Supernova spits out equivalent of our Sun in mass

Old July 7th 11, 11:12 PM posted to sci.astro
dlzc

Default Supernova spits out equivalent of our Sun in mass

http://groups.google.com/group/sci.s...a43e95c9aca09#

That is a pretty phenomenal cooling rate too, from stellar
temperatures to about 60 K in only 26 years. A large surface area
will do that, I guess...

David A. Smith
Old July 7th 11, 11:31 PM posted to sci.astro
Yousuf Khan[_2_]

On 07/07/2011 6:12 PM, dlzc wrote:
http://groups.google.com/group/sci.s...a43e95c9aca09#

That is a pretty phenomenal cooling rate too, from stellar
temperatures to about 60 K in only 26 years. A large surface area
will do that, I guess...

David A. Smith

Interesting Herschel Telescope finding. It might soon become our largest
orbiting telescope for some time to come. NASA is giving signs of
cancelling the JWST telescope. Herschel is already larger than Hubble.

Yousuf Khan
Old July 8th 11, 07:01 AM posted to sci.astro
Androcles[_44_]

"dlzc" wrote in message

http://groups.google.com/group/sci.s...a43e95c9aca09#

| That is a pretty phenomenal cooling rate too, from stellar
| temperatures to about 60 K in only 26 years. A large surface area
| will do that, I guess...
|
| David A. Smith

Where did all the stars come from?
Oh, that's easy, the dust collapses gravitationally and stars form.
Where did all the dust come from?
Oh, that's easy, stars explode and blow away the dust.
Where did all the stars come from?
Oh, that's easy, the chicken came before the egg before the chicken.
That is a pretty phenomenal incubation rate too, from raw egg to
chick in 3 weeks.

Old July 16th 11, 01:42 AM posted to sci.astro
OG

On 08/07/2011 07:01, Androcles wrote:
wrote in message

http://groups.google.com/group/sci.s...a43e95c9aca09#

| That is a pretty phenomenal cooling rate too, from stellar
| temperatures to about 60 K in only 26 years. A large surface area
| will do that, I guess...
|
| David A. Smith

Where did all the stars come from?
Oh, that's easy, the dust collapses gravitationally and stars form.

Do you have a cite for that?

Where did all the dust come from?
Oh, that's easy, stars explode and blow away the dust.
Where did all the stars come from?
Oh, that's easy, the chicken came before the egg before the chicken.

I'm sure your mum had a mum of her own.