Good luck Cassini!

Old July 1st 04, 03:37 AM
Bruce Palmer

Default Good luck Cassini!

Get us into orbit out there....

--
bp
Proud Member of the Human O-Ring Society Since 2003
Old July 1st 04, 03:48 AM
OM

On Thu, 01 Jul 2004 02:37:24 GMT, Bruce Palmer
wrote:

Get us into orbit out there....

....As I'm doing some updates for .history and .policy for those who
can't get the feeds, I should note that apparently Ah-Nuld isn't
showing up for this one just yet. Probably too busy putting poor dogs
in the pound to sleep(*) before they've had a decent chance to get
adopted.

(*) So far, the only thing I've ever condemned the big guy for except
for not lowering his price enough to allow "I Am Legend" to finally be
given a serious treatment....

OM

- General George S. Patton, Jr
Old July 1st 04, 05:15 AM
Bruce Palmer

wrote:

Get us into orbit out there....

...As I'm doing some updates for .history and .policy for those who
can't get the feeds, I should note that apparently Ah-Nuld isn't
showing up for this one just yet. Probably too busy putting poor dogs
in the pound to sleep(*) before they've had a decent chance to get
adopted.

(*) So far, the only thing I've ever condemned the big guy for except
for not lowering his price enough to allow "I Am Legend" to finally be
given a serious treatment....

Schweeeeet! Welcome to Saturn.

Old July 1st 04, 05:22 AM
OM

On Thu, 01 Jul 2004 04:15:00 GMT, Bruce Palmer
wrote:

Schweeeeet! Welcome to Saturn.

....and considering that my signature's one of those sent to Saturn on
Cassini, that's got a bit of a personal meaning to me as well!
Hoo-RAH!

OM

- General George S. Patton, Jr
Old July 1st 04, 06:02 AM
Bruce Palmer

wrote:

Schweeeeet! Welcome to Saturn.

...and considering that my signature's one of those sent to Saturn on
Cassini, that's got a bit of a personal meaning to me as well!
Hoo-RAH!

Mine too. I wonder if there are any other Human O-Rings of Saturn out
there.

Old July 1st 04, 07:45 AM
Pat Flannery

Bruce Palmer wrote:

Schweeeeet! Welcome to Saturn.

Boy, am I ever waiting for those pictures as they passed through the
ring plane; this is going to be a Chesley Bonestell moment!
Kudos, Cassini team!

Pat

Old July 1st 04, 07:52 AM
Jonathan Silverlight

In message , Bruce
Palmer writes
Get us into orbit out there....

They've done it, too. Congratulations to all concerned. Here's hoping
Huygens is successful.
Old July 1st 04, 08:28 AM
Jorge R. Frank

Pat Flannery wrote in
:

Bruce Palmer wrote:

Schweeeeet! Welcome to Saturn.

Boy, am I ever waiting for those pictures as they passed through the
ring plane; this is going to be a Chesley Bonestell moment!

I don't think Cassini was taking any pictures during the burn; sounds like
they're playing back engineering data now. But we should get some good ring
pics tomorrow morning.

--
JRF

think one step ahead of IBM.
Old July 1st 04, 08:47 AM
Alex R. Blackwell

Jorge R. Frank wrote:

I don't think Cassini was taking any pictures during the burn...

You're right. Only fields and particles and waves data were taken
*during* the burn. Only after the burn but before data playback was a
remote sensing sequence scheduled.

--

Alex R. Blackwell
University of Hawaii