone who wants to see the setup drop me a line at the above mentioned email address.

Clear Skies to everyone!

Larry

Old July 31st 04, 06:51 AM
Szaki

You can get more than that for your set-up! About $600-$700 or more.
Post it on ebay, I seen a few similar se-up sold there. Do a historical search.
People looking for good items, too many junk there.

JS

Old July 31st 04, 01:23 PM
Jon Isaacs

I already offered him more!!!

Chas P.

So is that a local pickup for you?

jon
Old August 1st 04, 04:44 PM
Mark Dunn

I think plenty of UK amateurs would bite your hand off at that price, even
with shipping. Szaki is bang on. It WILL go on ebay. I've even sold back
issues of photo magazines there. You'd be surprised.

Old August 2nd 04, 01:38 AM
Larry

Howdy,

This is Larry, the owner of the 8" SCT for sale. I thought that I have
offered a good deal to anyone who may want a nice telescope. Yes, I want
the money up front, can anyone blame me? However, I understand the other
side of the buyer sending the money in he/she may not get the merchandise.
It's a shame that there is no trust now days with everything going on. I
don't blame the buyer for not wanting to send the money first but that is my
condition.

The person in Tampa that wanted it, I talked to him on the phone and
even told him if he wants to give me 1/2 now and the other 1/2 when he gets
the scope I would go for that but I guess that was not good enough.
I understand how he feels I have been ripped off myself and it's no fun !!

I live in Jacksonville, FL and will try to sell it locally but I thought
that posting it on the news group I would get better results. I will see if
I can sell it here in JAX, FL. I dont like EBAY or Astromart.

For those of you that may be reading this and don't know the specifics of
what I am selling, here it is:

Celestron C8 Super Polaris Telescope for sale, German EQ mount, wooden
tripod,
8 x 50 Finder Scope (right angle) eyepiece
Polar Alignment Scope
Trunk Style Carrying Case
Meade 26mm Super Plossil Eyepiece
R/A Drive Motor
12 Volt rearcell Electric Focuser
120 Volt heater for corrector plate for keeping dew from forming
Celestron Dewshield
Original Manuals

I can be reached at

Larry

Subject: Astro ---- Telescope for Sale ---
From: "Mark Dunn"

Date: 8/1/2004 11:44 AM Eastern Daylight Time

I think plenty of UK amateurs would bite your hand off at that price,

even
with shipping. Szaki is bang on. It WILL go on ebay. I've even sold back
issues of photo magazines there. You'd be surprised.

*******************************
I was gonna buy it, but the guy wanted the money up front, and would not

do a
COD!

So i said no thanks, Astromart is much more safe!!!

Chas P.

Taking the Telescope to Tahoe - A Followup Edward Smith Amateur Astronomy 2 February 22nd 04 10:43 AM
Infrared Space Telescope Returns First Images, Gets New Name Ron Baalke History 1 December 19th 03 09:10 AM
Gordon and Betty Moore Foundation Awards $17.5 Million For Thirty-Meter Telescope Plans Ron Baalke Science 0 October 18th 03 01:08 AM
Old Caltech Telescope Yields New Titan Science Ron Baalke Science 0 September 23rd 03 05:50 AM
A tale of a small telescope. Chuck Simmons Amateur Astronomy 13 August 10th 03 09:51 PM