Aether

Old June 4th 11, 12:21 AM posted to sci.physics.relativity,sci.physics,sci.math,sci.astro
Koobee Wublee

Default Aether

On Jun 3, 6:07 am, PD wrote:
On Jun 2, 3:22 am, saul wrote:

You just listed an aether theory that explains quite a lot: GR +
standard model.
One can call this an aether theory because it prescribes physical
quantities to empty space. That was Einstein's criteria for an aether
theory and he considered his theory of GR to be an aether theory for
this reason. The "standard model" of quantum mechanics is also an
aether theory for the same reason, describing empty space with
detailed physical quantities.

This is I suppose defensible in some abstract way as long as "medium"
is defined in an unconventional way. However, then there is no
measurable distinction between "empty space" and "medium", as there is
no evidence of empty-space-without-physical-properties.

Your ‘no measurable distinction between “empty space” and “medium”’
reflects your level of technology. Only when you know where to look
for this medium, you will find it. Otherwise, stay mystified.
shrug
Old June 4th 11, 04:51 AM posted to sci.physics.relativity,sci.physics,sci.math,sci.astro
1treePetrifiedForestLane

in optics, the index of refraction of he atmosphere
is often taken to be one, the same as "free space," and
it is merely a heuristic.

all of the main properties of interstellar plasma
have been elucidated in the Alfven school, and
cosmology.
Old June 4th 11, 10:20 AM posted to sci.physics.relativity,sci.physics,sci.math,sci.astro
PD

On Jun 3, 6:21*pm, Koobee Wublee wrote:
On Jun 3, 6:07 am, PD wrote:

On Jun 2, 3:22 am, saul wrote:
[...]

Do tell. Also tell me where to find empty space without this medium in
it.

*Otherwise, stay mystified.
shrug

Old June 4th 11, 02:27 PM posted to sci.physics.relativity,sci.physics,sci.math,sci.astro
mpc755

On Jun 3, 6:07 am, PD wrote:

On Jun 2, 3:22 am, saul wrote:
[...]

Do tell.

'Hubble Finds Ghostly Ring of Dark Matter'
http://www.nasa.gov/mission_pages/hu...g_feature.html

"Astronomers using NASA's Hubble Space Telescope got a first-hand view
of how dark matter behaves during a titanic collision between two
galaxy clusters. The wreck created a ripple of dark mater, which is
somewhat similar to a ripple formed in a pond when a rock hits the
water."

The 'pond' consists of aether. The moving 'particles' are the galaxy
clusters. The 'ripple' is a gravitational wave. The 'ripple' is an
aether displacement wave.

The above is physical evidence of a moving 'particle' having an
associated aether displacement wave.

http://www.scientificamerican.com/ar...lit-experiment

"Intriguingly, the trajectories closely match those predicted by an
unconventional interpretation of quantum mechanics known as pilot-wave
theory, in which each particle has a well-defined trajectory that
takes it through one slit while the associated wave passes through
both slits. The traditional interpretation of quantum mechanics, known
as the Copenhagen interpretation, dismisses the notion of
trajectories, and maintains that it is meaningless to ask what value a
variable, such as momentum, has if that's not what is being measured."

In a double slit experiment, the particle travels a single path and
enters and exits a single slit. It is the associated aether
displacement wave which enters and exits both slits. The aether
displacement wave creates wave interference upon exiting the slits. As
the particle exits a singel slit, it is this interference which alters
the direction the particle travels. Detecting the particle causes a
loss of coherence of the associated aether displacement wave, there is
no wave interference, and the direction the particle travels is not
altered.

The aether is detected every time a double slit experiment is
performed.

Aether has mass. Aether physically occupies three dimensional space.
Aether is physically displaced by matter. Aether is not at rest when
displaced. Displaced aether exerts force towards matter. Force exerted
towards matter by aether displaced by matter is gravity.

Aether Displacement explains why the shape of the Milky Way's 'dark
matter' is in the shape of a squished beach ball.

'Dark Halo Around Our Galaxy Looks Like Squished Beach Ball'
http://www.space.com/7746-dark-halo-...each-ball.html

"Dark matter seems to shroud the remaining visible matter in giant
spheres called haloes."

The Milky Way's halo is displaced aether.

"But the new study found that the Milky Way's halo isn't exactly
spherical, but squished. In fact, its beach-ball form is flattened in
a surprising direction perpendicular to the galaxy's visible, pancake-
shaped spiral disk."

All of the aether displaced by the Milky Way matter exerts force
towards the matter. The force exerted towards the matter by the aether
displaced perpendicular to the plane of the galaxy's spiral disk
offset. It is the aether which is displaced outward relative to the
plane of the spiral disk which exerts force towards the center of the
galaxy. This forces the matter closer together which results in the
displaced aether looking like a squished beach ball.

Matter does not move with dark matter. Matter moves through the
aether.

