More test with Fuji Provia

Old February 1st 04, 02:39 AM
Jose Suro

Default More test with Fuji Provia

Hi All,

These are some tests I've been doing on my NexStar 11 with the Denkmeier F5
Star Sweeper and Fuji Provia 100F and 400F at prime focus. The first image
is of the full Moon at approximately F6 with Fuji Provia 100F. The second
image is a stack of 3 short exposures (2-20 seconds and 1-15 seconds) of
M42, also around F6, using Fuji Provia 400F pushed 1 stop.

Both images were processed in Images Plus and PhotShop CS and are the full
35mm frame.

Moon:
http://web.tampabay.rr.com/jsuro/14_...n-12072003.htm

M42:
http://web.tampabay.rr.com/jsuro/m42_filml_01112004.htm

I also did a test for vignetting of the Denkmeier reducer. I shot a "flat"
using the reducer and then compared the raw "light image" result from the
the same night. The results are he

http://web.tampabay.rr.com/jsuro/misc.htm

Although there is vignetting in the "flat" it seems to dissappear in the
"light" image - weird.

Take Care,

JAS

Old February 1st 04, 02:53 AM
Chuck

Hi Jose, you're still working alt/az correct? Also do you have your
starsweeper screwed into the front of the AP 35mm adapter? Thanks ... My
OM-1 should be ready in a week or two and I'm anxious to start ...

. com...

Old February 1st 04, 03:38 AM
Jose Suro

Hi Chuck,

You're correct on both points. I'm still in Alt/Az mode hopefully waiting on
the APT wedge on 2/5 and yes, the StarSweeper is screwed in on the front of
the AP adapter - no diagonal. I also had a Baader Moon and Skyglow filter in
front of the SS.

Take Care,

JAS