First Moonwalk? A Russian Perspective

Old January 30th 04, 10:47 PM
Rudolph_X

Default First Moonwalk? A Russian Perspective

Would you believe it? According to the Russians, Neil Armstrong was not
the first man to walk on the moon. Indeed, they claim that it was
Michael Jackson who truly was the first American to do a moonwalk.

Here's an article from Pravda that gives a Russian perspective.

-http://english.pravda.ru/mailbox/22/...928_space.html

"One cosmonaut who was sent in far outer space reportedly experienced
the Van Allen Belts harmful effects firsthand. According to various
sources, while he left white, he came back black; he was cooked to a
crisp due to the harmful radiation. This was despite heavy shielding to
dissipate any rays, which did no good. Those who knew about this
incident were reportedly devastated."

Old January 30th 04, 11:21 PM
Carl R. Osterwald

In article , Rudolph_X
wrote:

Would you believe it? According to the Russians, Neil Armstrong was not
the first man to walk on the moon. Indeed, they claim that it was
Michael Jackson who truly was the first American to do a moonwalk.

Here's an article from Pravda that gives a Russian perspective.

-http://english.pravda.ru/mailbox/22/...928_space.html

"One cosmonaut who was sent in far outer space reportedly experienced
the Van Allen Belts harmful effects firsthand. According to various
sources, while he left white, he came back black; he was cooked to a
crisp due to the harmful radiation. This was despite heavy shielding to
dissipate any rays, which did no good. Those who knew about this
incident were reportedly devastated."

You didn't read this article very well; all it does is hint at the same
nonsense the moon hoax kooks claim. And note the lack of a reference
or even just a mission number for this vague story about the Van Allen
belts: "reportedly". Here was another clue about the veracity of the
author of this article that you missed: "it would be approximately a
20-day journey each way, provided there were no problems".

-=-=-=-=-
Old January 30th 04, 11:52 PM
Rudolph_X

Carl R. Osterwald wrote:

In article , Rudolph_X
wrote:

[...]

Yeah, I thought it was good for a laugh. But, what about the moon dust
that was being kicked up while they were supposedly romping on the lunar
surface? Reportedly, it fell back on to the ground at the same rate that
it would here on earth, despite the differences in gravity and
atmospherics. Doesn't that defy the laws of Physics?

The Michael Jackson moonwalk reference ought to have told you right off
that the post was made as a joke, but instead of settling for a good
laugh, and leaving it at that, some folks just want to start an argument...

Let's just hope, we don't get fooled again.

Old January 31st 04, 01:06 AM
Carl R. Osterwald

In article , Rudolph_X
wrote:

Carl R. Osterwald wrote:

In article , Rudolph_X
wrote:

[...]

Show some real data for this and people will discuss it. As for the
other dust stuff the hoaxers dredge up:

http://www.clavius.org/gravdust.html

-=-=-=-=-
Old January 31st 04, 01:18 AM
OG

"Rudolph_X" wrote in message
Would you believe it? According to the Russians, Neil Armstrong was not
the first man to walk on the moon. Indeed, they claim that it was
Michael Jackson who truly was the first American to do a moonwalk.

Here's an article from Pravda that gives a Russian perspective.

-http://english.pravda.ru/mailbox/22/...928_space.html

the '.ru' is clearly intended to make you think this is a genuine Pravda
/russian website, but I'm very sceptical - and so should you be.

Old January 31st 04, 03:40 AM
Tom McDonald

Astronaut wrote: [Well, no, he didn't; Daniel Joseph Min, one of
the greatest chicken-**** idiots on the web did.]

This is an excellent article...I've quoted it verbatim:

[begin quote http://english.pravda.ru/mailbox/22/...28_space.html]
"Russia Continues to Surpass Americans in the
Space Race 01/30/2004 16:55

snip

While I'm not familiar with how fast the
rockets were, traveling at 1,200 miles per hour,
it would be approximately a 20-day journey each
way, provided there were no problems. Even at 2-3
times that speed, it would still be a difficult
journey. The amount of fuel required would be
staggering, with the added weight of people, food,
air, supplies, etc. Yet somehow, these rockets
managed to go much, much faster in a zero
atmosphere with nothing with which to propel?

