Need help with a rocket motor ID

Old February 2nd 07, 11:27 PM posted to sci.space.history
Dave Kearton

Default Need help with a rocket motor ID

I've just received a few pics of a small rocket motor, from a friend of
mine.

It's about 2Kg and about 45cm long with a 10cm wide nozzle. It's a
liquid fuel motor and doesn't look like it has any electrical connections.

We're all guessing it could be some form of reaction nozzle for (maybe) a
Gemini or Apollo capsule.

I've posted pics to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation

I'd appreciate any advice on the subject.

--

Cheers

Dave Kearton

Old February 3rd 07, 10:50 AM posted to sci.space.history
OM[_4_]

On Sat, 3 Feb 2007 09:57:39 +1030, "Dave Kearton"
wrote:

I've posted pics to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation

....And you didn't post forwarding links here?

Bah. Do your own research then :-P

OM
--
]=====================================[
] Let's face it: Sometimes you *need* [
Old February 3rd 07, 01:40 PM posted to sci.space.history
Dave Kearton

wrote:

I've posted pics to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation

...And you didn't post forwarding links here?

Bah. Do your own research then :-P

OM
--
]=====================================[
] Let's face it: Sometimes you *need* [
] an obnoxious opinion in your day! [
]=====================================[

Don't worry, we've worked it out without you.

--

Dave Kearton

Old February 3rd 07, 06:09 PM posted to sci.space.history
Jim[_8_]

--
wrote:

I've posted pics to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation

...And you didn't post forwarding links here?

Bah. Do your own research then :-P

OM
--
]=====================================[
] Let's face it: Sometimes you *need* [
] an obnoxious opinion in your day! [
]=====================================[

Don't worry, we've worked it out without you.

Now now Dave, we have to play nice. And OM don't make me come back there!!
;-)
Jim in Houston
oSpAm
Nurse's creed: Fill what's empty, empty what's full, and scratch where it
itches!!

Old February 3rd 07, 09:23 PM posted to sci.space.history
Pat Flannery

Dave Kearton wrote:

Don't worry, we've worked it out without you.

I went over and looked at the photos...what exactly did it end up being?
Was it Australian, as some suspected?

Pat
Old February 4th 07, 01:52 AM posted to sci.space.history
OM[_4_]

On Sun, 4 Feb 2007 00:10:12 +1030, "Dave Kearton"
wrote:

Don't worry, we've worked it out without you.

....Hey, I made a valid point. Rather than having those of us do a
complete header load and search, posting a link to the image and/or an
indexing number that you see in the header would have probably gotten
more response from us than just saying "uh, well, I posted it over
here, so go look for it." That's right up there with "Can you help me
find my dog? I have no idea where I left him last week!"

OM
--
]=====================================[
Old February 4th 07, 03:14 AM posted to sci.space.history
Henry Spencer

In article ,
OM wrote:
Don't worry, we've worked it out without you.

...Hey, I made a valid point. Rather than having those of us do a
complete header load and search, posting a link to the image and/or an
indexing number that you see in the header would have probably gotten
more response from us than just saying "uh, well, I posted it over
here, so go look for it." ...

Obnoxious though OM can be at times, he does indeed have a point here.
I read the original posting and thought: "He wants me to look at these
photos but can't be bothered to supply a URL to them so I can find them
easily? Forget it." And did so.
Old February 4th 07, 05:05 AM posted to sci.space.history
Pat Flannery

OM wrote:
...Hey, I made a valid point. Rather than having those of us do a
complete header load and search, posting a link to the image and/or an
indexing number that you see in the header would have probably gotten
more response from us than just saying "uh, well, I posted it over
here, so go look for it." That's right up there with "Can you help me
find my dog? I have no idea where I left him last week!"

That's true: I had to subscribe to the newsgroup, hunt down his messages
to find the photos, and then view them...before unsubscribing from the
newsgroup.
If he'd posted a direct link to the photos, I'll bet everyone would have
had a lot of fun figuring out what it was.

Pat
Old February 4th 07, 06:50 AM posted to sci.space.history
Pat Flannery

Henry Spencer wrote:
Obnoxious though OM can be at times, he does indeed have a point here.
I read the original posting and thought: "He wants me to look at these
photos but can't be bothered to supply a URL to them so I can find them
easily? Forget it." And did so.

It's a weird engine; it uses a spiral cooling coil down the interior of
the combustion chamber, and looks like something out of the XLR-11
period of time.

Pat
Old February 4th 07, 08:15 PM posted to sci.space.history
Jim

wrote:

Don't worry, we've worked it out without you.

...Hey, I made a valid point. Rather than having those of us do a
complete header load and search, posting a link to the image and/or an
indexing number that you see in the header would have probably gotten
more response from us than just saying "uh, well, I posted it over
here, so go look for it." That's right up there with "Can you help me
find my dog? I have no idea where I left him last week!"

OM

I know, my son is constantly doing the "do yo know where MY shoes
are"? Drives me frakin' nuts!