(slight flamage) How many HST servicing missions for $US87 billion?

Old January 18th 04, 05:27 PM
Scott Lowther

Mike Flugennock wrote:

...President Monkey Boy ...

Kucinich?

--
Scott Lowther, Engineer
Remove the obvious (capitalized) anti-spam
gibberish from the reply-to e-mail address
Old January 18th 04, 10:47 PM
Andrew Gray

In article , Scott Lowther wrote:
Mike Flugennock wrote:

...President Monkey Boy ...

Kucinich?

I have to admit, I like the idea of a Kucinich adminstration... simply
for the sight of about fifty million heads exploding in disbelief come
November :-)

--
-Andrew Gray

Old January 18th 04, 11:41 PM
Scott Lowther

Mike Flugennock wrote:

...President Monkey Boy ...

Kucinich?

I have to admit, I like the idea of a Kucinich adminstration... simply
for the sight of about fifty million heads exploding in disbelief come
November :-)

That, and we'd finally to to rest the notion that states are not allowed
to secceed from the Union...

It'd be interesting to watch President Kucinich of the United States Of
Washington D.C. try to explain what the hell happened...

Old January 19th 04, 12:28 AM
Scott Hedrick

"Andrew Gray" wrote in message
. .. I have to admit, I
like the idea of a Kucinich adminstration... simply
for the sight of about fifty million heads exploding in disbelief come
November :-)

Weekly World News, week of November 14, 2004:

"Proof Satan Exists: Seen in line at Home Depot buying space heaters!"

Old January 19th 04, 12:35 AM
Dale

On Sun, 18 Jan 2004 23:41:32 GMT, Scott Lowther
wrote:

That, and we'd finally to to rest the notion that states are not allowed
to secceed from the Union...

It'd be interesting to watch President Kucinich of the United States Of
Washington D.C. try to explain what the hell happened...

Nah, I don't think most Americans are such "fair weather" partriots that
they'd even consider renouncing their citizenship just because their guy
didn't win the Presidency in the latest election...

Dale
Old January 19th 04, 03:50 PM
Henry Spencer

Mike Flugennock wrote:
Welcome to the post-Columbia world of "perfect safety".

Yes, I caught that at Spaceflight Now. They've made a lot of horrible
decisions regarding flight safety recently, and by people trying to do it
on the cheap, but I wonder if trying to be "perfectly safe" is going to
make things nearly impossible.

As I've noted elsewhere, I think the "perfect safety" business is just a
handy excuse this time, the same way "improved safety" was a convenient
excuse to kill Shuttle-Centaur (a project that JSC hated). The real issue
here is the prospect of a never-ending series of requests for Hubble
funding extensions, further servicing flights, etc., and the opportunity
to kill that whole series with one blow by declaring further visits
impossible. The demise of the *planned* servicing flight is just
collateral damage from that preemptive strike.

(And as with Shuttle-Centaur, the excuse is not *entirely* fabricated --
the issue is real, even it's being exaggerated to serve a hidden agenda.)
--
MOST launched 30 June; science observations running | Henry Spencer
since Oct; first surprises seen; papers pending. |