I can say without fear of rational contradiction that the whole
article (save for some accurate historical bits) is fully the
equal of this snippet in terms of insight, scientific knowledge
and reason.

NASA will be so pleased to know that they really only have to
get their rockets to 1,200 miles per hour to leave earth orbit.

OTOH, the USAF and USN will have to put governors on their
fighters, lest they reach escape velocity.

We must certainly give Min credit for bringing this to our
attention, and saving lots of headaches in our aero-space concerns.

snip

Tom McDonald

Old January 31st 04, 03:46 AM
Tito Abao

Parkes in New South Wales stands the pride and joy of Australian
astronomy,

To all you folks who believe the Moon Landing never happened I refer
you to the story of the Parkes, New South Wales Dish doc-drama. Those
lads lied to NASA about having the Moon Lander.......one of the tech
goofed and they had to scramble to get it back.....but, they didn't
tell NASA they lost the Lander. I not sure of all the details but, if
those lads had not found the Lander for some technical reasons I don't
get...the Lander would have been lost in space....i.e.....no TV
pictures would have been available to the world at that historic
moment.

If it wasn't there HOW DID THEY FIND IT???

QED

TA
Old January 31st 04, 05:05 AM
Carl R. Osterwald

In article , Tito Abao
wrote:

To all you folks who believe the Moon Landing never happened I refer
you to the story of the Parkes, New South Wales Dish doc-drama. Those
lads lied to NASA about having the Moon Lander.......one of the tech
goofed and they had to scramble to get it back.....but, they didn't
tell NASA they lost the Lander. I not sure of all the details but, if
those lads had not found the Lander for some technical reasons I don't
get...the Lander would have been lost in space....i.e.....no TV
pictures would have been available to the world at that historic
moment.

If it wasn't there HOW DID THEY FIND IT???

Huh? I read this 3x and still couldn't decipher any meaning.

-=-=-=-=-

Official AFA-B Bully and Gummint Disinformation Agent
Old January 31st 04, 05:21 AM
\\The Commentator//

Tito Abao wrote:

Parkes in New South Wales stands the pride and joy of Australian
astronomy,

To all you folks who believe the Moon Landing never happened I refer
you to the story of the Parkes, New South Wales Dish doc-drama. Those
lads lied to NASA about having the Moon Lander.......one of the tech
goofed and they had to scramble to get it back.....but, they didn't
tell NASA they lost the Lander. I not sure of all the details but, if
those lads had not found the Lander for some technical reasons I don't
get...the Lander would have been lost in space....i.e.....no TV
pictures would have been available to the world at that historic
moment.

If it wasn't there HOW DID THEY FIND IT???

QED

TA

What the hell are you trying to say?
Old January 31st 04, 05:34 AM
Tom McDonald

\The Commentator// wrote:

Tito Abao wrote:

Parkes in New South Wales stands the pride and joy of Australian
astronomy,

To all you folks who believe the Moon Landing never happened I refer
you to the story of the Parkes, New South Wales Dish doc-drama. Those
lads lied to NASA about having the Moon Lander.......one of the tech
goofed and they had to scramble to get it back.....but, they didn't
tell NASA they lost the Lander. I not sure of all the details but, if
those lads had not found the Lander for some technical reasons I don't
get...the Lander would have been lost in space....i.e.....no TV
pictures would have been available to the world at that historic
moment.

If it wasn't there HOW DID THEY FIND IT???

QED

TA

What the hell are you trying to say?

I read this as talking about a radio telescope in Oz that was
part of the network used to communicate with the Apollo
astronauts. It sounds as though this fellow is saying that they
lost lock on the lander at some point, and had to scan to find it
again. If I read this right, he seems to be saying that this
occurred just before the time some interesting event was to
happen (? landing; ? first step on the Moon?).

Just my guess.

Tom McDonald