Total Lunar Eclipse

Old March 3rd 07, 10:45 PM posted to sci.astro
neo[_1_]

Default Total Lunar Eclipse

So I am seeing full moon covered by earth shadow. But still I can see
somewhat redish full moon. So we have not lost moon. Don't worry.

I heard that total lunar eclipse will be after 12 years. Hoping sense
of deja vu!

Old March 4th 07, 12:50 PM posted to sci.astro
Anders Eklöf

neo wrote:

So I am seeing full moon covered by earth shadow. But still I can see
somewhat redish full moon. So we have not lost moon. Don't worry.

I heard that total lunar eclipse will be after 12 years. Hoping sense
of deja vu!

Actually, they ar not that rare. 6 or 7 per decade, on an average.
The next one is less than 6 months away, on August 28 - and it's
visible all around the Pacific. If you saw this one, you probably won't
see the next one. Unless you travel.

--
I recommend Macs to my friends, and Windows machines
to those whom I don't mind billing by the hour