Circular Time

Old December 29th 05, 08:15 PM posted to alt.astronomy

Default Circular Time

Well we think of time as something that is linear. One end of its
spectrum goes back to the moment of the big bang,and then up to "now"
and on to the distance future. How could we ever view time different
than that? Then I remember Greek thoughts on this. In their
spacetime(ancient) they thought time was "circular" Reality is they
thought that every event repeated endlessly in a series of cosmic
cycles. They must of thought of things like another Trojan war,and more
than just one Socrates drinking down another brew of hemlock. Best to
think our saying "history repeats itself" from Greek ancient thinking.
I wish time could curve as to make a circle,for that would mean that
becoming older(like this old man) must simultaneously be getting younger
Well I've posted the end of one cycle that ends a universe is the
beginning cycle of a universe coming to be. Kind of sad one universe
has to be squeezed to death to make room for the new universe. Maybe
the ultimate act of humankind is to interfere with this action? Could
we reverse entropy? TreBert

Old December 30th 05, 12:36 AM posted to alt.astronomy

G=EMC^2 Glazier wrote:
[...]

Greetings,
I think there was a story on reversing entropy years ago by Isaac
Asimov, probably pretty dated now. I think I still have a copy of it
somewhere. Affirmative, `The Last Question', 1956. Oddly, in my
collection, this appears in the same volume as `The Red Brain' by Donald
Wandrei (date not known), which has a number of similarities. Both short
stories.
Regards,
Ray.
Old December 30th 05, 12:39 AM posted to alt.astronomy

G=EMC^2 Glazier wrote:
[...]

Well, if the universe is closed, then the three spatial dimensions are
closed loops. If time is just another dimension, then why wouldn't it
be a closed loop too?

Double-A

Old December 30th 05, 02:42 AM posted to alt.astronomy

From Double-A:

..if the universe is closed, then the three
spatial dimensions are closed loops.

Yeah, what if the universe IS closed (instead of open-ended and
undergoing 'ever-accelerating expansion' unto entropic heat death)? When
it reaches the point of maximum expansion and enters the contraction
phase (like a supra-cosmic 'Solstice'), that would mark the beginning of
_reversal of entropy_, would it not?

oc

Old December 30th 05, 03:44 AM posted to alt.astronomy

Hello;
Break on over to the other side? Our puny eyes and minds can grasp only the
crumbs.
That thing about time being linear, maybe we must think of it (space/time)
that way.
What is more troubling, death or not ever being able to die?
Take care,
sleep well,
spike

To see what the State has been up to why not visit my homepage;
http://thevandalnextdoordeaththreats...asar-intl.com/

Old December 30th 05, 03:06 PM posted to alt.astronomy

Hi Ray Thanks for that information. Would like to know what Asimov had
to say about circular time. Find the book and let us know TreBert

Old December 30th 05, 03:18 PM posted to alt.astronomy

Hi double-A Yes the universe could be an expanding sphere (like an
inflating balloon) Gravity making it enclosed. So that time and
light can't get out. Spacetime made into a perfect circle(sphere)
Gravity is in reality "spacetime" It all fits Convex and concave the
two faces of gravity. like heads and tails,are the two sides of the same
coin. Trebert

Old December 31st 05, 02:58 AM posted to alt.astronomy,alt.usenet.kooks

Double-Anus wrote:
G=EMC^2 Glazier wrote:
[...]

Double-Anus

If only you had a time telescope to look back on yourself, Double-Anus
-

http://www.superdickery.com/dick/6.html

Old December 31st 05, 02:15 PM posted to alt.astronomy

Ho oc Best we keep in mind that past time and future time are two
different things,and yet the fact is that the fundamental laws of
physics are time symmetrical. This means that they would have the same
form if the direction of time were reversed. We can safely say the
entropy of the universe is increasing. So it had to have been lower in
the past,and get higher in the future. Photons are traveling
towards the future,and never go back to the past,and let me throw in
that the universe is expanding into the future. I think all
this takes away any theory that has the universe ever contracting in the
future.vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv vvvvvvvvvv
TreBert