'Offset between dark matter and ordinary matter: evidence from a
sample of 38 lensing clusters of galaxies'
http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/1...739.x/abstract

"We compile a sample of 38 galaxy clusters which have both X-ray and
strong lensing observations, and study for each cluster the projected
offset between the dominant component of baryonic matter centre
(measured by X-rays) and the gravitational centre (measured by strong
lensing). Among the total sample, 45 per cent clusters have offsets
[greater than]10 arcsec. The [greater than]10 arcsec separations are
significant, considering the arcsecond precision in the measurement of
the lensing/X-ray centres. This suggests that it might be a common
phenomenon in unrelaxed galaxy clusters that gravitational field is
separated spatially from the dominant component of baryonic matter. It
also has consequences for lensing models of unrelaxed clusters since
the gas mass distribution may differ from the dark matter distribution
and give perturbations to the modelling. Such offsets can be used as a
statistical tool for comparison with the results of Lambda cold dark
matter ( CDM) simulations and to test the modified dynamics."

The offset is due to the galaxy clusters moving with respect to the
state of the aether.

Also tell me where to find empty space without this medium in
it.

Aether exists where matter does not. Aether exists where particles of
matter do not. As far as we know, there is no space, nor any part of
three dimensional space, devoid of aether and matter. As far as we
know, there is no space, nor any part of three dimensional space,
devoid of mass.
Old June 5th 11, 01:33 AM posted to sci.physics.relativity,sci.physics,sci.math,sci.astro
1treePetrifiedForestLane

in other words, "free space" is merely a heuristic,
an approximation to Pascal's putative discovery
of an absolute vacuum in a really big test-tube
(the maximum stage of a suction pump .-)
Old June 5th 11, 09:00 PM posted to sci.physics.relativity,sci.physics,sci.math,sci.astro
Benj

On Jun 4, 9:27*am, mpc755 wrote:

Aether exists where matter does not. Aether exists where particles of
matter do not. As far as we know, there is no space, nor any part of
three dimensional space, devoid of aether and matter. As far as we
know, there is no space, nor any part of three dimensional space,
devoid of mass.

Thus, were it possible somehow to pump all aether from space, THAT
would represent a "true" vacuum. If we think about this a bit, we can
understand that IF we created a true vacuum, it would have several
properties. One such would be that waves of any kind could not be
transmitted through this vacuum. Unlike the logical failure of modern
physics which asserts nonsense like waves traveling without any medium
or "characteristics" (fields) existing without anything which
possesses the characteristics, a true vacuum would not transmit waves
nor have any properties like normal space. This is why Einstein noted
that empty space is "aether" precisely because it DOES have
properties. However, we can also note that particles can indeed
travel through a true vacuum with no logical contradictions.

So the only question that remains for the "ultimate" experiment needed
to demonstrate Aether would be the creation of such a "true vacuum".
How to do this is not presently known in the unclassified world, but I
suggest that it probably would take some kind of electromagnetic
pumping system. Probably not so simple as "nature abhors a 'true'
vacuum".

Old July 7th 11, 02:32 PM posted to sci.physics.relativity,sci.physics,sci.math,sci.astro
Byron Forbes

In article 602c355c-e9af-45ac-ae50-0bfaa8ba4533
@j31g2000yqe.googlegroups.com, says...

On Jun 5, 4:00*pm, Benj wrote:
On Jun 4, 9:27*am, mpc755 wrote:

[...]

There is already an overabundance of evidence of the aether.

The most overwhelming kindergarten level evidence of aether is as
follows -

Phonons (matter and sound waves) and photons both have wave nature.
The likelihood that they are entirely different i.e. one is energy
traveling thru a medium and the other is something particulate (photon)
traveling thru nothing (vacuum), is absurd!

This is why this "aether" argument has raged on for centuries and
will continue to do so until it is found. Dark matter/energy is the
same thing.

It is typical of humans to deny the existence of that they have no
awareness of - like atheists and the gods. If they could get the
kindergarten logic above thru their heads then we may have more
"scientists" looking in the right directions!

http://www.scientificamerican.com/ar...uble-slit-expe...

[...]

"NASA Announces Results of Epic Space-Time Experiment"
http://science.nasa.gov/science-news...11/04may_epic/

"Our planet spins, and the spin should twist the dimple, slightly,
pulling it around into a 4-dimensional swirl. This is what GP-B went
to space in 2004 to check."

And found.

The spin is either a physical spin of the aether or the spin is the
direction of the force associated with the aether displaced by the
Earth.

Old July 7th 11, 03:14 PM posted to sci.physics.relativity,sci.physics,sci.math,sci.astro
mpc755

On Jun 5, 4:00*pm, Benj wrote:
On Jun 4, 9:27*am, mpc755 wrote:

[...]

What waves in a double slit experiment is the ether of relativity.

Old July 9th 11, 09:37 PM posted to sci.physics.relativity,sci.physics,sci.math,sci.astro
Rob Greason

Atlas frugged!

Aether Koobee Wublee Astronomy Misc 4 July 11th 11 01:57 AM
Aether or whatever George Dishman Astronomy Misc 342 March 27th 07 05:07 PM
Aether or whatever Researcher Astronomy Misc 17 October 24th 06 06:20 PM
Aether or whatever [email protected] Astronomy Misc 2 October 17th 06 05:17 AM
What if there is an Aether The Postman Misc 28 April 28th 05 10:48 PM