i am looking into joining the telescoping community

Old June 22nd 03, 01:31 PM
Stuart Turrell

Default i am looking into joining the telescoping community

i am going to buy a telescope over the next month and when i am out in the
evenings looking at the sky, it would be nice to communicate with others so
we can both look at the same areas if needed.

I live on the isle of Wight (south of UK).

Is there some way i can talk with other people through CB or something that
is around a 30 miles radius or something of me?

Is there a netowrk already going of this?

Stuart

Old June 22nd 03, 04:51 PM
Dave Barlow

During a perfect moment of peace at Sun, 22 Jun 2003 12:31:40 +0000
(UTC), "Stuart Turrell" interrupted with:

i am going to buy a telescope over the next month

snip
I live on the isle of Wight (south of UK).

snip
around a 30 miles radius or something of me?

Stuart

Two things,

Try news:\\uk.sci.astro and do a web search on
http://www.google.com/search?q=hamps...omical+society.

There are astro clubs all over Hampshire and Sussex. The Net is
probably a better medium for finding them.
Old June 22nd 03, 08:21 PM
John Carruthers

Hi Stuart, I believe your local AS is the Vectis AS, they have their
own observatory down there somewhere.
jc

---